• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Silverstein speaking to the fans

Neath_Jack said:
When they don't engage they are wrong, when they do engage, they are wrong.

Football fans eh :lol:

Reddit of all places though. That way lies almost literal lunacy.

Swansea93 said:
Your last sentance, he’s already confirmed In that thread that is something they won’t entertain as they don’t agree with that model.

Then this window will be replicated and every manager we ever have will be mightily pissed of and any decent talent spotter/deal maker will go elsewhere or just give up and be paid for nothing.

These are crap businessmen as well as managers. They will relegate or finish us.

exiledclaseboy said:

I don’t really know what Reddit is. Bad?

exiledclaseboy said:

Never used myself, have followed links to there once or twice that's all.

No different to him doing it on Twitter or Facebook i guess, same clientele everywhere these days.

PSumbler said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/swanseacity/comments/10smq5t/comment/j7bk3zq/

Talk about missing the point.

Only idiots care that they’re Americans and no one sensible will ‘only be happy’ when we are in the Premier League.

For me, he just doesn’t get it.

I will never respect them as they decided to buy the club without proper compensation or any regard for the supporters who’d dug deep to save the club from extinction. They did this with the support, maybe encouragement of a few locals who decided to enrich themselves at the expense of their fellow fans.
Since then, despite a few opportunities to at least partially rectify the situation, they have refused to do so, even since Silverstein has been on board, instead waiting and waiting, and prevaricating and prevaricating, and making offers and withdrawing offers and generally acting as though everyone from Swansea is a moron, until they to found a few naive souls who would accept a nonsensical frippery to make it all go away.

They do not run the club sustainably. Hence the need for cash flow support. It’s one thing (and I would disagree with it) making losses but seriously challenging for promotion, it’s the worst of all worlds to manage to make large losses while still having a team that has no real chance of success. We make stupid decisions. I’ve said on several occasions that I cannot understand loans being brought in for no reason. Wolf last season was a prime example. No chance of going up, yet chucking money away. There have been many such examples.

They seem to be dreadful at the business of football. Players get sold for less than they could be (Obafemi), players get bought for stupid money (Fisher), knee jerk decisions keep getting made (wanting to bring in a player on loan that would be our highest paid player at the last minute, in utter desperation to prevent what is happening now).

They keep wanting to interfere and think they ‘know’ soccer. (Levien - “I used to be an agent”). They have brought in stupid managerial appointments (Bradley) and stupid player decisions (those two American players last year).
Levien has been here for 12 windows, and yet they are talking as though this is their first one (it’s like this government pretending they’ve just got in). They’ve made silly decisions off the field as well (stadium ownership, naming rights, catering to name a few).

If they were American, in this division, and we were operating sustainably, with the football management being allowed to run the club, then great.
Being treated as a plaything that’s one of a series of playthings by people that want a hobby, not so much.

And for the love of God stop deflecting with nonsense that pretends people are most concerned with someone calling us English. You still have multi million pound loans outstanding, that attract a significant amount of interest, and have fixed and floating charges over everything at the club. Stop pretending you are doing this out of your love for the community you decided to cut out. You think we are idiots. Not all of us are.

Neath_Jack said:
Never used myself, have followed links to there once or twice that's all.

No different to him doing it on Twitter or Facebook i guess, same clientele everywhere these days.

Reddit is whatever you make of it but the general userbase is heavily left wing. Not saying it doesnt have pockets for right wing lunatics like everywhere on the internet, but on the whole it's full of trans kids and vegans. Despite that it's by far and away the best place on the internet

BLAZE said:
Reddit is whatever you make of it but the general userbase is heavily left wing. Not saying it doesnt have pockets for right wing lunatics like everywhere on the internet, but on the whole it's full of trans kids and vegans. Despite that it's by far and away the best place on the internet

Nothing against it mate, just never bothered with it. Looked in a few times and the lay out etc just screams absolute chaos to me.

Ye it takes a while to work out. Same reason I've never bothered with Twitter, i dont know who's replying to who

Londonlisa2001 said:
Talk about missing the point.

Only idiots care that they’re Americans and no one sensible will ‘only be happy’ when we are in the Premier League.

For me, he just doesn’t get it.

I will never respect them as they decided to buy the club without proper compensation or any regard for the supporters who’d dug deep to save the club from extinction. They did this with the support, maybe encouragement of a few locals who decided to enrich themselves at the expense of their fellow fans.
Since then, despite a few opportunities to at least partially rectify the situation, they have refused to do so, even since Silverstein has been on board, instead waiting and waiting, and prevaricating and prevaricating, and making offers and withdrawing offers and generally acting as though everyone from Swansea is a moron, until they to found a few naive souls who would accept a nonsensical frippery to make it all go away.

They do not run the club sustainably. Hence the need for cash flow support. It’s one thing (and I would disagree with it) making losses but seriously challenging for promotion, it’s the worst of all worlds to manage to make large losses while still having a team that has no real chance of success. We make stupid decisions. I’ve said on several occasions that I cannot understand loans being brought in for no reason. Wolf last season was a prime example. No chance of going up, yet chucking money away. There have been many such examples.

They seem to be dreadful at the business of football. Players get sold for less than they could be (Obafemi), players get bought for stupid money (Fisher), knee jerk decisions keep getting made (wanting to bring in a player on loan that would be our highest paid player at the last minute, in utter desperation to prevent what is happening now).

They keep wanting to interfere and think they ‘know’ soccer. (Levien - “I used to be an agent”). They have brought in stupid managerial appointments (Bradley) and stupid player decisions (those two American players last year).
Levien has been here for 12 windows, and yet they are talking as though this is their first one (it’s like this government pretending they’ve just got in). They’ve made silly decisions off the field as well (stadium ownership, naming rights, catering to name a few).

If they were American, in this division, and we were operating sustainably, with the football management being allowed to run the club, then great.
Being treated as a plaything that’s one of a series of playthings by people that want a hobby, not so much.

And for the love of God stop deflecting with nonsense that pretends people are most concerned with someone calling us English. You still have multi million pound loans outstanding, that attract a significant amount of interest, and have fixed and floating charges over everything at the club. Stop pretending you are doing this out of your love for the community you decided to cut out. You think we are idiots. Not all of us are.

That is a fantastic post, and has opened my eyes a bit more. I’ve been giving them too much credit on ‘sustainability’.

monmouth said:
That is a fantastic post, and has opened my eyes a bit more. I’ve been giving them too much credit on ‘sustainability’.

It's okay Lisa writing that about sustainability, but putting it into practice is another thing altogether. Show me a club of our size and set up, including geographical location, that is run sustainably. That is a genuine request, as I don't know if one even exists, or maybe there are loads that do.

The current owners are on the face of it, giving it their best shot to not ruin us.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back