• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Barnsley v Swansea, Championship Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg, Match Thread

I love reading the optimism on here.. beating Barnsley twice comfortably !?! not the games i remember. They have picked up big time since we last played them and we have stuttered over the line.

Saying that i do think its the more favourable semi final for us if we match their work rate and become more clinical up top, Most are tipping a Brentford v Barnsley Final and Brentford getting promoted .

Do we have that two big game performances in us to get to the final ?

I’d be almost tempted to go back to 5 at the back for the away leg... keep it tight and hope to nick a goal... much like earlier in the season.

And then 433 for the home game.

Magic_Michu said:
I’d be almost tempted to go back to 5 at the back for the away leg... keep it tight and hope to nick a goal... much like earlier in the season.

And then 433 for the home game.

I agree with this, Barnsley will fully expect us to be lining up with the formation we have been using lately.

Dont care what Barnsley do or expect

We remain optimistic and focused on winning the next game

Its gonna be emotionally draining having to watch without the possibility of huge numbers of us being there, the sight of maybe getting to the final and who knows winning it. The thought of not being there to witness the above is fckn awful.

sainthelens said:
Its gonna be emotionally draining having to watch without the possibility of huge numbers of us being there, the sight of maybe getting to the final and who knows winning it. The thought of not being there to witness the above is fckn awful.

Absolutely right, I've been to Wembley every time the swans have played there starting with Huddersfield in early 90s to spurs away in the Prem a few years ago and I'd like to continue that record.

karnataka said:
sainthelens said:

Absolutely right, I've been to Wembley every time the swans have played there starting with Huddersfield in early 90s to spurs away in the Prem a few years ago and I'd like to continue that record.

Same here but the chance of keeping that record going (If we get to the final) imo is less than zero.

3swan said:
karnataka said:

Same here but the chance of keeping that record going (If we get to the final) imo is less than zero.

I've said all along , if we get to the final we'll win it, but getting there is gonna take a mammoth effort. The logic ? Maybe cos our record at Wembley is nigh on perfect...but mostly cos whoever the opponents gonna be, the pressure on them as favourites will be too much.

I agree with going for the 532 for the first leg, Robert's has had a chance to recharge his batteries and he will be up for tearing it up at their ground as a wing back.

Fulton also has to be in the starting team, great work rate and a level of technique that many don't associate with him.

I hope people aren't under the impression we monstered them in beating them twice. We beat them twice by playing totally negatively and scrapping out two goals in each game...both times getting the second when we looked under a bit of pressure at 1-0. We spent both games just lumping it aimlessly up the pitch, and so did they. Unless they've changed, I'm not expecting much football. This will be a close run thing.

monmouth said:
I hope people aren't under the impression we monstered them in beating them twice. We beat them twice by playing totally negatively and scrapping out two goals in each game...both times getting the second when we looked under a bit of pressure at 1-0. We spent both games just lumping it aimlessly up the pitch, and so did they. Unless they've changed, I'm not expecting much football. This will be a close run thing.

Except you're conveniently forgetting neither game was played on a pitch conducive to passing the ball around. We played the conditions perfectly on both occasions. I'm expecting much different games this time, especially at home.

karnataka said:
sainthelens said:

The Northampton play off final is still a bad memory with their free kick

One good stat and one bad stat taken from the Barnsley fans forum.

Good: Barnsley haven't beaten us in our last 12 matches.

Bad: Barnsley are 3rd in the league for goals scored from set pieces with 17. However, Swansea are top of the league in goals conceded from set pieces with 7.

The second stat is more relevant and I hope Coops is working on it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back