• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

21/22 League Cup: The Official Brighton & Hove Albion vs Swansea City Match Thread

Vetchonian said:
monmouth said:
Is Williams being played out of position? I’ve thought he’s looked weak as water every time I’ve seen him so far, even when he has been said to play well.
FOr some strange reson Williams is playing on teh right side of the defence whilst MArtin usually starts him on the left which is where he played for Liverpool last season ...and Cabango who is more right sided and usually plays on the RHS od the defence started on the left ....doesnt make sense to me but then what would I know!

Had we won we might have been calling him a tactical genius.
As it is he seems like a really nice guy, who likes his sides to try and play good attacking football (and to be honest when did Swans ever create as many golden opportunities against decent opposition under Cooper ).
I just hope we can start converting those chances into goals on a regular basis

STID2017 said:
Vetchonian said:
FOr some strange reson Williams is playing on teh right side of the defence whilst MArtin usually starts him on the left which is where he played for Liverpool last season ...and Cabango who is more right sided and usually plays on the RHS od the defence started on the left ....doesnt make sense to me but then what would I know!

As it is he seems like a really nice guy, who likes his sides to try and play good attacking football (and to be honest when did Swans ever create as many golden opportunities against decent opposition under Cooper ).
YOu need to take a look at what the MKDOns fans say about him on thier forum...I know they have a sour taste just as we did when ROberto jumped ship but its mighty interesting reading....

Vetchonian said:
STID2017 said:
YOu need to take a look at what the MKDOns fans say about him on thier forum...I know they have a sour taste just as we did when ROberto jumped ship but its mighty interesting reading....
I read all that when he joined.
I thought at the time it was just sour grapes.
Doubts slowly creeping in, but trying to be positive

STID2017 said:
Vetchonian said:

Im really hoping he succeeds but having recently read those postings and the remarkable coincidences with our seasons start I am concerned.
We are top of the league for possesion yet opposition sides we have played have hurt us with goals,and we havent really troubled them with shots

Sounds as though the same is what we are seeing here now

STID2017 said:
Vetchonian said:

I've been wondering for a while whether wool has been pulled over quite a lot of eyes. We're not hearing anything from him other than 'be patient, it's a process'. A process to what though - we look a recipe for disaster at the moment. Porous at the back and toothless upfront. And although we managed 3 against Luton, that's only another point.

I'm trying to remain positive, but struggling tbh. Piroe might be our saviour, as there's probably enough goals in him to keep us safe. Without him I reckon we'd be screwed.

The thing is, we are creating a lot of chances now. We created more than a very good Brighton side. It’s just about chance conversion.

You can’t blame Russ for players missing absolute sitters like we did on Wednesday night.

Good grief.

For two years we had a lucky fraud managing us. We might indeed now have an unlucky one, but let’s wait and see eh? That’s two matches we should have won after being well behind. It’s Margetson I’d like back I think.

monmouth said:
Good grief.

For two years we had a lucky fraud managing us. We might indeed now have an unlucky one, but let’s wait and see eh? That’s two matches we should have won after being well behind. It’s Margetson I’d like back I think.

What does this have to do with Cooper?
Get a grip
This discussion is about Martin, what his previous teams fans are saying...it points to what those who have raised concerns about him are consistent with his past...

Cooper will no doubt be judged in the same way by the Forest fans who will visit our boards and see the comments.. and in time all fans will be able to look back and see if history is repeating itself, which fraud is the real deal if at all

And yes we coulod do with Margetson back....but I doubt MArtin and He would agree

Bob Bradley taught Wayne how to pass a ball in training with the instep of his foot because he had seen him use the outside of his foot. I watched the video.

The one thing I will give Martin is his comments on Cooper who is in my view one of our prime players, along with Naughton, to execute RM's plan.

I have to say RM is a very good man manager.

That compliment also goes for Steve Cooper.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Niigata Jack said:
Just watched highlights, Williams looked all over the place for their 2nd, unfortunately they never showed our chances.

I’ve just seen our chances. Wouldn’t bother looking for them unless you want to break something. Inexcusable.
Wins a win all round 👏

Swanjaxs said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
I’ve just seen our chances. Wouldn’t bother looking for them unless you want to break something. Inexcusable.
Wins a win all round 👏

How did you manage to get in this thread? :lol: :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back