• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Middlesbrough FC | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Middlesbrough?

• Swans win

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Middlesbrough win

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is why I haven't changed my opinion for weeks, we're going to be right in the relegation mix. You can play all the pretty football you want, but if you can't put away your chances, then defend like a minge.......

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I think we've played the better football the first half but we never looked like scoring and they cut us wide open and score.

? We had two chances where it was gift wrapped and another where Paterson should have looked up and found Lowe. 2-1 wouldn’t be unfair, and 3-1 wouldn’t be grossly unfair.

Edit, as it is now I wouldn’t be overly surprised by 0-3 at the end.

Half time thoughts:

Cabango positionally naive as usual, if you are the outside man of a back three you just can't push up like that.
Fulton-Grimes holding pair still doesn't work for me, Grimes always looks for the safe ball and Fulton is doing the same always facing his own goal.
Up top Lowe as the lone striker just doesn't work, he isn't a hold up play kind of forward.
Bright spark for me has been Walsh, he has made all the right passes and brought others into play well.

Bluenile said:
Fulton and Cabango. A pair of donkeys.

It’s Fulton and Grimes that are the issue. Easy to always blame Cabango but our biggest problem in attack and defence are those two in centre midfield.

Stupid, lazy little flicks, slow to close down, slow to create space, always looking for the stats rather than helping the team.

Whoever manages us is going to find it almost impossible unless he sorts out those two.

I thought we were excellent for most of that half. Sheehan’s done more with them in 2 weeks that duff in 3+ months.

Christ Walsh’s miss just come up again. Didn’t even need accuracy. Gaping goal.

Patino on Fulton off.
Cullen on Paterson off.

We can have a proper go at them then.

monmouth said:
Christ Walsh’s miss just come up again. Didn’t even need accuracy. Gaping goal.

To be fair, he hasnt scored for almost 4 years so we cant have too high expectations.

lidojack said:
To be fair, he hasnt scored for almost 4 years so we cant have too high expectations.

To be fair to being fair he has spent the vast majority of that injured and is only now getting back up to speed

Bloody hell, I don’t think I’ve seen a team with negative pace before. Fulton and Darling then. Boggling.

Walsh still our best player, but Grimes can feck off.

Nothing wrong with that free kick at all from Walsh, no one trying to attack it

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back