• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Blackburn Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackharris

Staff member
Reaction score
B6-EF5-E4-C-1-E84-4632-842-B-9702-EF186187.jpg

D7201-A92-3594-4413-AEC6-FA79-B53-D9629.jpg

838-B1-AAF-1228-4379-AF79-FE63125759-BC.jpg

9-D21-E72-A-C359-47-B1-AD1-F-DF9-F9699-AD2-D.jpg

5-BDE01-F9-66-EC-42-DF-94-F0-7-E6282-BF76-D0.jpg

1-D4-B637-A-38-CA-4339-B6-D4-E9944-FCD7787.jpg

05-BF40-AF-658-D-4-A09-8-CD4-B538161-B8760.jpg

E03118-AC-965-D-41-D1-87-E2-23-FE76715-C16.jpg

676-A5-D1-D-A40-F-498-F-A8-A8-4906-CDD71512.jpg

6-BB36-BD6-3161-47-C2-A21-C-E92-AD76-C1-AF1.jpg

F64719-B8-37-E0-4-D69-93-C0-BCFC4-E58-A01-B.jpg

Squad looking very thin as it stands for Saturday, tough start to the season, need to ride out the first few weeks. Few surprise inclusions I can see happening.

.....................Benda....................
...... Cabango...Bennett....Butler.......
Naughton............................Bidwell
.............Smith....Williams..............
...................Dhanda....................
...........Lowe............Cullen...........

I'd be tempted to put Ollie Cooper in there instead of Dhanda personally. Lati has been poor all pre season so wouldn't be surprised to see another academy graduate given the nod. I expect Walsh to miss out through injury and Grimes to either be sold by then, or miss out while he is in process of completing a move somewhere.

Risc said:
Squad looking very thin as it stands for Saturday, tough start to the season, need to ride out the first few weeks. Few surprise inclusions I can see happening.

.....................Benda....................
...... Cabango...Bennett....Butler.......
Naughton............................Bidwell
.............Smith....Williams..............
...................Dhanda....................
...........Lowe............Cullen...........

I'd be tempted to put Ollie Cooper in there instead of Dhanda personally. Lati has been poor all pre season so wouldn't be surprised to see another academy graduate given the nod. I expect Walsh to miss out through injury and Grimes to either be sold by then, or miss out while he is in process of completing a move somewhere.

The fun bit of a brand new manager right before the first game of the season, only educated guesses at best of how we will line up than any real insight. I do agree with the 3 at the back assumption as that does seem to be Martin's favoured formation from what I have been able to research.

I am also in agreement about Latibeaudiere, I have felt that he was an obvious weak link in every pre season performance that I saw to the extent that he even managed to get himself sent off during a pre season friendly.

That said I think that with our current personnel that he is more likely to adopt a 3-4-3 formation:

...................Benda......................
.....Naughton....Bennett...Cabango.....
Garrick..............................Manning
..........Smith..........Williams/Walsh...
..........Lowe..........Whittaker/Piroe..
..................Cullen......................

Naughton has experience playing as centre back for us and Cooper did use Garrick a couple of times as a wingback (even though its not his best position, ideally he would be competing with Lowe for the right attacking midfield position where he can over/underlap the wingback and use his pace to get in behind). The other option is using Rushesha as right wingback but it would definitely be a trial by fire for someone who hasn't even made his first team debut yet.

I assume Garrick is injured as he hasn’t featured in any pre season games. Rushesha is coming back from a long term injury and again hadn’t played pre season. Manning may also not be fully match fit given his Covid absence.

https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/08/04/lets-talk-about-blackburn-rovers/

Benda
Naughts Bango Benno Bido
Piro Smithy Dhany Whitty
Lowe Cullsy

Is Bidwell injured?

Baron Goblet said:
Benda
Naughts Bango Benno Bido
Piro Smithy Dhany Whitty
Lowe Cullsy

Is Bidwell injured?

That's a relegation bound team, Naughton has lost pace to play fullback anymore, unless the division is mediocre, can't believe you're giving Cullen a starting berth, him and Dhanda are too lightweight for this division, they need time in the lower divisions otherwise we'll be battling the drop.. but I'll have to agree with the lineup except Whittaker up top for Cullen and put Piroe as a 10.. but that is an absolute shocker of an XI

Skippyjack said:
Baron Goblet said:
Benda
Naughts Bango Benno Bido
Piro Smithy Dhany Whitty
Lowe Cullsy

Is Bidwell injured?

That's a relegation bound team, Naughton has lost pace to play fullback anymore, unless the division is mediocre, can't believe you're giving Cullen a starting berth, him and Dhanda are too lightweight for this division, they need time in the lower divisions otherwise we'll be battling the drop.. but I'll have to agree with the lineup except Whittaker up top for Cullen and put Piroe as a 10.. but that is an absolute shocker of an XI

This division is worse than mediocre, have to be fckn dire to end up bottom 3. Playing shyte past 2 seasons we've ended up in the playoffs.
We'll be fine.

GK: Steven Benda

CB: Ben Cabango
CB: Ryan Bennett
CB: Joel Latibuediere
RB: Kyle Naughton
LB: Jake Bidwell

CM: Korey Smith
CM: Dan Williams
AM: Yan Dhanda

ST: Liam Cullen
ST: Jamal Lowe

There's an interesting assessment of us by a Blackburn fan on their forum that I agree with:

"Swansea are in crisis, a good manager gone a week before the season and replaced by someone unproven, and so many key losses/absentees, Guehi, Woodman and Hourihane returning to their parent clubs, Ayew leaving on a free, Grimes with a knock and an unsure future, Roberts injured, Walsh a doubt and Fulton suspended. 7 of the 11 that started the play off final all out. We won't have many easier games all season from an opposition perspective."

But otherwise, their fans are incredibly pessimistic, with most of them thinking that we'll win it. I can't see that myself, so I'll go for a routine 2-0 to Blackburn, which won't be the end of the world.

I think both sides aren’t in the position they want to be in terms of squad depth and quality. Never easy a trip to Ewood so I’ll take a draw away from home.

Why are people holding up the play off final as some sort of yardstick? We were so abysmal TF that 7 of the 11 are missing!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back