• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

22/23 The Official League Cup Oxford v Swansea Match Thread

Who will progress in the League Cup

• Oxford

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Swansea

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Itchysphincter said:
Martin is proving to be clueless to be fair, probably just as well to lose this, no point papering over the cracks. I haven’t seen the Benda clanger yet but it sounded like Wood the dud sold him short.

Wasn’t best of back passes but it’s still a complete howler by Benda, he makes one per game, two in some. Just need to check the highlights of the swans v Brentford friendly from last season

Skippyjack said:
What's his post match spiel going to be, something something process, stick with the process

The game was won, so I decided to give players some game time. Another mistake, and a deflection but apart from that we dominated. Penalties are a lottery. So not downbeat as it was good to see fringe players in action.. We'll bounce back against Blackpool.

Or words to that affect.

We had a very young squad out there tonight and fringe players having their first minutes of the season, we had Ben back after a lengthy spell out so we wasn’t at our best, the boys need to learn very quickly, we’ll assess the game at Fairwood watch the clips with analysts and we’ll move on to Blackpool.

Risc said:
Itchysphincter said:
Martin is proving to be clueless to be fair, probably just as well to lose this, no point papering over the cracks. I haven’t seen the Benda clanger yet but it sounded like Wood the dud sold him short.

Wasn’t best of back passes but it’s still a complete howler by Benda, he makes one per game, two in some. Just need to check the highlights of the swans v Brentford friendly from last season

Wasn't the best? It's utterly ridiculous. Who on earth plays a backpass from the touchline to the centre of the penalty box? Absolutely asking for trouble.

Benda could have done better but he was put in a position no goalie should ever be put in. He had to gamble with no time to think either way.

The reality is that Oxford made more changes than us.

We were playing their reserve team.

Uxy said:
Risc said:

Wasn't the best? It's utterly ridiculous. Who on earth plays a backpass from the touchline to the centre of the penalty box? Absolutely asking for trouble.

Benda could have done better but he was put in a position no goalie should ever be put in. He had to gamble with no time to think either way.

Not that I'm sticking up for Nathan Wood because nothing I've seen so far convinces me, but there's clearly a significant amount of coaching and instructions to do that type of thing rather than clear the danger. It's asking for trouble. The players are petrified to hoof the ball.

Londonlisa2001 said:
The reality is that Oxford made more changes than us.

We were playing their reserve team.

But, but Cullen, O.Cooper, Congreve and Benda are going to make us millions mun.. it's their level unfortunately, young and need a loan back to League Two.. Cullen is apparently on 6k a week, wtf is going on down there, ship them off mun, we want to remain in the Championship

Uxy said:
Risc said:

Gamble with no time 😂😂 he just had to clear it up field the guy is a walking disaster every time the ball is near his feet.

A4Jack said:
Uxy said:

Not that I'm sticking up for Nathan Wood because nothing I've seen so far convinces me, but there's clearly a significant amount of coaching and instructions to do that type of thing rather than clear the danger. It's asking for trouble. The players are petrified to hoof the ball.

I'm equally not dismissing Wood off that one either. I agree, he was clearly operating under orders, as we saw last season.

Wood seems to have some good attributes, but I'm not sure he's a starter just yet.

Risc said:
Uxy said:

Gamble with no time 😂😂 he just had to clear it up field the guy is a walking disaster every time the ball is near his feet.

Literally what he tried to do. Much to everyone's surprise, an opposition striker spotted a 40 yards lateral backpass and closed it down ...

Risc said:
Uxy said:

I know, it wasn't the best back passes, but any competent keeper would've cleared it

Uxy said:
A4Jack said:

I'm equally not dismissing Wood off that one either. I agree, he was clearly operating under orders, as we saw last season.

Wood seems to have some good attributes, but I'm not sure he's a starter just yet.

Agreed. He's big and supposedly quick but why on earth a defender would sign for us under this manager baffles me. They're completely and utterly thrown under the bus.

And if we try and loan a defender I'm sure the parent club would point to Rhys Williams and Finley Burns for success rate.

Uxy said:
Risc said:

Literally what he tried to do. Much to everyone's surprise, an opposition striker spotted a 40 yards lateral backpass and closed it down ...

99/100 keepers are clearing that easily, simple as that.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/highlights-swansea-city-xi-v-brentford-b

50 seconds in.

2:18 in.

Disaster

A4Jack said:
Uxy said:

Agreed. He's big and supposedly quick but why on earth a defender would sign for us under this manager baffles me. They're completely and utterly thrown under the bus.

And if we try and loan a defender I'm sure the parent club would point to Rhys Williams and Finley Burns for success rate.

Agreed on all counts. Had some interesting discussions lately about Darling appreciating in value to be the next Downes. I'm not sure how any defender looks good in the circumstances we put them in.

Not sure whether last season will put teams off loaning us players. Money tends to talk, but so do people in the football industry,.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back