• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Glammy 2022 thread

exiledclaseboy said:
Swanjaxs said:
Next up its Ben Stokes and Durham...

Hopefully he'll be wrapped up in cotton wool ready for England duty 🙏

You see his innings the other day? 161 off 88 balls. 17 sixes. 34 off one over. In a four day game. I reckon he’s up for it. :lol:

Ive got a theory, I think Rob Key is an underrated gem.
He may not look it but when you listen to him when he's serious you realise what an intelligent man he is.
He has his fingers on the pulse of issues on and off the filed.
He's probably got the likes of Stokes switched on.

I really do think the penny has dropped for Stokes, he realises now what an influence he is.

England are needing a rethink and rebuild

Key and Stokes are steering the ship and I believe they'll come good.

exiledclaseboy said:
Swanjaxs said:
Next up its Ben Stokes and Durham...

Hopefully he'll be wrapped up in cotton wool ready for England duty 🙏

You see his innings the other day? 161 off 88 balls. 17 sixes. 34 off one over. In a four day game. I reckon he’s up for it. :lol:

When he got to 50 in about 3 balls I switched streams to watch, some of his sixes (especially straight) would have cleared two boundaries! He lost concentration and gave his wicket up, otherwise 200 off 110 balls would have been a cakewalk.
An absolute once in a generation all-rounder, and will only get better

dickythorpe said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Ive got a theory, I think Rob Key is an underrated gem.
He may not look it but when you listen to him when he's serious you realise what an intelligent man he is.
He has his fingers on the pulse of issues on and off the filed.
He's probably got the likes of Stokes switched on.

I really do think the penny has dropped for Stokes, he realises now what an influence he is.

England are needing a rethink and rebuild

Key and Stokes are steering the ship and I believe they'll come good.

I agree about Key and I think Stokes will become a cricket legend by the time his career is done. Time will tell on the rest. Hell of a tough summer coming up.

Only because we have all the newspapers in work am I using the Fail.

But it's an insightful interview.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-10790651/New-England-chief-Rob-Key-opens-Sportsmails-Nasser-Hussain-captain-Ben-Stokes.html

Have really lot track of Glammy. I had a season for 4 years when I was in Uni in 97. What an amazing side that was. Any signs of a decent progression in the new team ?

Sirjohnalot said:
Have really lot track of Glammy. I had a season for 4 years when I was in Uni in 97. What an amazing side that was. Any signs of a decent progression in the new team ?

An opening bat and decent spin bowler short of a more than competitive side, Northeast is a bit of quality we have been missing in the past, Neser and Hogan is a very good new ball attack at county level, godhelp us whe Hogan retires at the end of this season...

Sirjohnalot said:

The Aussie influence in the side is helping build a solid core that we have lacked.

Swanjaxs said:
Sirjohnalot said:

An opening bat and decent spin bowler short of a more than competitive side, Northeast is a bit of quality we have been missing in the past, Neser and Hogan is a very good new ball attack at county level, godhelp us whe Hogan retires at the end of this season...

They're waiting for Eddie Byrom to come back after an operation. He's the one Maynard wants to open with Lloyd.

Using Salter as a stop gap opener has been a failure, and maybe Marnus, Northeast or Billy Root would have been a better short term solution.

Lost interest in Glamorgan when they left St Helens , and I followed them from the days of Tony Lewis being the captain .

Appreciate Swansea Council would never invest in the ground , but the Welsh Assembly found money to update Cardiff as the home of the team , not Swansea ,

Robbie said:
Lost interest in Glamorgan when they left St Helens , and I followed them from the days of Tony Lewis being the captain .

Appreciate Swansea Council would never invest in the ground , but the Welsh Assembly found money to update Cardiff as the home of the team , not Swansea ,

It was a shame, but given Sophia Gardens has become another money pit for WG (like the Airport), it seems like Swansea Council actually made a correct decision in not spending the money!

JackSomething said:
Robbie said:

It was a shame, but given Sophia Gardens has become another money pit for WG (like the Airport), it seems like Swansea Council actually made a correct decision in not spending the money!
Looks like all the money in cricket nowadays is tied up in Test /One day stuff .

Have not been to a days cricket for a while but it seems the spectators for the 4 day matches are few and far between . Must be a challenge to finance the marquee overseas signings on big money .

Agree about St. Helens , it did need a big spend done on it though .

Great effort by the middle and tail and then to get Durham 2 down at close of play.
Could do well here. 🤞

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back