• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Blackburn Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yjb_09 said:
I know its early and im behind this manager i think
first impression he looks a good fit i know hrs only i had less than a week to work witj the squad but that was a suicide mission today and carry on with this and what I seen from.his mk dons side last weekend v bournemouth after 19 months in charge im petrified about the season ahead entertainment or not we cant afgord to drop out of this league

Liked by mistake. Where have you been all these years? Don’t bother answering, I think we know.

Vetchonian said:
Jinxy said:
It'll take time to undo cooperball - the players weren't trusted to play out from the back by default, so their confidence will need some building. I didn't see the game, but the possession stats are what we're used to. As has been said, a sprinkling of more and suitable talent will go a long way, as will time and patience. Well done (Doc?!) Martin and the players today.
Absolute rubbish I have posted highlights across both sites demonstrating how we played out from the back under the previous manager

a prime example is at Stoke where their goal came as a result of a mistake from Geuhi as we were palying out from the back , and in the same game our equaliser came from a move again started by playing out from the back....we did play like that under the previous manager so it sshouldnt be a problem but it is for Bennet....when you rewatch many games he is the one who hoofs ....the previous manager dropped hom to allow more ball playing....but hey ho let the myths persist. the difference now is our new manager wants to use the keeper more as a pivot to allow an extra outfield player to push up...high risk....
Liked by mistake, sorry. There are examples, of course. That's why it was frustrating - we knew how to play that way but were being held back. We certainly weren't barcalonesque under Cooper. Hell, one of the players even explained to me why they played that way. And no, I won't divulge who.

Jinxy said:
Liked by mistake, sorry. There are examples, of course. That's why it was frustrating - we knew how to play that way but were being held back. We certainly weren't barcalonesque under Cooper. Hell, one of the players even explained to me why they played that way. And no, I won't divulge who.

He won't understand. He won't care.

monmouth said:
I’ll be honest, because I quite like him, but the player that did my head in today was Naughton. Killed everything he touched and if I never see him take a throw in again it will be 300,000,000 light years too soon.

He stood still with the ball around the half way line for about 15 seconds at one point, has 0 running in him anymore
There was a time Smith was in the box and needed an overlap and Naughton just stood next to him

Vetchonian said:
Jinxy said:
It'll take time to undo cooperball - the players weren't trusted to play out from the back by default, so their confidence will need some building. I didn't see the game, but the possession stats are what we're used to. As has been said, a sprinkling of more and suitable talent will go a long way, as will time and patience. Well done (Doc?!) Martin and the players today.
Absolute rubbish I have posted highlights across both sites demonstrating how we played out from the back under the previous manager

a prime example is at Stoke where their goal came as a result of a mistake from Geuhi as we were palying out from the back , and in the same game our equaliser came from a move again started by playing out from the back....we did play like that under the previous manager so it sshouldnt be a problem but it is for Bennet....when you rewatch many games he is the one who hoofs ....the previous manager dropped hom to allow more ball playing....but hey ho let the myths persist. the difference now is our new manager wants to use the keeper more as a pivot to allow an extra outfield player to push up...high risk....

I saw us play more passes and keep the ball more today than in 2 seasons under Cooper.
He was a stale manager, his style will work for a bit but eventually will be found out as the boring 1 nil merchant he was.
Why do you think no other club wanted him?
Once Coopers brand of player are replaced we will be much better for it.

monmouth said:
Vetchonian said:

How many times? Your highlights are selective few minutes and wholly unrepresentative. You are like f*****g robocop. Get over it. Cooper failed with all the money from the parachutes and turned us into Cardiff then shat out when the going got tough. Those are facts. You don’t have to like them.

There are examples of those highlights throughout the season I have "selected" those from the beginning of the season as they show that the previous manager did have some intent to play football, and the players had the opportunity to do so...the Stoke games shows us playing passing football out from the back in March when we we supposed to have been at our "dullest". Given this it shows the players should be able to adjust to our new managers philosophy of passing football yet whilst listening to the game all I heard Andy Robinson was "shambolic" how poor our passing was and how this squad will need an overhaul to play the new mangaers style. Many people said last season our football was partly a result of the manager making the best use of the resources available..it seems this may be so.

This then raises a question surely a professional footballer should be capable of passing the ball? Surely this a basic of their trade? What players d0 we need then to play for the new manager? Ones who can pass?

Someone has responded to me stating we had 72% possesion so yes it seems we had alomost 3 times as much possesion than the oppostion yet we scored only half the goals they did and who got the result and the points?

On the bigger picture do you think that Jake Silverstein "invested/lent" the club money to see a club midtable in the championship but pretty to watch? The americans need the club in the PL, so they can generate revenue or maybe a "profitable "sale.

I worry for the long term future....especially with the recent Director of Football appointment..who does not believe there is any local talent andi think will run the acadamy down and attempt to get us follow the Brentford route..

I keep saying we all have different opinions....We certainly have not ben turned into Cardiff.....and that is part of the the problem regarding our previous Manager his roots....the inbuilt hatred we have for ou rEastern cousins gave some bias ...probably subconcoiusly again thats my opinion and other opinions are available.

Jinxy said:
Vetchonian said:

I have never claimed we were Barcalonesque under the previous manager just that we did attempt to play football and were not this Pullis,warnockesque side either...so you say you know why we played that way so spill you can do so without compromisisng the source tell us all why supposedly the football was stifled out of us

Vetchonian said:
monmouth said:
How many times? Your highlights are selective few minutes and wholly unrepresentative. You are like f*****g robocop. Get over it. Cooper failed with all the money from the parachutes and turned us into Cardiff then shat out when the going got tough. Those are facts. You don’t have to like them.

There are examples of those highlights throughout the season I have "selected" those from the beginning of the season as they show that the previous manager did have some intent to play football, and the players had the opportunity to do so...the Stoke games shows us playing passing football out from the back in March when we we supposed to have been at our "dullest". Given this it shows the players should be able to adjust to our new managers philosophy of passing football yet whilst listening to the game all I heard Andy Robinson was "shambolic" how poor our passing was and how this squad will need an overhaul to play the new mangaers style. Many people said last season our football was partly a result of the manager making the best use of the resources available..it seems this may be so.

This then raises a question surely a professional footballer should be capable of passing the ball? Surely this a basic of their trade? What players d0 we need then to play for the new manager? Ones who can pass?

Someone has responded to me stating we had 72% possesion so yes it seems we had alomost 3 times as much possesion than the oppostion yet we scored only half the goals they did and who got the result and the points?

On the bigger picture do you think that Jake Silverstein "invested/lent" the club money to see a club midtable in the championship but pretty to watch? The americans need the club in the PL, so they can generate revenue or maybe a "profitable "sale.

I worry for the long term future....especially with the recent Director of Football appointment..who does not believe there is any local talent andi think will run the acadamy down and attempt to get us follow the Brentford route..

I keep saying we all have different opinions....We certainly have not ben turned into Cardiff.....and that is part of the the problem regarding our previous Manager his roots....the inbuilt hatred we have for ou rEastern cousins gave some bias ...probably subconcoiusly again thats my opinion and other opinions are available.

Jesus you are deluded in regard to Cooper, the football was dire last season, weren't we the 3rd lowest for shots and around the same mark for chances created. Our XG difference was massively outperformed thanks to Ayew being way too good for this league.
Cooper was disliked because we would play games and have 1 shot in 90 minutes. It was boring turgid football and the better teams like Brentford played us off the park.

At Blackburn we had a handful of clear cut chances, Cullen going 1vs1 being the highlight, which we didnt make count.
Lots of positive signs in the game considering we've only trained maybe 2 or 3 times with Martin in charge.
Give him players and time and I'm sure he will be head and shoulders above whatever Cooper could've ever offered up.

Bryanswan said:
Vetchonian said:

Jesus you are deluded in regard to Cooper, the football was dire last season, weren't we the 3rd lowest for shots and around the same mark for chances created. Our XG difference was massively outperformed thanks to Ayew being way too good for this league.
Cooper was disliked because we would play games and have 1 shot in 90 minutes. It was boring turgid football and the better teams like Brentford played us off the park.

At Blackburn we had a handful of clear cut chances, Cullen going 1vs1 being the highlight, which we didnt make count.
Lots of positive signs in the game considering we've only trained maybe 2 or 3 times with Martin in charge.
Give him players and time and I'm sure he will be head and shoulders above whatever Cooper could've ever offered up.

Let's be honest anyone who considers us relegation material after that performance is either a table watcher or wants us to fail so they can claim they were right all along, they are desperate for failure.
Yesterday was a breath of fresh air.
Latibeaudiere and Benda mind farts aside were the better side by far. Blackburn also had their draw backs in the lead up to the game but they had a pre-season with Warnock, all their players were at the club last season, they had continuity of style, they had a fairly uninterrupted pre-season, all their players have had several weeks in training,
We played quick passing (it will have to improve against quick pressing teams but it a very promising start), we looked to go forward, Benda commanded the box and made excellent saves, we had attempts on goal and on target, it was entertaining to watch.
I had no idea about Martin but the Changs I've witnessed in his first 6 days in charge suggest he will do well.

Badlands said:
Bryanswan said:

Let's be honest anyone who considers us relegation material after that performance is either a table watcher or wants us to fail so they can claim they were right all along, they are desperate for failure.
Yesterday was a breath of fresh air.
Latibeaudiere and Benda mind farts aside were the better side by far. Blackburn also had their draw backs in the lead up to the game but they had a pre-season with Warnock, all their players were at the club last season, they had continuity of style, they had a fairly uninterrupted pre-season, all their players have had several weeks in training,
We played quick passing (it will have to improve against quick pressing teams but it a very promising start), we looked to go forward, Benda commanded the box and made excellent saves, we had attempts on goal and on target, it was entertaining to watch.
I had no idea about Martin but the Changs I've witnessed in his first 6 days in charge suggest he will do well.

Warnock? Am I missing something?

Jinxy said:
Vetchonian said:

SO why not share with us this players explanation of the playing style......you have no need to divulge the source just tell us the content.....or is this pure waffle?

Vetchonian said:
Jinxy said:

SO why not share with us this players explanation of the playing style......you have no need to divulge the source just tell us the content.....or is this pure waffle?
That's an old one so yep, pure waffle it is then. It's all irrelevant now anyhow. We have a new coach - long live the king etc.. Oh and with that silky smooth playing style we've all witnessed over the past few seasons, (Doc) Martin won't have to unpick anything, or implement anything new then will he - walk in the park etc.. Happy days.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back