• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official PNE v The Swans Match Thread | The EFL Championship | Deepdale Stadium, Preston

What will the result be against Preston?

• Preston win

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Swans win

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackharris

Staff member
Reaction score
IMG-5070.jpg

IMG-5071.jpg

IMG-5042.jpg

IMG-5240.jpg

IMG-5060.jpg

IMG-5062.jpg

IMG-5063.jpg

IMG-5064.jpg

IMG-5072.jpg

IMG-5107.jpg

IMG-5043.jpg

Will be a good battle this one. I hope we move away from playing Grimes Fulton and Patino all around the base of the midfield though. It leaves us lumping balls up to the strikers and wingbacks hoping they can get on the end of them and create something. My hope is that we drop Fulton for Ginnelly - Patino has showed that he is different mustard and has a great range of passing to operate as a quarterback to hit Ginnelly or Piroe playing a little deeper than Yates.

---------------------- Rushworth ---------------------
---- Darling --------- Cabango ---------- Wood ----
Ashby -------------------------------------------- Key
----------------- Patino --------- Grimes -----------
------------- Ginnelly ------------- Piroe -----------
------------------------- Yates ------------------------

Tjoe-A-On, Hukarevych, Cullen, Cooper, Abdulai, Allen Fisher, Naughton and Fulton for the bench to give options to change the formation

Shades of 1986 with this game. That game was also early season, August bank holiday. Terry Phelan just signed for us. We lost the game(2-1) but made a great start that season.
We went to Blackpool after the game(FOSCFA) and I won a 6 ft tall pink cuddly elephant which my friend Dafydd named Ivor. We arrived back in Swansea at first light and I drove home on my Yamaha YB 100 across Clyne Common with two extra passengers. Dafydd and Ivor. That would have been some photo. That day lives bright in my memory.

Captain_Sham said:
Shades of 1986 with this game. That game was also early season, August bank holiday. Terry Phelan just signed for us. We lost the game(2-1) but made a great start that season.
We went to Blackpool after the game(FOSCFA) and I won a 6 ft tall pink cuddly elephant which my friend Dafydd named Ivor. We arrived back in Swansea at first light and I drove home on my Yamaha YB 100 across Clyne Common with two extra passengers. Dafydd and Ivor. That would have been some photo. That day lives bright in my memory.

If you didn't put a helmet on Ivor, then your a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed on the road.

A winnable game on paper but a fixture we rarely turn up for at least until we concede. Oh for a Bodde type winner Saturday.

Ringwood Jack said:
A winnable game on paper but a fixture we rarely turn up for at least until we concede. Oh for a Bodde type winner Saturday.

Well we already know that Ginnelly has that kind of finish in his locker.

Considering that Duff's hand has been forced in regards to Piroe and seemingly Wood too then it seems that we will now throw Nathan Tjoe-A-On straight into the side. Predicting something more like this now:

------------------------- Rushworth --------------------------
---- Darling ------------ Cabango --------- Tjoe-A-On ----
Ashby ---------------------------------------------------- Key
---------------- Patino ------------- Grimes ----------------
-------------------------- Ginnelly ---------------------------
---------------- Yates -------------- Cullen -----------------

Its possible that Kukharevych will play instead of Cullen but it seems he is still building up match fitness so I expect Cullen to start instead.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/july/31/football-unites-to-improve-participant-and-fan-behaviour-for-the-2023-24-season/

Yes its still early doors, but the reality is...should it go tits up tmrw, and Muff turn up on Tuesday, then next Saturday comes with way more pressure/anxiety than it should. Unthinkable being lose all 3 going into the international break with a trip to the piggery on the other side.
I'll get my coat.

So has Wood asked to be allowed to leave?
If so shouldn't be anywhere near the changing room let alone starting...

Surprisingly despite the heavy interest from Southampton Wood starts today.
Ginnelly misses out with illness and Piroe's place is taken by Cullen. Our only attacking subs on the bench today are Jamie Paterson, Ollie Cooper and Mykola Kukharevych.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back