• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: The Official Swansea City v Luton Town Match Thread

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Swansea City v Luton Town
The Liberty Stadium, Swansea
Saturday December 5 2020, 3pm Kick Off

Previous 6 Meetings

View attachment Last 6 Meetings.jpg

Last 5 at the Liberty

View attachment Last 5 at the Liberty.jpg

Goal Statistics

View attachment Goals per team.jpg

Disciplinary Records

View attachment Disciplinary Records.jpg

Average Stats per game

View attachment Per Match Statistics.jpg

Team characteristics

View attachment Team Characteristics.jpg

Top scorer comparison

View attachment Top Scorer.jpg

LAST TIME OUT AT THE LIBERTY
27 June 2020
Swansea City 0 Luton Town 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJnGYaNi8cg

LAST TIME OUT AT KENILWORTH ROAD
December 21 2019
Luton Town 0 Swansea 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKHCtt8Rn2o

LAST UP FOR LUTON
Luton Town 3 Norwich City 1
02 December 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8CCaWEu2Xs

Saturday's Ref is Leigh Doughty

Leigh Doughty will take charge of just his 6th Championship game on Saturday when the Swans entertain Luton at the Liberty Stadium.

His previous 5 Championship games have seen him award 21 yellow cards but no reds. Given the factor of four of the last five matches at the Liberty have seen a red card produced - three of them for the visitors - he could see that change on Saturday.

Doughty was the fourth official at Coventry earlier this season in a game that was taken charge of by Keith Stroud who was in charge of the Swans game at Middlesbrough in midweek.

At just 30 years old, Doughty was "promoted" to the levels of Championship referee earlier this season with his debut being a 1-0 win for Millwall away at Rotherham. His last game was last weekend where he brandished 8 yellow cards, split equally between Millwall and Reading in a 1-1 draw at the New Den. He is now officially a full-time Select 2 Championship referee, just four years on from performances in the Northern Premier League.

“It’s crazy to think what has happened since with four promotions in four years. I just can’t wait to get going now, the Championship is something like the fifth biggest league in Europe" Doughty said on his rise to the Championship ranks.

“I’ve been asked if it was a tough choice to give up my teaching job but to be honest, while it will be emotional to leave, it was a no-brainer. School have been very supportive and I wasn’t expecting a full-time contract. But it’s been my dream for a long time to do this for a living so when I was offered it there was no real decision to make really.

“Clubs do their research on you, they know your previous games and what happened, fans have tried to follow me on Twitter, a Cheltenham fan got in touch before the play-off semi-final. I had to decline it. Social media is huge now but ultimately it’s just people’s opinions."

QVNIMTE2OTQ3MTkz.jpg

QVNIMTE3MDA0NTI0.jpg

This is a bigger game than a lot realise i think especially after losing to Boro.

After Luton its Bournemouth and then the derby so we really need to beat Luton to keep some momentum going.

It had to be done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSSpPkMlb98

STEVE COOPER | WE BELIEVE IN THESE PLAYERS, THEY WILL RESPOND IN THE RIGHT WAY

Steve Cooper has every confidence his Swansea City side will respond to their Middlesbrough defeat in the right fashion.

The Swans suffered just a third league defeat of the season at the Riverside, as a Duncan Watmore brace ensured Yan Dhanda’s goal was not enough to salvage anything from the Teesside contest.

Head coach Cooper gave an honest assessment of the display, acknowledging it was disappointing and below the standards Swansea have set themselves.

But they remain in the upper reaches of the table with just that aforementioned trio of defeats a third of the way through the Championship campaign.

Luton are next up at the Liberty on Saturday, and Cooper is sure his side go about returning to winning ways in the right fashion.

“It was a disappointing night and I am certainly not going to stand here and make any excuses, he said.

“We demand better of ourselves, we know we are capable of better and, while there are a lot of games and travelling, I am not going to use those things as excuses.

“But what I would say is I believe in these players, and as a coaching staff we believe in these players.

“So far this season we have not had too many reasons for disappointment and, with this group, we know they will respond in the right way.

“We now look ahead to Luton, and we will be fully focused on turning in a better performance and hopefully getting a good result.”

ANDRE AYEW | WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH FRUSTRATION OF DEFEAT AND BE POSITIVE

Swansea City forward Andre Ayew believes those sides who deal best with moments of frustration will fare best over the course of this unusual Championship season.

The Swans are preparing to host Luton Town at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday, following their midweek defeat at Middlesbrough.

Head coach Steve Cooper pulled no punches in his assessment of Swansea’s third defeat of the season, believing his side had dropped below the standards they set themselves.

But topscorer Ayew knows allowing the frustration over the Teesside showing to linger will not help the Swans get the result they want this weekend.

And he wants them to again show their ability to bounce back from disappointment, having yet to suffer consecutive defeats over the first third of the season.

"We're a squad who want to do something big this year. To do that, we need to learn how to deal with frustrating situations like this,” he said.

“We need to stay calm, realise what we did good and bad, and prepare for Saturday and look to make it count.

“It’s about sticking together and standing by each other, because that’s what the best teams do.

“I know I must help the team and have a style of play that's not just about scoring goals; it's about trying to help the team to play better football.

“I think we're doing well. It's very important for me to try and be as complete as I can be. If I can get goals, that's the icing on the cake, but it's important to play our game.

“The gaffer and the players trust in each other and we have the freedom to play our game.

“You cannot go through a season such as this without losing games or having disappointment but, if you react right, you can make sure those feelings do not last long.

“We need to keep going because this league is long and hard."

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/andre-ayew-we-have-deal-frustration-defeat-and-be-positive

karnataka said:
swansnews said:
It had to be done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSSpPkMlb98

It really didn't. :roll:

That nice lady with the short hair wouldn't walk for a week following an hour locked in my room.

Fireboy said:
sainthelens said:
That nice lady with the short hair wouldn't walk for a week following an hour locked in my room.

Why? Will you sprain her ankle?

Probably more chance of me doing my back in buddy.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back