• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Grimes

Well I can assure you I know what I'm talking about.
I don't get how I can't point to previous periods of success before Martinez and get told I'm not supposed to. Whereas you can take now and point to previous periods of success under RM but that's okay. Your argument is a contradiction.
The bizarre thing is, by reading your previous posts, we seem to be on the same wavelength. The problem is all about this bloody swanseaway moniker that hangs over the club.

There's no contradiction in my post, it's just that you don't seem to understand it properly. I'm not explaining it again, suffice to say plenty of others seem to get what I'm saying, so it can't be that difficult. I'll leave it at that.

There's no contradiction in my post, it's just that you don't seem to understand it properly. I'm not explaining it again, suffice to say plenty of others seem to get what I'm saying, so it can't be that difficult. I'll leave it at that.
I understand what you're saying full well. And, seeing as you want to be a funny fucker, I think you're talking shite. I'll leave it at that.

NeathoM8, with respect you’re coming at this from the wrong place - try looking at it not from your perspective but from the Club’s, the players who have been a part of it time immemorial, the new players who came here to be a part of it, recognising it’s lure.

Look at the Alignment Programme the Club is currently implementing - alignment to the Swanseaway and everything that means, with our clear footballing identity at its core.

It’s most certainly in our dna. And it’s now in the process of being reinvigorated. Enjoy.
I've got no problem with playing this so called Swanseaway. My issue is that Luke Williams is not doing it properly. We never saw Leon, Ferrie, Joey etc etc etc playing as a third CB in essence. We kept possession but always looked forward. That is not what is happening. Nice triangles that moved you forward. Our triangles move us 5 yards forwards then 10 yards back. You can't disagree surely that with the amount of possession our attempts on goal is absolutely shocking ? That is why I'm sucked off with it.

I've got no problem with playing this so called Swanseaway. My issue is that Luke Williams is not doing it properly. We never saw Leon, Ferrie, Joey etc etc etc playing as a third CB in essence. We kept possession but always looked forward. That is not what is happening. Nice triangles that moved you forward. Our triangles move us 5 yards forwards then 10 yards back. You can't disagree surely that with the amount of possession our attempts on goal is absolutely shocking ? That is why I'm sucked off with it.
No end product mate, simple as that.

You’re right re our managers aren’t doing it properly but at least the Club recognises the blueprint and is doing loads to reinvigorate it.

It’s worse than a pity Martin wasted two years pretending to get it whilst mugging off some of our very twpest fanbois and pretend ‘journalist’s’ to this day. Williams is showing glimpses in both directions but at least he’s not a proper slimeball.

And back to Matty - pretty much our last remaining thread to our Swanseaway, our corporate glue. Without him all our best laid plans to reinvigorate our Swanseway could be fucked.
Matty should be melted down for glue.

Nocunty, you can’t possible mean that. Poor form.

Our captain, our talisman, our ever-present reminder of our brand, our unique competitive Swanseaway Edge.

And our only elite level player with England International heritage. With all the latent talents to be celebrated as ‘the next Glen Hoddle’ according to many subject matter experts.
Fuck off you smackhead

Is that the Bolton who flunked their big day out at the play-off final with 65% possession? They were well and truly worked out before a ball had even been kicked.
Evatt took a Bolton side in administration from near the foot of league two to automatic promotion and has had them achieving play-off places in two consecutive seasons plus the Papa John's trophy. Possession football doesn't guarantee success in any individual game but in the long term the likelihood is that it will help to outperform the competition. There are too many examples of successful possession-led sides outside the Premier league to deny the advantages of this approach.

In the Premier League things are a bit more complex. However it's no coincidence that overachievers such as Brighton play to that philosophy. At the bottom possession-led philosophies are no longer a guarantee of survival as Burnley found. The main reason for that I would suggest is the huge gap in player quality between newly promoted sides and established teams. To survive now you have to spend ridiculous amounts to even have a chance. Even then Forest only just stayed up. Ipswich may just manage it for the same reason.

I've watched the Swans since 1974 and, like lots of people on here, been to hundreds of away gounds many of which no longer exist.

I don't subscribe to this DNA bollocks. It's what corporations say as management speak or, in other words, it's bullshit.

The best periods in the last 50 years were when we had:
1. Competent and driven managers
2. Leaders on the pitch (eg Robbie, Ash, Tosh, Roger, Chopper, Roberto, Leon)
3. Decent team players - experienced and proven.

We fail all 3 of these at moment. We didn't walz into the old Division 1 or the Premier League with a bunch of "could be's".

Evatt took a Bolton side in administration from near the foot of league two to automatic promotion and has had them achieving play-off places in two consecutive seasons plus the Papa John's trophy. Possession football doesn't guarantee success in any individual game but in the long term the likelihood is that it will help to outperform the competition. There are too many examples of successful possession-led sides outside the Premier league to deny the advantages of this approach.

In the Premier League things are a bit more complex. However it's no coincidence that overachievers such as Brighton play to that philosophy. At the bottom possession-led philosophies are no longer a guarantee of survival as Burnley found. The main reason for that I would suggest is the huge gap in player quality between newly promoted sides and established teams. To survive now you have to spend ridiculous amounts to even have a chance. Even then Forest only just stayed up. Ipswich may just manage it for the same reason.
Here is Bolton again. Yesterday.

Franco took the plaudits for his first half performance and rightly so, superb footballer and will be a huge asset for us but Grimesy second half when everyone was toting around him, quality again.

The hate that one DrWinston or whatever his name is gives him is nothing short of strange, and to be honest, bordering on obsessive. Weird.

Franco took the plaudits for his first half performance and rightly so, superb footballer and will be a huge asset for us but Grimesy second half when everyone was toting around him, quality again.

The hate that one DrWinston or whatever his name is gives him is nothing short of strange, and to be honest, bordering on obsessive. Weird.
Matt Grimes was outstanding yesterday.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back