• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Sheffield United vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

We're alright up until the edge of the box, but there cannot be many more teams in this division who are as lightweight up front as we are. Our wingers are flimsy and the two CFs we have are League One at best.

I'd be amazed if we get more than 45 goals in the league.

Combine that with a defence that is always capable of a brainfart like tonight, and it's very worrying.

I don’t really know what to make of it. We’re better than we have been to some extent, but I still find us such a difficult and frustrating watch. Was there really much joy for the players or us in that tonight?

There were some good runs into space and we went backwards like pre programmed robots. It’s like football by numbers. I don’t really see how we will score many goals playing like that. Yeah, I don’t know what to make of it, or what he is trying to do. And Abdulai? Really?

Well they hardly got out of their half for most of the game, battered them in every respect apart from the scoreline which was unfortunate to say the least.
We didn't batter them "in every respect" at all, we just had 66% possession

They had 15 shots, we had 7
They had 3 shots on target, we had 1
They had 4 big chances, we had 1
Both teams had 5 corners

They did what so many other teams have done to Swansea sides over the last few years, let us have the ball because they knew we wouldn't do anything with it and then hit us on the counter attack and win the game

Funnily enough when Naughton came on he was looking to play the ball forward at all times, few occasions Eom had the ball someone in the middle was in open space and the ball goes back, as Monmouth said it’s like pre programmed robots at times it can be very frustrating, but we are looking more solid defensively together, similar to when Stevie Coops was here.

Do you mean that defence which has one of the best records in the division so far this season. I am not a fan of Tymon but he was stuck between a rock and a hard place there, we are starting to develop you can see a pattern of play and we have certainly got grit, are we short of quality yes but any other night we would have got something from that game.

He’s hardly had a decent run in the side, combine that with having to settle into a new country and I think we can cut him some slack
I'm not writing him off but there's no spark from him at all so far.
Bianchini, Naughton, Franco & Cullen to start on Saturday please.

Do you mean that defence which has one of the best records in the division so far this season. I am not a fan of Tymon but he was stuck between a rock and a hard place there, we are starting to develop you can see a pattern of play and we have certainly got grit, are we short of quality yes but any other night we would have got something from that game.
Agree with this, just need forwards to click

Er what chances did Cardiff have other than their goal?

I'll tell you

We also should have had 3 or 4 in the first half, so your point is redundant really
It's not, Vigouroux has been our MOTM in most games this season.. Cardiff, the worst team in the division should've beat us.. I'm just smirking that the GREAT sheffield utd away performance weren't great.. Sheffield deserved all 3 points

We're alright up until the edge of the box, but there cannot be many more teams in this division who are as lightweight up front as we are. Our wingers are flimsy and the two CFs we have are League One at best.

I'd be amazed if we get more than 45 goals in the league.

Combine that with a defence that is always capable of a brainfart like tonight, and it's very worrying.
Even when our wingers are on it, their skills are entirely focused away from final product. Eom and Ronald (of last season, anyway) can beat players from nothing, but they've shown absolutely nothing in terms of crossing/passing/finishing ability. It's madness

We didn't batter them "in every respect" at all, we just had 66% possession

They had 15 shots, we had 7
They had 3 shots on target, we had 1
They had 4 big chances, we had 1
Both teams had 5 corners

They did what so many other teams have done to Swansea sides over the last few years, let us have the ball because they knew we wouldn't do anything with it and then hit us on the counter attack and win the game
Rubbish, we should have gone one up before they scored, yes they had a few chances but the silence in the ground told you everything, having the ball for two thirds of a game away from home is a battering in my book.

Funnily enough when Naughton came on he was looking to play the ball forward at all times, few occasions Eom had the ball someone in the middle was in open space and the ball goes back, as Monmouth said it’s like pre programmed robots at times it can be very frustrating, but we are looking more solid defensively together, similar to when Stevie Coops was here.
Missing an Ayew.

I'd chuck 5k a week at him and see if he'd take a nibble

Apart from sheffield missing 3 sitters you mean, should've been 3-0.. Cardiff should've scored a shed full, Norwich should've scored a shed full Bristol should've scored a shed full.. what are you all watching mun
Issue is, Williams has links with Martin so you are seeing the bad and not allowing yourself to be at peace to see the positives.

We are bang middle in the league with a thin squad, 4 or 5 young players with little to no experience of this league and 2 strikers.
I don't know what you are expecting but you are clearly not prepared to see the situation because you are still trying to play on a manager who left us over a year ago.

It's getting fooking boring now.

It's not, Vigouroux has been our MOTM in most games this season.. Cardiff, the worst team in the division should've beat us.. I'm just smirking that the GREAT sheffield utd away performance weren't great.. Sheffield deserved all 3 points
Cardiff were never good enough to beat us ffs

We did fuck all in the second half against them, they did fuck all other than score their goal.

I'd suggest watching that game again because your recollection of it is shocking

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back