• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Poll: Happy with the way things are going?

Neath_Jack said:
And then there's others who think we have a half decent squad, who should be doing a lot better wth better tactics and management.

I hope the owners don't throw money at the current manager myself, they've more than backed hi to this point and his record is pretty rubbish. Nothing wrong with our owners, they have run the club very well since relegation.

Have a thumbs up. This mirrors my outlook precisely.

Why are some singling the owners out for criticism? Let’s compare our last spell in the Championship to this one, it was never really the case that Huw and co broke the bank to get us promoted. Instead they worked to find the right formula of manager and squad. Compare this to the current era where Martin has been backed in the transfer market, I’d say that this translates into ambition. The bit that’s missing is the manager who can get consistency out of a squad that is more superior on paper than it is on the pitch.

It’s become all very cult like if you ask me.

It seems nobody can say anything criticising the manager and if you do then you are just negative and not a real fan.

If we win then Martin is excellent and if we lose then the players are crap despite Martins excellence.

Each transfer window the owners get blamed for our position despite them spending millions more than we ever have at this level over the same time period.

I just don’t understand what is on his CV that attracts such militant defence and devotion. 19th and 13th at MK Dons and 15th and 11th with us.

He has shown incredible naivety and has fallen out with (and subsequently shunned) more key players than I can remember any other manager doing.

He has a very similar aura to Garry Monk, limited knowledge that he hides with arrogance and blames everything on the players while accepting the praise when it goes well.

I can’t stand the bloke if I’m being completely honest. Ever since that interview where he blamed everything from the bus to the grass (not even joking) his words have grated on me.

Can’t wait for a change so we can all kick on and leave the vanity project behind.

TheGoodDoctor said:
It’s become all very cult like if you ask me.

It seems nobody can say anything criticising the manager and if you do then you are just negative and not a real fan.

If we win then Martin is excellent and if we lose then the players are crap despite Martins excellence.

Each transfer window the owners get blamed for our position despite them spending millions more than we ever have at this level over the same time period.

I just don’t understand what is on his CV that attracts such militant defence and devotion. 19th and 13th at MK Dons and 15th and 11th with us.

He has shown incredible naivety and has fallen out with (and subsequently shunned) more key players than I can remember any other manager doing.

He has a very similar aura to Garry Monk, limited knowledge that he hides with arrogance and blames everything on the players while accepting the praise when it goes well.

I can’t stand the bloke if I’m being completely honest. Ever since that interview where he blamed everything from the bus to the grass (not even joking) his words have grated on me.

Can’t wait for a change so we can all kick on and leave the vanity project behind.

I’ve said this before but it really interests me what it is with people that they think so highly of him.
This is an old post I’ve copy and pasted.

I saw my first Swans game as a nipper in 1972 and I’ve never seen a manager loved by some people like this guy.
On February 12th last year on this very forum I said The minute he came in the door he was put on a pedestal and treated as if he was the God of football and I couldn’t understand why especially has he had virtually nothing on his managerial CV.

I’m seriously missing something,he was exalted to levels I’ve never seen in all my years watching the Swans and treated as if some coaching Svengali.
After his first game in charge people were saying they could see what he was trying to do and I had no idea wtf they were talking about then and I have even less of an idea today.

Darran said:
We’ve now won 2 of our last 13 games and one of those wins was agains a team with 10 men for 70 minutes.

You can't educate pork Dar. Fact of it is that he is an average manager with a squad that probably should be doing a bit better. We aren't going anywhere soon with him and neither is he.

Some people must have posters on their wall of him. I read the other day that he hadn't spent a penny in a year and a half. But that was forgetting Darling, Wood, Ogbeta, Fisher, Obafemi (perhaps before his time) to name a few. Along with the countless wasted loans.

A4Jack said:
You can't educate pork Dar. Fact of it is that he is an average manager with a squad that probably should be doing a bit better. We aren't going anywhere soon with him and neither is he.

Some people must have posters on their wall of him. I read the other day that he hadn't spent a penny in a year and a half. But that was forgetting Darling, Wood, Ogbeta, Fisher, Obafemi (perhaps before his time) to name a few. Along with the countless wasted loans.

Some people absolutely adore him and I honestly don’t get it.

Darran said:
I’ve said this before but it really interests me what it is with people that they think so highly of him.
This is an old post I’ve copy and pasted.

I saw my first Swans game as a nipper in 1972 and I’ve never seen a manager loved by some people like this guy.
On February 12th last year on this very forum I said The minute he came in the door he was put on a pedestal and treated as if he was the God of football and I couldn’t understand why especially has he had virtually nothing on his managerial CV.

I’m seriously missing something,he was exalted to levels I’ve never seen in all my years watching the Swans and treated as if some coaching Svengali.
After his first game in charge people were saying they could see what he was trying to do and I had no idea wtf they were talking about then and I have even less of an idea today.

“Can see what he is trying to do” is a classic favourite.

That training session where he told them that if they kept passing it about among themselves then the opposition would eventually stop running suggested he wasn’t entirely sure what he was trying to do himself.

That was his Bob Bradley passing from one cone to another moment for me.

Cooperman said:
Why are some singling the owners out for criticism? Let’s compare our last spell in the Championship to this one, it was never really the case that Huw and co broke the bank to get us promoted. Instead they worked to find the right formula of manager and squad. Compare this to the current era where Martin has been backed in the transfer market, I’d say that this translates into ambition. The bit that’s missing is the manager who can get consistency out of a squad that is more superior on paper than it is on the pitch.

Yeah the owners who had a big hand in taking us down from the premier League. They ain't football people who don't give one toss about the club or it's history.

They ain't the only ones to blame, Julian Winter is a complete snake and Russell is nothing more than a narcissistic fraud. It starts at the very top and rolls down hill as it always does.

Darran said:
We’ve now won 2 of our last 13 games and one of those wins was agains a team with 10 men for 70 minutes.

Lose 9 in a row, it's the players fault, win one and Russ is the hero. Rinse and repeat. And the most baffling part about the Russ crew is they point to the closeness of the playoffs as to why they rate him. Fucking ludicrous.

The two games against Bristol are a good measure for where we are. An average team with a middling budget performing where they should be. We are average in attack and poor in defence. We don’t have consistency and the squad is under resourced.

If we finish mid table at the end of the season I’d shake Martin’s hand and say thank you for trying but we need a freshen up and it will be another coach’s turn to try and elevate us above our level.

I may be keeping limited company but I’m not hearing any adoration for Martin at all. All the people who sit around me in the stadium and almost everyone on here wants him out.

If it’s people on Twitter then thank goodness I’m not on Twitter but they can’t be representative of Swans fans in general surely?

J_B said:
If it’s people on Twitter then thank goodness I’m not on Twitter but they can’t be representative of Swans fans in general surely?

Come on now Joe I never said it was representative of Swans fans in general did I?
Some people I said but I completely agree with the rest everyone I speak to in real life ain’t happy at all.

J_B said:
I may be keeping limited company but I’m not hearing any adoration for Martin at all. All the people who sit around me in the stadium and almost everyone on here wants him out.

I've only seen one on here recently. Don't look anywhere else. The times I've been to the stadium most around me think he's a bullshit snake oil type.

monmouth said:
I've only seen one on here recently. Don't look anywhere else. The times I've been to the stadium most around me think he's a bullshit snake oil type.

It hasn’t always been like this. There were a few murmurings of discontent early on but nothing significant, these have grown over time, which brings us up to today where I’d say that the vast majority think we can do better without him. The two polls back this up, the stadium chatter also. Not everyone will turn their view at the same rate; I consider myself as quite patient but even I’m now calling him out.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back