• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

21/22 League Cup: The Official Brighton & Hove Albion vs Swansea City Match Thread

its not an exaggeration but we should be 5 up at least

we have literally gifted them 2 goals, and gifted them our 5 sitter misses

I’ll be interested to know what the people there made of it all. We need to start putting easy chances away, we’ve missed so many.

Playing players in the right positions would be a start.

Richard said:

Just watched highlights, Williams looked all over the place for their 2nd, unfortunately they never showed our chances.

Niigata Jack said:
Richard said:

Just watched highlights, Williams looked all over the place for their 2nd, unfortunately they never showed our chances.

I’ve just seen our chances. Wouldn’t bother looking for them unless you want to break something. Inexcusable.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Niigata Jack said:

I’ve just seen our chances. Wouldn’t bother looking for them unless you want to break something. Inexcusable.

Some quite spectacular misses at the end from Cullen and Smith! https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12414710/brighton-2-0-swansea

Sounds like we played okay overall though, nothing to be too concerned about.

Had plenty of chances to win it. Couldn't understand why Piroe didn't come on at half time for Cullen.
Generally play like that against most at our level ( apart from giving away two soft goals) and we will do okay.
Excellent support too

Cooper, Cabango, Williams making mistakes and a few in midfield. Could have won the game but again we look like we will throw away games through mistakes. I was quite happy with Bidwell, Whittaker and Cullen and at times Smith. Confidence is going to be a problem soon as we are looking very shaky when pressed. The moment Cabango tried to play it out is exactly how teams nick a goal. He had very few options and tried to tee it up, over hit it and got sacked. Should just belt it to Whittaker asap. Come on Martin get the drill sorted, some players can do it, others should not.

I know it is the way but too many changes for me.
We need a settled side.
Next round could have been a potential money spinner against one of the big teams
Definitely chance missed and also chance to build momentum after Saturday 2nd half
Overall better performance and result than I expected when I saw the team

monmouth said:
eteb said:
done ok.

Missed two sitters early doors.

Rhys Williams just isnt very good.

Cullen waste of a shirt as he has been in the 30 odd games hes played for us so no surprise.

Not really troubled but given away two goals again

Is Williams being played out of position? I’ve thought he’s looked weak as water every time I’ve seen him so far, even when he has been said to play well.
FOr some strange reson Williams is playing on teh right side of the defence whilst MArtin usually starts him on the left which is where he played for Liverpool last season ...and Cabango who is more right sided and usually plays on the RHS od the defence started on the left ....doesnt make sense to me but then what would I know!

Vetchonian said:
monmouth said:
Is Williams being played out of position? I’ve thought he’s looked weak as water every time I’ve seen him so far, even when he has been said to play well.
FOr some strange reson Williams is playing on teh right side of the defence whilst MArtin usually starts him on the left which is where he played for Liverpool last season ...and Cabango who is more right sided and usually plays on the RHS od the defence started on the left ....doesnt make sense to me but then what would I know!

Had we won we might have been calling him a tactical genius.
As it is he seems like a really nice guy, who likes his sides to try and play good attacking football (and to be honest when did Swans ever create as many golden opportunities against decent opposition under Cooper ).
I just hope we can start converting those chances into goals on a regular basis

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back