• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Swans win

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Geoff thom said:
Longlostjack said:
Bournemouth on Saturday will be a different game. Was a tough game against Middlesborough on Saturday and I reckon Cooper has just about done enough on the rotation front in the last two games. Who knows Bennett might be back too. Calm down boys!

I'll say it now Bournemouth will hammer us

Massive game!

eteb said:
yes but not when un challeneged. I agree it appears to be the game plan which is extremely contradictory to coopers post match comments

Hes classy, like he said, won't criticise the team in public, which I like personally

Neither Cardiff or Bournemouth will stuff us and we will get at least two wins out of our next three. Our performances may not justify that thinking but our form overall does and we do grind out results

Bookmark it

i really think it'll go down to the last game v watford, although i dont have much faith in cooper going there to win

Come on guys

We need to get through this last three then the final nine games. Nine cup finals and Cooper knows all about tournament football. Despite what we have seen recently, it is going to turn for the better very quickly. We were all pessimistic going into Cardiff last time, and never looked back as our performances were dodgy then. Expect the unexpected

It wasn't good was it. Still reckon we've got the beating of Cardiff. Sit the fack back and let them come to us, see what they can do when they can do when the onus is on them to come out and play. Then pick them off with a late pen. Bournemouth will batter us yeah? They're bleedin as off the boyle as we are and in no form to batter anyone.

sainthelens said:
Dr. Winston said:
Nobody is asking for wholesale changes. Just sensible use of the squad available to him rather than reverting to the same nine or ten players every week. Asking why Morris barely featured during his time here, why Manning has started less than half a dozen league games (and naturally gets dropped again tonight) or why we're sending on a just back from injury 36 year old instead of a pacy young forward we just spent £700k on is only natural.
Possibly fair questions to ask, but perhaps he feels wer hanging on for points with the best he thinks we have and is reluctant to change it. We are still picking up points so in effect he's getting it right. As someone has mentioned there are at least 4/5 other sides with stronger squads. His gamble may not pay off....but so far its working.
Drawing away to Brentford, Norwich and Watford is effective.
Drawing to Blackburn, getting hammered by Bristol and Huddersfield and needing masses of luck to take points isn't being effective.
Even games we keep clean sheets we're hanging on at the end and thumping clearances then sitting back to so soak up pressure.
It's full and unsustainable.

cmajack said:
eteb said:
i agree, i think he s brilliant but he'sfucking knackered. This is what im saying, he gives us nothing from 70 mins onwards due to fatigue, why are we not even trying whittaker/ariola? There is no rationale to it.
Just seems the last transfer window was a complete waste of time and an opportunity passed up. There is no point in signing Morris, ariola and Whittaker if you are not going to make use of them in matches. It has been a complete waste of 3 signings , and if he didn't think they were good enough or going to be any use to the team then they shouldn't have been signed. It's obvious to all the team is knackered on it's feet and three quarters full of players who will only get you the odd goal and yet according to cooper there's no one good enough to give some of them a rest.

I think the January transfer window will be seen as a complete waste of time in hindsight. Let's hope it doesn't turn out to be the deciding factor in not going up.

I don't think there's any doubt that Woodman, Guehi, Gibbs-White, Latibeaudiere, and Palmer (plus Surridge, Brewster, Gallagher last season) were Cooper-led signings. They either played for him for England, or he would have known all about them through scouting. I think Whittaker would also be in this group, although that raises the question of why Cooper doesn't seem to want to use him.

Lowe, Manning, Smith, Bennett all seem to be Andy Scott signings. Value for money signings, but Cooper seems to trust all of them with the possible exception of Manning.

Then you've got Hourihane, Morris, Arriola and Freeman. We already needed depth in January before losing MGW, Palmer and Gyokeres. The question is what happened then?

Is Cooper's scouting book exhausted? None of the rest of the players he has experience of from his England days were available? With money tight everywhere, were there no Andy Scott bargains to be had?

Did we get towards the end of the window and Cooper was told these are the only guys we can get, so it's these guys or nothing? If so, I would think Cooper would sign off on them and hope that they would prove themselves in training etc and earn his trust. I think Hourihane did that and started well before things went south and maybe Morris was on his way before the injury. The others clearly haven't for whatever reason.

I'm not blaming or exonerating anybody, but it's clear that losing MGW and Palmer has had a major effect on our season. I'm in the camp giving Cooper credit for our results despite the squad clearly being weaker now than it was, but I'm also frustrated over the poor football and the lack of changes being made when it clearly isn't working. I'd be amazed if we could get promoted without our form improving.

I keep going back to Sousa's season but the January transfer window has echoes of that for me. Trundle coming in when Sousa clearly didn't want him and wasn't Bayo on his way to sign before Sousa stopped it?

Akajack said:
sainthelens said:
Then perhaps it's time we realised that maybe we arnt as good as we all think ? With the international break coming, Coops could be pushing to get every minute he can out of his choices. And that maybe we only the 3rd/4th best in this division and we are over achieving...a little.

No idea, but part from Brizzle in the second half, theres no other team (sorry and Brennturd) that have outplayed us, the league is very poor quality this year, lets blame covid and thank fuk were near the top

Huddersfield ?? Beat us twice this season and gave us a hiding a few weeks ago !!!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back