• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 22/23 The Official Luton Town v Swansea City EFL Championship Match Thread

What will the result be against Luton?

• Luton win

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Swans win

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JackFish said:
To be completely fair Cullen’s offside goal would have counted for 0. If that was correctly given as onside it would be worth a decent amount. We weren’t great today by any stretch but it was better than Stoke, Rotherham & Blackburn.

I think some fans are so preoccupied with Martins inadequacies, that it overrides everything else, there's no denying that Martin should have his marching orders, but the players on the field today didn't deserve to lose that game.

lidojack said:
I realise xG is not everyone's cup of tea but they had 2.45 and we had 0.43.
They deserved a full 2 goals more than us today.

xG? lol, the day i pay the slightest attention to that is the day I eat Prossers sock.

The first half was a complete scrap fest, no side was better than the other. The only difference was Fisher throwing the ball into the net. Second half, we were the better side, admittedly without creating much.

Niigata Jack said:
I think some fans are so preoccupied with Martins inadequacies, that it overrides everything else, there's no denying that Martin should have his marching orders, but the players on the field today didn't deserve to lose that game.

Bang on there, I want MArtin gone as much as the next man. But using that to say Luton were better than us is schoolboy nonsense.

Neath_Jack said:
xG? lol, the day i pay the slightest attention to that is the day I eat Prossers sock.

The first half was a complete scrap fest, no side was better than the other. The only difference was Fisher throwing the ball into the net. Second half, we were the better side, admittedly without creating much.

They hit the woodwork twice, had a shot cleared off the line and a last ditch tackle saved another tap in. That's ignoring the 3 other shots they had from inside our 6 yard box.

Without looking at xG you can easily pick a number of chances they had that we were lucky not to concede from.

lidojack said:
They hit the woodwork twice, had a shot cleared off the line and a last ditch tackle saved another tap in. That's ignoring the 3 other shots they had from inside our 6 yard box.

Without looking at xG you can easily pick a number of chances they had that we were lucky not to concede from.

I completely agree with Lidojack here, we were not unfortunate to lose we got precisely what we deserved.

Yes Cullen's goal should have stood, but by the same token Luton can feel unfortunate not to get more than the 1 goal themselves.

bakajack said:
I completely agree with Lidojack here, we were not unfortunate to lose we got precisely what we deserved.

Yes Cullen's goal should have stood, but by the same token Luton can feel unfortunate not to get more than the 1 goal themselves.

For all that to count the ball would have needed to have entered the net the only one that did for them was the result of the most inadequate goal keeper I can remember us having in more than 20yrs.

So the above is all ifs and but's facts are the only things that matter in the actual result is that they scored one and we had a goal disallowed because of a clear decision that was wrong. End of Chat.

lidojack said:

A team can be the better team, whilst the other side could have stolen it. We see it all the time.

I'm not saying we were head and shoulders better than them, but we were not the second best side.

Toshack giving a truthful opinion on the mess we are in on Radio Wales phone in

To cap the day off without the fact that Cardiff comfortably beat Bristol City, the Osprey's are losing to Benetton at the Liberty.

Neath_Jack said:
A team can be the better team, whilst the other side could have stolen it. We see it all the time.

I'm not saying we were head and shoulders better than them, but we were not the second best side.

Agreed. Two very poor sides. What I would say is that they had three times the number of decent chances on less possession, as per usual. We couldn’t have complained at 3-1 but we could have got 1-1.

Edit - Steve Cooper would have got a 1-1 or even a 0-1 with a similar performance.

Neath_Jack said:

Usually having more chances and having better chances makes you the better team.
But we'll just agree to disagree.

JackFish said:
To be completely fair Cullen’s offside goal would have counted for 0. If that was correctly given as onside it would be worth a decent amount. We weren’t great today by any stretch but it was better than Stoke, Rotherham & Blackburn.

I don't think it was any better, we just collapsed against Stoke last few mins

Niigata Jack said:
We deserved one and if that's given as it should have been who knows, despite whatever xG or 2.45 or o.43 means, its a game of football and I judge it with my own eyes not whatever that nonsense says.

Bill Shankly be turning in grave with all that baloney, I'm a football fan and watch games with my eyes and make judgements with my eyes and not by what a computer's stats tell me, I'm not interested, I leave that to those who are paid to work all that out.

No we didn't deserve one, we are shite

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back