• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Glammy 2022 thread

4 wins from 8 is unheard of form from us!!!

Our record I think I've mentioned it before is 1 from 5 on average, so a marked improvement

Long may it continue. Great for Matthew Maynard and his team to see players getting wins.

dickythorpe said:

Our record I think I've mentioned it before is 1 from 5 on average, so a marked improvement

Long may it continue. Great for Matthew Maynard and his team to see players getting wins.

I’m not known for my memory functioning but I’m pretty sure we should have won 2 of the drawn games as well. We’re definitely improving, big game starting Monday against notts, beat them and I fancy us to go up. I fancy Lloyd to get a bigun soon, don’t say I didn’t tell you. Mayor of Fishguard kenny t for pm!

Ah! A trip down memory lane. A fact often missed is Kenny Twat used to turn his arm over for Hook 2nd XI in the Pembrokeshire league.
His off spin was said to have been atrocious and many of his deliveries ended up pitching in the Irish Sea.....but it's the taking part Tim that counts

The reemergence of this thread prompted me to dash to the BBC's cricket fixtures to see if Glamorgan were playing.

But instead I saw that tomorrow Western Storm are to play Central Sparks at the Seat Unique.

Suddenly I feel very old and out of touch.

tim_healings said:
dickythorpe said:

I’m not known for my memory functioning but I’m pretty sure we should have won 2 of the drawn games as well. We’re definitely improving, big game starting Monday against notts, beat them and I fancy us to go up. I fancy Lloyd to get a bigun soon, don’t say I didn’t tell you. Mayor of Fishguard kenny t for pm!

Especially Durham away. Needing 196 runs to win, Maynard decides to open with a No 9 and No 10 batsmen - Salter and Gorvin.

Durham hadn't taken 20 wickets in a match until they played us. Tremendous bowling from Potts, but we certainly didn't help in persisting in using Salter as an opening bat, and then promoting Gorvin up the batting order.

I think that's a competitive total. Time will tell of course, it would be an achievement to do the double over Notts who should really Nena division above......but it'll do us no harm to bloody their nose again after a great win up there at start of season.

dickythorpe said:
I think that's a competitive total. Time will tell of course, it would be an achievement to do the double over Notts who should really Nena division above......but it'll do us no harm to bloody their nose again after a great win up there at start of season.

Frustrating so many players got in, and then didn't go on to a big score.

Ingram is going to miss the last 5 weeks of the season. He's off to play 20 over cricket in the Caribbean.

Plus Neser is being called back before the season ends for the Australian Test camp.

TheLoneRanger said:
dickythorpe said:

Frustrating so many players got in, and then didn't go on to a big score.

Ingram is going to miss the last 5 weeks of the season. He's off to play 20 over cricket in the Caribbean.

Plus Neser is being called back before the season ends for the Australian Test camp.
How bloody frustrating for us Glammy fans

Wonderful cricket from us!!! Lloyd and Byron oystandin'
If we can set them 400 I think we'll get the "double" over them....and you'd have got long odds on that at start of season!!!🏏🏏🤞🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👍

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back