• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Poll: Happy with the way things are going?

I think a lot of are consistent with seeing that Martin has clear and obvious favourites. It is also clear that he would rather play his favourites out of position than give some of the talent a run.
There are been less of the suicidal play at the back recently which is probably why we have lost less games. We were very unlucky against Norwich and we held our own against Burnley so have the ability within the squad to do much better and that has to be a consistency thing. Who is that ultimately down to? The manager.

Keep it to topic folks. We don’t need feuds and bickering from other forums being carried on here. It’s a good thread and the poll asks a legitimate question. Let’s keep it that way.

exiledclaseboy said:
Keep it to topic folks. We don’t need feuds and bickering from other forums being carried on here. It’s a good thread and the poll asks a legitimate question. Let’s keep it that way.

Amen 🙏

exiledclaseboy said:

Agreed - I believe the ask on SI is that people ignore posters that they don't like to read.

The same facility is available here and the ask would be the same - the topic has generated good discussion as you would expect it to given the subject matter. The poll results have been skewed slightly but still feels representative if you take out the skewing.

Removed a few posts this morning from last night that derailed the discussion so please keep on topic.

And now we move on - topic heading is the relevant past.

The lack of progress is the frustration for me personally. I was happy to give Russell time to implement his philosophy but almost 18 months in we don't appear any further forward.

Big positive - are the Derby wins.
Big negative - no improvement in defence / making same mistakes for past 18 months. Too stubborn.

I'd let him see out this season then make a change in the summer. Don't think he's justified a new contract.

You could at least put the deleted posts in a sin bin so we could read them before they're deleted.

I've voted no as I haven't seen much progress in the 18 months. Even when we seem to be playing well, the negative thought of waiting for the mistakes costing us, comes to mind.

A big fat no for me too, Martin's blinkered style of trying to play "the Barca way" with players of limited ability has cost us a bag full of points/wins over the past 18 months, don't get me wrong, we have the players capable of getting us into the play offs as long as we play a system that suits, also, Martin seems to have an over inflated ego that doesn't sit well with me, or the younger squad members by the looks of it...

Its a no from me too which I doubt will come as any surprise.
Apart from the issues on the pitch where we are still seeing that silly goal kick, players used out of position which indicates our manager is not learning I am concerned about the disconnect between the football management and club management. There is clearly some issue between Martin and the recruitment team as he has been very reluctant to play the loan players and also Ogebeta as it seems he was not consulted regarding his acquisition ....I hate to imagine what would happen should the Americans decide to ship in two MLS players for his use....

I’d be interested in hearing the views and reasoning of those who have voted ‘yes’, just to see the thought process.

TheGoodDoctor said:
I’d be interested in hearing the views and reasoning of those who have voted ‘yes’, just to see the thought process.

Didn't vote yes, but I'm also not rushing to sack the manager when we're only three points off the playoffs and well clear of the relegation zone. Overall RM is an average manager doing an averageish job with an average budget and an average squad. I'd say that given our crowds and budget, being a mid-table championship team is okay. We're not setting the world alight, but we're doing reasonably against clubs in similar situations. You can pretty much throw a blanket over every team in this division from 3rd to 18th and there's very little between all of them.

JackFish said:
Didn't vote yes, but I'm also not rushing to sack the manager when we're only three points off the playoffs and well clear of the relegation zone. Overall RM is an average manager doing an averageish job with an average budget and an average squad. I'd say that given our crowds and budget, being a mid-table championship team is okay. We're not setting the world alight, but we're doing reasonably against clubs in similar situations. You can pretty much throw a blanket over every team in this division from 3rd to 18th and there's very little between all of them.
I dont think this poll is actually about sacking MArtin more to test the waters as to the fanbases feelings

It has arisen as on one of the other sites it was stated the majority of fans are happy with the current situation and MArtins approach.

There have been polls in the past re sacking MArtin.....many of those who are not MArtins best fans myself included have stated previously that if he changes and adapts and results come then it is silly to sack him.

We have also hears the club have no intention to curtail his current contract....so he is here to stay but are we happy with how things are is the crux of this poll

Yep it’s not about sacking the manager, it’s just a question of if you are happy with the last 18 months and happy with the current state of things.

Apologies, thought the poll had expired or something. I see it’s been removed now.

No clue why it seemed to cause to many issues to be honest but happy to leave it there.

Wouldn’t mind the discussion continuing though as to the pros and cons of the last 18 months.

TheGoodDoctor said:
Apologies, thought the poll had expired or something. I see it’s been removed now.

No clue why it seemed to cause to many issues to be honest but happy to leave it there.

Wouldn’t mind the discussion continuing though as to the pros and cons of the last 18 months.

There's a more local / Welsh qualified boys in and around the team that at any time than I can remember. Which if you're a fan of the national team like is a plus.

I'll try and keep this neutral in terms of Martin... but we are going backwards.

Whether Obafemi is unmanageable or whether Martin is incapable of managing him, he is a fantastic player at this level as we have seen. He's scored plenty for us and a couple at international level. Him going is a big loss to us and weakens us massively IMO.

Piroe is into the last 18 months of his contract with us and unless he signs a new one, which is unlikely, he's on his way out sooner rather than later.

So that's two of the best strikers in the Championship heading through the door.

Manning is out of contract in the summer and him leaving (if he does) also weakens us a lot. One of, if not our best player this season.

Are we going to replace these players? If so, does anyone have any real confidence that we'll replace them with anyone decent given the signings over the last 12 months or so?

It will be very disappointing if Whittaker isn't given a go here. It's nice to think that our young players will be given a chance if they go away and do well on loan, especially in League One.

Overall, I have been disappointed in how we've used our young players. Brandon Cooper hasn't had a look in this season despite looking promising when he's played (not sure if he's been injured), Oli Cooper wasn't even on Martin's radar for the start of the season, Garrick did well out on loan last season and wasn't given any sort of a chance here, Cullen is on fire which makes me wonder if he's been underused this season, Congreve made one mistake then wasn't seen for months. There doesn't seem to be any real pathway there for them.

Our use of the loan market has been abysmal.

I don't think it's fair to assign the blame just to one party but objectively, I don't see us heading in a positive direction and I don't really see much of a plan.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back