• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Williams out

We have 12 points from the first 10 games, which is the same number we had at this stage last season under the much derided Duff, who most people said didn't know what he was doing.

I've seen plenty of people say "we're 13th in the league" but we're only 5 points above the bottom of the table (and 6 points outside the playoff positions).

There's surely no doubt that Williams needs to be doing better, no other team has scored fewer goals than us. He has to work out a different way of playing so we don't get dragged into the scramble at the bottom. Unfortunately, there's only so many times you can circle the drain before you get flushed

An absolutely mental thread to start.

Coleman and Watson have given him absolutely nothing to work with in attacking areas. Vipotnik makes Jerry Yates look like Bergkamp, Cullen would barely cut it in League One, Ronald, Eom, Abdullai and Bianchini are woefully sub-standard wingers, the pool of attackers is absolute shite. One of the worst in the league.

We're 13th and overachieving.

Grow up FFS.
Yeah, I think he is overachieving. We’ve got weaker year on year. We’re actually controlling games a lot better than we were last season, but don’t have players of any quality in the final third.

I’m not overly happy but if we’d won today we’d be 9th so we can’t be that far off it and we do have some deluded fans there’s no doubt about it.
It's also clear that Williams has improved this side from where we were with Duff. We were leaking goals and had no discernable style at all under him. We're much better defensively so far this season, and as useless as we've been with the ball, at least you can point to the possession style and say 'I see what Luke's trying here'.

I don't think Luke is a particularly exceptional manager, I think he's pretty average by and large, actually, but he does at least understand the club and he's capable enough to move us forward if the squad improved.

His two things that genuinely irk me:

- Crap subs. Same every week, like for like replacements with no formation change. Abdulai on the wing is still hilariously useless, but Luke will try until his dying days to pull it off, God bless him.

- Lack of youth. We've so little going forward right now, give Kyrell Wilson a game? Give Govea a game, Parker a game (I appreciate these have been injured until recently, but still). It's the same 13 players that line-up or come off the bench every week, goodness me it's annoying.

Still have us down for a 10-12th place finish this season, marginally higher if Vipotnik starts firing, marginally lower if Ronald and Cullen stay out of form.

Yeah, I think he is overachieving. We’ve got weaker year on year. We’re actually controlling games a lot better than we were last season, but don’t have players of any quality in the final third.
Depressingly, it's a bit like a slower version of our decline in the Prem. The quality of the squad drops every season.

Depressingly, it's a bit like a slower version of our decline in the Prem. The quality of the squad drops every season.
Yeah, it’s depressing stuff. It feels like death by a thousand cuts at times. Throw in a Dan or Celina and an Ayew or a Piroe into this team and we’d be turning losses into draws and draws into wins.

Getting the ball in to the opposition's penalty box quicker than we are would help massively.

Too much playing out from the back which puts us under pressure and forces our midfield to drop deep and support. This allows the opposition to pin us in with very little up top.

A risky ball over the top now and again would do us wonders.

You've nailed it.

Just like in the Prem, it has happened gradually. Players are replaced with inferior replacements. The squad is gradually run down, not too much at once for it to be noticeable immediately, but over the course of 3, 4, 5 years it's absolutely undeniable.

It's what owners like ours do in some of their other business ventures - they buy into a reasonably stable company, then they cut costs, start cutting corners, diminish the product until customers catch on and start drifting away, then they either sell it on before it goes completely tits up, or if they can't get rid in time they plonk it in administration.

There's no point spending millions every year on the U23s and other age grades if we never give them a chance to shine. We have wasted millions this summer on utter crap unproven players from elsewhere.

If we’re overachieving, or even achieving, I’ve no idea what those words mean now. We’re really tedious and joyless that much I do know.

Too early for a ‘Williams out’ chant.

However, our recruitment has been poor, and not for the first time. £2m for Bianchini seems like a disaster, and if we did spend £6m in the window then that clown (Watson) hasn’t spent it wisely.

As for Williams, he isn’t learning and his tunnel vision approach to tactics and formation says more about him than anyone else. Who does he have around him to help him develop plan B?

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back