• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Bristol City | The EFL Championship

jackharris

Staff member
Reaction score
IMG-6285.jpg

IMG-6417.jpg

IMG-6280.jpg
IMG-6282.jpg

IMG-6307.jpg

IMG-6306.jpg

IMG-6403.jpg

IMG-6445.jpg

IMG-6273.jpg

Last edited:
Got a good feeling about this one. We give up very few goals and Bristol City have issues keeping goals out.
Expecting an unchanged side with 8 days break between Coventry and Brizzle.

I'm not so confident. The defence has been lucky. Our xG conceded is 9.5, 5 and a half worse than our actual conceded, and 4th worst in the league. That's down to a combination of poor finishing from our opponents (Coventry had a league high 20 shots on goal in Saturday) and the excellence of Vigouroux. Can we sustain this? Possibly, but we need to improve defensively and not get complacent.

I'm cautiously optimistic - I just hope that management and players alike have a realistic view of where we're at.

I'm not so confident. The defence has been lucky. Our xG conceded is 9.5, 5 and a half worse than our actual conceded, and 4th worst in the league. That's down to a combination of poor finishing from our opponents (Coventry had a league high 20 shots on goal in Saturday) and the excellence of Vigouroux. Can we sustain this? Possibly, but we need to improve defensively and not get complacent.

I'm cautiously optimistic - I just hope that management and players alike have a realistic view of where we're at.
Find me a single decent chance Coventry had on Saturday? Only one I think of is Cabango glancing a cross over Vig's head, which led to their striker hitting the bar. They did absolutely nothing otherwise, and I can barely remember any of those 20 shots despite sitting behind our goal for the second half!

Even their goal was a huge slice of luck!

Sorry mate but our defence has been absolutely magnificent the past two games, and I couldn't give a fuck for all this xG bolloxs either 👍

👏🏼

They've been magnificent in the last two games.

The defence has been good for sure, but if you're presenting the opposition with 20 shots on goal then you can't be doing everything right. That the double chance with the initial header against the bar didn’t result in a goal was more down to poor finishing than good defending.

Our xG conceding over the season is 9.5, the biggest difference in the league from the actual conceding of 4. I think we're defending quite well on the whole, and our pressing high up the pitch is excellent, taking the pressure off our defenders. As long as we don't get complacent and think we're the finished article then we've got enough defensive quality to sustain our current good form.

The defence has been good for sure, but if you're presenting the opposition with 20 shots on goal then you can't be doing everything right. That the double chance with the initial header against the bar didn’t result in a goal was more down to poor finishing than good defending.

Our xG conceding over the season is 9.5, the biggest difference in the league from the actual conceding of 4. I think we're defending quite well on the whole, and our pressing high up the pitch is excellent, taking the pressure off our defenders. As long as we don't get complacent and think we're the finished article then we've got enough defensive quality to sustain our current good form.
If my Auntie had balls, she'd be my Uncle. Just give the lads credit when it's due.

In fairness a huge chunk of those would have come from the West Brom game where they had a solid half dozen clear chances but only managed to put away one of them.

Middlesbrough 18 shots 4 on target, 5 big chances xG 2.86 vs 5 shots 0 on target 0 big chances xG 0.47 for us.
West Brom 18 shots 5 on target, 4 big chances xG 2.40 vs us 6 shots 2 on target 1 big chance xG 0.46
Us 9, 4, 2 xG 0.71 vs Norwich 13 3 5 xG 1.13
Coventry 20 7 2 xG 1.65 Us 11 4 0 xG 0.73

The stats somewhat flatter Coventry as a lot of their efforts were from tight angles or outside the box. However conceding more than 13, 18, 18 and 20 shots in 4 out of 6 matches isn't "magnificent" defending. For what it's worth I think we're heading in the right direction, both defensively and offensively, but there's still big room for improvement. Certainly no room for complacency and self-congratulation.

I don't see Bristol City any better than Norwich or Cov but we shouldn't be complacent. We do need to expand our fitness to keep the tempo of our play a bit longer. Be good to see Eom and Ronald get amongst the goals

Is Vip slowly becoming another Yates/Mylo signing ?... let's hope not

I don't see Bristol City any better than Norwich or Cov but we shouldn't be complacent. We do need to expand our fitness to keep the tempo of our play a bit longer. Be good to see Eom and Ronald get amongst the goals

Is Vip slowly becoming another Yates/Mylo signing ?... let's hope not
Must have something about him if he's getting in then Slovenian squad.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back