• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

22/23 The Official League Cup Oxford v Swansea Match Thread

Who will progress in the League Cup

• Oxford

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Swansea

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uxy said:
A4Jack said:
Agreed. He's big and supposedly quick but why on earth a defender would sign for us under this manager baffles me. They're completely and utterly thrown under the bus.

And if we try and loan a defender I'm sure the parent club would point to Rhys Williams and Finley Burns for success rate.

Agreed on all counts. Had some interesting discussions lately about Darling appreciating in value to be the next Downes. I'm not sure how any defender looks good in the circumstances we put them in.

Not sure whether last season will put teams off loaning us players. Money tends to talk, but so do people in the football industry,.

Yea that I agree with.

I can’t see clubs wanting to lend us players personally.

Risc said:
Uxy said:
Literally what he tried to do. Much to everyone's surprise, an opposition striker spotted a 40 yards lateral backpass and closed it down ...

99/100 keepers are clearing that easily, simple as that.

He was a Championship regular last year. Clearly not a duffer. 99 out of 100 wouldn't face that backpass.

Uxy said:
Risc said:
99/100 keepers are clearing that easily, simple as that.

He was a Championship regular last year. Clearly not a duffer. 99 out of 100 wouldn't face that backpass.

No I’m not saying that he’s a duffer but the managers we’ve had down the years who likes their keepers to be able play, wouldn’t have had him anywhere near the side, he’s so uncomfortable on the ball it’s ridiculous.

All keepers get bad back passes, granted our lads more than most but that was a straight forward clearance.

Uxy said:
A4Jack said:
Agreed. He's big and supposedly quick but why on earth a defender would sign for us under this manager baffles me. They're completely and utterly thrown under the bus.

And if we try and loan a defender I'm sure the parent club would point to Rhys Williams and Finley Burns for success rate.

Agreed on all counts. Had some interesting discussions lately about Darling appreciating in value to be the next Downes. I'm not sure how any defender looks good in the circumstances we put them in.

Not sure whether last season will put teams off loaning us players. Money tends to talk, but so do people in the football industry,.

Again can't argue. The days of signing the Brewsters, Gallaghers, Guehis of the world are long gone. Although financially that might not be a bad thing.

Darling's only hope is that he scores 8 or more goals to stand out if the current manager remains. And that's a big if.

Hmm. Not great comments from Martin afterwards.

Uxy said:
He doesn't help himself, does he.

Winning a game against Oxford reserves at a canter, earning some much-needed respite, and he decides to roll the dice.

I am a bit worried he's oblivious to just how close he is to losing the crowd and, once it happens, it doesn't come back. It might for a bit, but it'll always be there once he does, just waiting for a defeat or two.

He's so up himself, I doubt he has any idea of the shitstorm building. It will take him totally by surprise. Lose to Blackpool and start poorly against Luton and he'll be finding out.

monmouth said:
Uxy said:
He doesn't help himself, does he.

Winning a game against Oxford reserves at a canter, earning some much-needed respite, and he decides to roll the dice.

I am a bit worried he's oblivious to just how close he is to losing the crowd and, once it happens, it doesn't come back. It might for a bit, but it'll always be there once he does, just waiting for a defeat or two.

He's so up himself, I doubt he has any idea of the shitstorm building. It will take him totally by surprise. Lose to Blackpool and start poorly against Luton and he'll be finding out.

If Blackpool and Millwall goes badly, Luton has all the characteristics of being an absolute tinderkeg.

Those post-match comments are just bad management. No decent manager slags off their team like that.

A4Jack said:
Risc said:
Hmm. Not great comments from Martin afterwards.

Where are they mate

https://twitter.com/ianmitchelmore/status/1557121871870664704?s=21&t=IHD24Xeu0SPzz00AzonuhQ

Blames the players. Monk style.

Risc said:
Uxy said:

No I’m not saying that he’s a duffer but the managers we’ve had down the years who likes their keepers to be able play, wouldn’t have had him anywhere near the side, he’s so uncomfortable on the ball it’s ridiculous.

All keepers get bad back passes, granted our lads more than most but that was a straight forward clearance.

I disagree to be honest. Asking for trouble, and we got it. You won't see that at pretty much any other club.

Looking at the broader picture, this really could unravel from here. Pride comes before a fall and RM seems oblivious to the mood.

Uxy said:
monmouth said:

If Blackpool and Millwall goes badly, Luton has all the characteristics of being an absolute tinderkeg.

Those post-match comments are just bad management. No decent manager slags off their team like that.

Oh God, I'd forgotten we had Milwall first. He won't need to wait for Nathan Jones to laugh at him.

He blames the result in everything going wrong after the substitutions.

No comment about he made the decision to totally affect the rhythm with wholesale changes

Edit

You do those changes in friendlies not in a game that could bring some well needed revenue in the next round.

Being professional for 90+ minutes

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Risc said:
https://twitter.com/ianmitchelmore/status/1557121871870664704?s=21&t=IHD24Xeu0SPzz00AzonuhQ

Blames the players. Monk style.

What a w****r

He's now blamed players in all 3 games this season

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back