• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

21/22 The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread

Despite the score I’ve enjoyed the game, some very good football from both sides.

Laird was static up right when the ball is passed to him. Intercepted and third Fulham goal with sharp counter attack. All credit to them, worked us out easily
Our defence is virtually non existent.

karnataka said:
JoshTheJack said:
Where the f**k was Bidwell and why didn't Manning go tighter earlier?

I think Bidwell is playing to instructions and it would appear that those instructions do not include defending. Same with Laird because he was never marking Kebano either. They're both playing as wingers, not wingbacks and it's clearly not working.
Spot on I don’t think Laird or Bidwell have set foot in our half. Fulham look good mind but made it far too easy defensively

People are wondering why Cabango was dropped by Wales, well apart from being very slow, can’t pass the ball to our players he’s also just not good enough.

On the plus side, there's a few more goals in this and before we shot ourselves in the foot at the end there we were starting to take a bit of control. Hopefully we can wise up.

jacabertawe said:
Laird was static up right when the ball is passed to him. Intercepted and third Fulham goal with sharp counter attack. All credit to them, worked us out easily

Our defence had been playing 3 against 5 for the entire half, and Downes would occasionally cover a few times, don't aske where Captain fantastic was that half, maybe he's having a paddy because we didn't sell him

A4Jack said:
eteb said:
theres not a defender in this league who can mon, hes superb

I agree he's quality but he doesn't get hat tricks often, second time in his Fulham career and he's done it in 35 minutes...

It has rather gone his way though. Offside, a mishit and a third where the ball should have been kept until half time. All three eminently preventable. It’s that kind of night where he could get 5. Don’t be surprised to see a keeper punt, off the space station, off his arse and in.

monmouth said:
Nocountryforoldjack said:
Wrong players in wrong positions... Naughton getting on a bit now too... New CB in January please.

We could have given Cooper a run I suppose or Cabango in the centre. Naughts did used to be a right back after all. Remember we have Bennett too, even if he has turned to s**t. I don’t think we’ll be restocking there until there is movement out.

Fair point but I think we'll have if we want to push for top of the table.

Skippyjack said:
jacabertawe said:

Our defence had been playing 3 against 5 for the entire half, and Downes would occasionally cover a few times, don't aske where Captain fantastic was that half, maybe he's having a paddy because we didn't sell him

I really wish we had. And Biddy.

eteb said:
JoshTheJack said:
It's why i didn't comment on the Cardiff and Blackburn thread. :lol:

why?

score aside we've been ok.

Individual mistakes costing us again

We've not been ok, our defence is shyte. What game you watching?

Cardiff played 5 centre backs last night, we've only got one tonight, and he's been taken to the cleaners.

karnataka said:
JoshTheJack said:
Where the f**k was Bidwell and why didn't Manning go tighter earlier?

I think Bidwell is playing to instructions and it would appear that those instructions do not include defending. Same with Laird because he was never marking Kebano either. They're both playing as wingers, not wingbacks and it's clearly not working.

I've only got it on the radio, but it sounds like Martin is hanging our defenders out to dry here the stupid twot. Fulham are very good, but let's not make it easier for them and kill people's confidence in the process.

3-4 times weve been caught with just 3 at the back, and theyve played it out wide to the right. and scored twice......never learn!

With defending like this Mitrovic will fancy a hat trick in the 2nd half as well.

Allergic2Hoof said:
On the plus side, there's a few more goals in this and before we shot ourselves in the foot at the end there we were starting to take a bit of control. Hopefully we can wise up.

Does wising up mean we keep playing with 2 fullbacks as wingers and another 2 fullbacks in centre defence?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back