• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our Next Manager

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 308
  • Views: Views 28,757
Swanjaxs said:
Tottenham knocked an approach back last week so there never has been a deal ...

Shirley if he wanted to come, thers fck all Spurs can do to stop him. Unless Levi has a photo of him with a goat.

Swanjaxs said:
Tottenham knocked an approach back last week so there never has been a deal ...

You’re naive if you think that’s how it works.

Discussions with Davies and his agent will have been happening - well, I know they have been because we’ve agreed terms with him.

Magic_Michu said:

Discussions with Davies and his agent will have been happening - well, I know they have been because we’ve agreed terms with him.

Wouldn't the next step be, if we can't get a breakthrough with Spurs then Davies just resigns and then accepts the job?

I know we are then taking a chance on what the compo would be but if we want him that badly.

magicdaps10 said:
Wouldn't the next step be, if we can't get a breakthrough with Spurs then Davies just resigns and then accepts the job?

I know we are then taking a chance on what the compo would be but if we want him that badly.

If it was that easy though surely everyone would be doing it when a better offer comes in? It would be breach of contract I assume.

I find it very odd we are struggling to make a breakthrough in compo discussions for an assistant manager to be honest, surely this is sorted by the end of the week....

Lampeterjack said:
If it was that easy though surely everyone would be doing it when a better offer comes in? It would be breach of contract I assume.

I find it very odd we are struggling to make a breakthrough in compo discussions for an assistant manager to be honest, surely this is sorted by the end of the week....

If it was any one but Daniel Levy it would probably have been sorted, he's notoriously difficult to deal with by all accounts. Myself I doubted it was a done deal until I saw him holding a swans shirt.

magicdaps10 said:

This is a possibility I guess but it would take too long. He wouldn't be able to just resign and then start tomorrow. There will be some non compete clauses in his contract as well as a long notice period possibly 6 months + and possibly financial implications that protects the club from things like this from happening.

SwansInTheLake said:
This is a possibility I guess but it would take too long. He wouldn't be able to just resign and then start tomorrow. There will be some non compete clauses in his contract as well as a long notice period possibly 6 months + and possibly financial implications that protects the club from things like this from happening.

If this is the case then how come Wussell Fartin is in Southampon's dug out? Aren't we wating for compo to be agreed?

I don't really understand the process behind sacking your manager, and then telling the press through back channels that you're interested in a coach at a Club run by the most aggressive negotiator in British football. Spurs must be licking their lips and taking our hierarchy for a ride, I bet they couldn't believe their luck. Surely there must be a plan to make a move for other managers if Davies doesn't come off, otherwise what's the point in sacking Duff when we had a run of two games against the worst sides in the League?!

Magic_Michu said:

How isn't he our manager already then? Or am I just being naive...

Lampeterjack said:

Of course it's breach of contract but it does happen.
A bit like when we have to wait for Spurs to agree to our approach to speak with Davies, we all know how that one goes.

magicdaps10 said:
Of course it's breach of contract but it does happen.
A bit like when we have to wait for Spurs to agree to our approach to speak with Davies, we all know how that one goes.

He's not our manager because we haven't reached an agreement with Spurs yet, which we will, Spurs won't keep a coach who wants to move on and progress.

A deal is in place with Davies, but not with Spurs yet... It could end up becoming like us and Southampton with Martin... a deal still isn't in place there.

French Jack said:
If this is the case then how come Wussell Fartin is in Southampon's dug out? Aren't we wating for compo to be agreed?

The club agreed to let Martin join Southampton and sort out the compensation at a later date, meaning we could put it to bed and start our own managerial search. Otherwise we'd have had another Cooper situation where we are again looking for a new manager with 2 weeks left until the season starts.

Magic_Michu said:
He's not our manager because we haven't reached an agreement with Spurs yet, which we will, Spurs won't keep a coach who wants to move on and progress.

A deal is in place with Davies, but not with Spurs yet... It could end up becoming like us and Southampton with Martin... a deal still isn't in place there.

Yeah if that is the case.
It could be mutual with all sorted, mutual with things in process or he could just walk and then take the job.

If he has agreed on it and he wants to come then surely Spurs can't be too funny as they could end up with a disgruntled coach.

We just have to wait but there again this is Swansea 😬

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back