• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: The Official Nottingham Forest vs Swansea City Match Thread

Comments from Sammy Amoebi

We know all about Swansea. They're a very good side who keep the ball really well and they like to move it around a lot but I think that might suit us a little bit more because we like to stay compact and then spring from there. If we all do our jobs and we're all in the right places then I think Swansea's style of football might play into our hands and we can make it difficult for them.

The manager has been very encouraging because I think he has seen better signs from our recent performances and perhaps we deserved more points than we have taken from the last few games. If we can shore things up at the back a little bit and add some end product at the other end of the pitch then we will start picking up those points and heading up the table.

I think this will be a season-defining period of the season for us because I believe that if we play the way we know we're capable of then we can compete with all of these teams and pick up those much-needed points.

Cooper - the Championship is as competitive as ever

In the space of a week – with nine points at stake – you can be overtaken by so many teams, or you can overtake a number of teams yourself

It’s still to early to draw any conclusions, there is no gap that has opened up that cannot be closed up in a week.

Until that time comes it is going to be very hard to say how things are looking, but the league is more competitive than it has ever been, and people were already saying this was the most competitive league in the world.

Anybody can beat anybody, and we are in a schedule that is completely unknown to any of us.

I talk to someone like Wayne Routledge, who has so many years of experience under his belt, and this is new to him.

It’s really hard to predict and say, ‘this is how it is going’. So, it has to be about the moment you are in, making the most of every day.

There will come a time when things will start to take shape, and hopefully when that happens we will be in the right place.

Woodman
Roberts - Guehi - Bennett - Naughton - Bidwell
Fulton - Grimes - Smith
Ayew - Lowe

Gyokeres and Garrick back on bench.
Can only assume no no.10 unless Smith would play there? Midfield looking a bit static otherwise.

Good three players to bring in though

Three midfielders all more comfortable sitting deep. Fulton deserves to be back in the team for sure, but not sure what kind of pull Grimes has over Cooper. He was abject midweek but looks like he's a permanent fixture again.

I'd suspect fulton will be one that will be pushed further forward to support ayew and lowe.

No one in that midfield is going to be playing defence splitting passes.
Predicting a change at half time after a toothless first half.

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/1333002768030765057

lidojack said:
No one in that midfield is going to be playing defence splitting passes.
Predicting a change at half time after a toothless first half.

I've a feeling Coops be looking to see if Forest go 1 or 2 up top. As you say, cautious start.

A defensive side today, remember we have five subs to make and theres plenty of attacking options on the bench.

What worries me is that hes gone too defensive which could backfire, we dont want to be going 1 or 2 nil down too early.

My opinion is to go for the throat early doors, mix the attack up, as the bench shows we have plenty of options.

A win today will take the pressure off of a very tricky midweek trip to the North East.

Longlostjack said:
Isn’t it on Swans TV ? :-((

I thought every game was but this was one that isn't part of the season ticket package?

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back