• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

It’s not King. It’s for a young player but still early stages talking with his club so not a definite goer. One that’s likely to go until the very end of the transfer window. Ambitious move though
Thanks for clarifying, me just adding 2 + 2 and getting 5

This now looks like the real deal, after so many false dawns. A blast from the past, even.

Luke Williams seems to be best of breed. A blend of our best managers, with a welcome reintroduction of pacy wide play, control and go forward. He is clearly integral to this recruitment effort and the Board is backing him.

More of the same, a few more to shore up the spine and a sprinkling of stardust up top will do it.

This now looks like the real deal, after so many false dawns. A blast from the past, even.

Luke Williams seems to be best of breed. A blend of our best managers, with a welcome reintroduction of pacy wide play, control and go forward. He is clearly integral to this recruitment effort and the Board is backing him.

More of the same, a few more to shore up the spine and a sprinkling of stardust up top will do it.
*taps nose*

For me what has impressed me the most about our transfer work this summer is three things:

1. The quality of players. Vigouroux, Franco, Eom, Vipotnik, Bianchini and Abbey this summer and Ronald last January are all players of excellent calibre who wouldn't look out of place in any Championship squad.

2. The age of the players. Vigouroux aside (30 - still quite young for a keeper) every other player we have signed since January is in their low 20s at most. Plenty of room for development and growth and resale value which will help with the long term sustainability of the squad.

3. How quiet we have been. The club has in general done an incredible job in keeping transfer links quiet, reducing the possibility of "sniping" by other clubs with the public domain only really catching wind of transfers when they are in the final stages.

For me what has impressed me the most about our transfer work this summer is three things:

1. The quality of players. Vigouroux, Franco, Eom, Vipotnik, Bianchini and Abbey this summer and Ronald last January are all players of excellent calibre who wouldn't look out of place in any Championship squad.

2. The age of the players. Vigouroux aside (30 - still quite young for a keeper) every other player we have signed since January is in their low 20s at most. Plenty of room for development and growth and resale value which will help with the long term sustainability of the squad.

3. How quiet we have been. The club has in general done an incredible job in keeping transfer links quiet, reducing the possibility of "sniping" by other clubs with the public domain only really catching wind of transfers when they are in the final stages.

Some really good signings -reminds me of the days when Gonzo was at his peak in the transfer market.

I’d agree with all of that. Our outfield players

I’d agree with all of that. Our outfield signings all look good and predominantly permanent signings with good potential re-sale value. Although I still have some doubts about Vig (I don’t think he’ll be as safe as Rushworth) he still looks a player with good distribution and good with the ball at his feet, I do feel there will be moments that will have us reaching for the toilet roll this year!!

I’d agree with all of that. Our outfield players

I’d agree with all of that. Our outfield signings all look good and predominantly permanent signings with good potential re-sale value. Although I still have some doubts about Vig (I don’t think he’ll be as safe as Rushworth) he still looks a player with good distribution and good with the ball at his feet, I do feel there will be moments that will have us reaching for the toilet roll this year!!
Rushworth did that quite a few times - passed straight to opposition forwards - and made a few howlers. That was always overlooked and forgiven in the relief he wasn’t Fisho.

Rushworth did that quite a few times - passed straight to opposition forwards - and made a few howlers. That was always overlooked and forgiven in the relief he wasn’t Fisho.
Rushworth looked good because Fish was so bad....Rush into a hiding to nothing?

I agree Rushworth did a few howlers, but if course he is starting his career. I have doubts on Vig, early days I know but even with seeing his clips from his time at Orient, I don't think he is championship level.

More than happy if he proved me wrong.

I agree Rushworth did a few howlers, but if course he is starting his career. I have doubts on Vig, early days I know but even with seeing his clips from his time at Orient, I don't think he is championship level.

More than happy if he proved me wrong.
Didn't put a foot wrong again todY

Least of our problems

Need a replacement for Pato at a minimum.

Might also need a striker. Are we comfortable going with just Cullen and Vipotnik? One of them gets injured (or vip turns out to be shite) we’re down to the u21s or playing Ronald or Bianchini there?

Need a replacement for Pato at a minimum.

Might also need a striker. Are we comfortable going with just Cullen and Vipotnik? One of them gets injured (or vip turns out to be shite) we’re down to the u21s or playing Ronald or Bianchini there?
Clear as day with what we require
Goalkeeper
No 10/Winger
Striker

Would also look at moving one of Tjoe a on or Pedersen on.......likely be TAO considering he didn't make bench today.

I'd like us to address the Fulton situation, he literally offers nothing. He should not be near the squad, even yesterday I didn't see any element of effort. I would take a hit if need be as I think his presence is detrimental to the squad. I'd rather see a youngster in his place

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back