• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Coventry City | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Coventry City?

• Swans win

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Coventry win

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackharris

Staff member
Reaction score
IMG-4714.jpg

IMG-4889.jpg

IMG-4791.jpg

IMG-4682.jpg

IMG-4793.jpg

IMG-4808.jpg

IMG-4811.jpg

IMG-4902.jpg

IMG-4946.jpg

IMG-4670.jpg

Toughest fixture so far. Duff"s got some big calls to make this week on his line up.

Hopefully this game is where we start to see signs of the "uptempo, high octane, front foot" football Duff keeps promising us. It's got to start somewhere, so why not on Saturday?

COYS.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Let's hope to f**k we win otherwise I fear an assassination squad will move on Duff.

:lol: Surely not! Martin lost two and drew one of his first three games and people were still saying he was ‘the real deal’. Don’t critics understand that Duff has a major rebuilding job on his hands after the last manager left? It’s a ‘project’ and patience is a virtue…

cadleigh said:
:lol: Surely not! Martin lost two and drew one of his first three games and people were still saying he was ‘the real deal’. Don’t critics understand that Duff has a major rebuilding job on his hands after the last manager left? It’s a ‘project’ and patience is a virtue…

Hardly a major rebuilding job. And he's had a whole pre-season to work on it.

mrploppy said:

Well I was making an ironic comment on the way that some supporters wanted to give Russell Martin three full seasons to complete his ‘rebuilding project’ but are already setting the time and date on which they intend to call Duff a failure after just two competitive matches…

However, since you ask the question - yes, I absolutely think that Duff has a rebuilding job on his hands. Of the starting XI in the last match of last season, we needed an upgrade on the GK (or at least serious competition til Benda is back), both FBs and both central AMs have left the club, the left winger is not a shoe-in to start and the main striker will probably leave us before the transfer window closes. Truth be told, maybe three out of that XI are likely to start games regularly under Duff and one of those (Grimes) may yet leave. If this isn’t a rebuilding job I don’t know what is.

As for the fact that Duff was with the squad for the whole of the pre-season, I think that counts for very little really. I didn’t accept it as an excuse for Martin’s slow start and I don’t think it can be used as a stick to beat Duff with - not when there are so many personnel changes in the squad.

mrploppy said:

To be fair to Duff, he's come in at a time where the squad has seen the biggest overhaul since relegation. We have not been as active as this in the market in terms of incomings for a long, long time. Probably the last time we saw this many in through the door was summer 2013 when we were putting a squad together to cope with Europa League football.

Given all this, and the fact he still wants more in, pre-season is by the by really. He's going to need time to integrate all these new players.

We may not see results until Christmas time. Although, I would reasonably expect to know what a Duff team looks like by the end of October. It didn't take Potter, Cooper or Martin longer than that to put their own stamp on things, we knew by that point what their teams were going to set up like. It shouldn't take longer than that for coaches at this level to have put a clearly defined style in place, I would expect Duff to have done the same by then.

Andrew - North Hill said:
To be fair to Duff, he's come in at a time where the squad has seen the biggest overhaul since relegation. We have not been as active as this in the market in terms of incomings for a long, long time. Probably the last time we saw this many in through the door was summer 2013 when we were putting a squad together to cope with Europa League football.

Given all this, and the fact he still wants more in, pre-season is by the by really. He's going to need time to integrate all these new players.

We may not see results until Christmas time. Although, I would reasonably expect to know what a Duff team looks like by the end of October. It didn't take Potter, Cooper or Martin longer than that to put their own stamp on things, we knew by that point what their teams were going to set up like. It shouldn't take longer than that for coaches at this level to have put a clearly defined style in place, I would expect Duff to have done the same by then.

If we don't see results until xmas, he wont be here new yrs eve.

Simms and Godden will be a handful for our defence equally we need Piroe and Yates providing a similar threat. Be interesting to see how Lati plays..

Ringwood Jack said:
Simms and Godden will be a handful for our defence equally we need Piroe and Yates providing a similar threat. Be interesting to see how Lati plays..

Lati is a weak link for them, and our players will know it. Unfortunately he won't be at full back, more likely in the centre, but the key is to go past him at pace. He can't cope with it.

Ringwood Jack said:

Like most people who leave here and play against us he will probably play a world class performance capped with a thirty yard thunderbolt midway through the second half that gives Rushworth no chance.

That is the Swansea Way :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back