• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Barnsley v Swansea, Championship Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg, Match Thread

Gaius Baltar said:
3-0 barnsley .... we may sneak a late consolation if we are very lucky

watched a fair bit of them lately (admittedly on a second monitor without full attention)

they are a lot better than us and looked really dangerous last time out against norwich ... nothing like the team we nobbled wins against earlier in the season
Lot could depend on how desperate they'll be to get a lead for the return. Coops will no doubt park the bus. But do see us nicking a goal.
1-1 for me.

Hopefully Cooper can draw on his tournament experience this time around. The players having experience of the play offs last year will help, and from previous interviews/articles there is apparently a strong passion to gain promotion from Ayew and Roberts at the very least - arguably 2 key players. I'll agree with SH and plump for a 1-1, wouldn't surprise me if we won, and had a nervy park-the-bus-esque draw at home.

Barnsley play a very intense, high press game, which we always struggle against (mainly due to the fact our back line’s passing under pressure can be questionable, so we resort to long balls that just come straight back at us). The Barnsley manager also utilises all 5 subs most games to maintain the intensity, whereas Copper’s subs and game management leave a lot to be desired.

Some big questions on starting XI - I think we need to try and play our hardest workers/best passers. Ayew and Lowe will clearly start if fit. Midfield should be Grimes, Fulton and Smith, but I think Hourihane will start.

Do we go 4 or 5 at the back? 5 would be more solid and allow Roberts to play in his best position. He doesn’t tend to play Bennett and Cabango together, so assuming Bennett starts we’ll miss the attacking aerial threat from Ben. Bennett’s distribution isn’t great, but he does provide a good experienced head at the back.

Overall I’m not especially confident, and think we’ll really need to ride our luck. That said, anything can happen in the playoffs so fingers crossed, and come kick-off I’m sure I’ll be fancying our chances!

One minute I'm confident the next I'm not so I'm not going to bother picking a winner.

What I will be doing is shouting at the big screen at whatever pub I choose to go to.

COYJB🦢

We have to match Barnsley's intensity tonight and also we need to tactically get this right too.

They will be over us like a rash and we need to match it for 90 mins and try and take the game to them.

MrSwerve said:
Massive downpours up there apparently.

This was posted 12 minutes ago, doesn't look too bad at the moment...
https://twitter.com/BarnsleyFC/status/1394277439925366784?s=19

RIP Rimmo btw 🙏

It's one of the biggest games in the clubs history tonight and I'm feeling a bit meh about it all, anyone else

Skippyjack said:
It's one of the biggest games in the clubs history tonight and I'm feeling a bit meh about it all, anyone else

Normal pre-match nerves for me. Going to need to find something to do for the next 3 hours as a distraction.

Skippyjack said:

I’m kind of feeling the same...hopefully a bit of a crowd will help. Second legs are always more nervy.

Skippyjack said:

Well you would be.

I for one am not, I'm bricking it.

I haven't been this excited since 2011.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back