• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Swans win

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Badlands said:
JackSomething said:
It is tantalising to wonder what Potter could have achieved once Andy Scott was in place. One part of his season that hasn't aged well was the signings made, although of course that leads to the question of who was making those decisions?

There's also the issue that some of our most important players over the last 2 seasons have been Brewster, Woodman, Guehi, Gallagher. With Gibbs-White, Surridge, Wilmot and Palmer all playing a part too. Would any of those have been here under Potter? Doubtful.

I'm not enjoying watching us and agree massive changes (at low cost) will be needed if we somehow get promoted, but I'm surprised at how many are prioritising good football over results. To the extent that plenty are hoping Cooper leaves this summer. I thought we had a more pragmatic fanbase than that.
While player have come and gone under Cooper he did inherit a fairly stable and very good squad.
Potter lost 14 players, 10 with Premier League experience and had 11 senior players loaned out of which 6 had Premier League experience.
He brought in just 5 senior player with, I think, 1 PL appearance between them and 1 loan player.
In total, Potter lost 33 players many near the start or after the start of the season.
Although a few senior players player left under Cooper most had not been chosen to play or had contracts terminated prior to him arriving.

On another point.
A delivery driver who supports the Swans called today and said he's stopped watching the game live. His reason was we are so bad to watch. He argued the club has his money which is fine with and when we get back to crowds in he feel like he's part of the experience and actively supports the team - watching TV he is disconnected and doesn’t feel like he's watching the Swans. In his 40s and a life long ST holder as were his parents.
Are our dull as ditch water performances losing us fans?

I'd love to see the list of 33 players that Potter lost. That seems very high to me, unless you're counting youngsters released who were nowhere near the first team.

airedale said:
To me, fwiw, promotion to the PL means one thing, wonga. And, as long as it doesn’t affect parachute payments, relegation at the end of next season wouldn’t bother me either. Good sustainability is more important than throwing money at it in the hope of survival up there.

Yep. If we go up, buy reasonably cheap players with potential and try to bolster the team with more quality loan players. If we stay up it's a bonus, but we'd be in a good state financially if we went down to build a stronger team and hopefully with some valuable assets we wouldn't have to sell on the cheap like last time.

Captain_Sham said:
Fireboy said:
Read what the Doc has posted a few posts ago.

He is spot on.

I did read it. Thats why I posted what I posted. And he isnt spot on.

Where in his post is he wrong then?

JackSomething said:
Badlands said:
While player have come and gone under Cooper he did inherit a fairly stable and very good squad.
Potter lost 14 players, 10 with Premier League experience and had 11 senior players loaned out of which 6 had Premier League experience.
He brought in just 5 senior player with, I think, 1 PL appearance between them and 1 loan player.
In total, Potter lost 33 players many near the start or after the start of the season.
Although a few senior players player left under Cooper most had not been chosen to play or had contracts terminated prior to him arriving.

On another point.
A delivery driver who supports the Swans called today and said he's stopped watching the game live. His reason was we are so bad to watch. He argued the club has his money which is fine with and when we get back to crowds in he feel like he's part of the experience and actively supports the team - watching TV he is disconnected and doesn’t feel like he's watching the Swans. In his 40s and a life long ST holder as were his parents.
Are our dull as ditch water performances losing us fans?

I'd love to see the list of 33 players that Potter lost. That seems very high to me, unless you're counting youngsters released who were nowhere near the first team.

Some younger and lesser players but 16 PL players and 25 senior squad players. 33 player who had been in o4 around the senior squad.

Badlands said:
JackSomething said:

Some younger and lesser players but 16 PL players and 25 senior squad players. 33 player who had been in o4 around the senior squad.

OK, but still waiting on that list. I get the feeling around half of those 33 will be basically irrelevant, reserves who weren't going to play or loan players who weren't here the relegation season.

Decided to do it myself in the end:

If you include every single player who left the club before and during the 2018/19 season, you get to 33 players. This includes people like Rangel and Britton, who barely featured the season before. It also includes players who spent all or part of the previous season on loan, like Mesa and Amat. It also includes Carroll and Montero, who Potter had for half a season before they left in January.

Once you're past the 16 or so with first-team experience, you're including names such as Rhydian Williams, Causso Darame, Matthew Roberts and Mael Davies.

Do you know how many players left before or during the 19/20 season, Cooper's first in charge?

Cooper got to bring in 11 players, Potter got to bring in 9. So Cooper faced a net loss of 30 players while Potter's was 24.

Your latest attempt at downplaying Cooper's achievements clearly isn't working.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back