• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Six Nations 2021 thread

monmouth said:
Bring on the excuses. It'll all be about them, the wankers.

The BBC post match was exactly that. Johnson, in particular, turning everything back to England’s deficiencies, no praise for Wales. Even Warburton comes across as an apologist for the rest’s myopic views. Gobby Yorath was never going to win a popularity contest for me given who her father is, but it’s more than that; her smug, self satisfied style gets on my tits. You’d never guess she has Welsh roots.

Sonja McLaughlin’s questions to both camps’ coaches and captains post match were as bad as ever. At one point she asked Alun Wyn if he felt he should have gone to the ref to ‘correct’ his decision to allow Wales’ first try. Fucking seriously?!! Apparently she got some abuse on social media and had a cry in her car (she felt the need to tell the world this in a tweet of her own).

I only tune into the Beeb’s coverage for Butler, Jiffy and Moore’s commentary; I’ll be switching over to S4C for the post match from now on (I refuse to tune into ITV’s coverage at all because I have zero interest in Woodward and Maggie Alphonsi’s opinions).

Anyway, a fantastic result and a record points tally against the old enemy despite being far from our best. If/when we click fully into top gear we’ll be quite a team. Sheedy needs to start against Italy, but that’s the only change I’d make.

Evanski said:
monmouth said:
Bring on the excuses. It'll all be about them, the wankers.

The BBC post match was exactly that. Johnson, in particular, turning everything back to England’s deficiencies, no praise for Wales. Even Warburton comes across as an apologist for the rest’s myopic views. Gobby Yorath was never going to win a popularity contest for me given who her father is, but it’s more than that; her smug, self satisfied style gets on my tits. You’d never guess she has Welsh roots.

Sonja McLaughlin’s questions to both camps’ coaches and captains post match were as bad as ever. At one point she asked Alun Wyn if he felt he should have gone to the ref to ‘correct’ his decision to allow Wales’ first try. Fucking seriously?!! Apparently she got some abuse on social media and had a cry in her car (she felt the need to tell the world this in a tweet of her own).

I only tune into the Beeb’s coverage for Butler, Jiffy and Moore’s commentary; I’ll be switching over to S4C for the post match from now on (I refuse to tune into ITV’s coverage at all because I have zero interest in Woodward and Maggie Alphonsi’s opinions).

Anyway, a fantastic result and a record points tally against the old enemy despite being far from our best. If/when we click fully into top gear we’ll be quite a team. Sheedy needs to start against Italy, but that’s the only change I’d make.
The Beeb were disgraceful, McLaughlin was disgraceful, I immediately texted a mate calling her a disgrace, Wales won fair and square (by 16 pts) and she tried to say England was robbed.
Jonathan Davies was a disgrace in commentary as well (no knock on's in this game, ref MOTM etc).

Bigger did not signal a kick at goal, the ref put his arm up and blew the whistle, it was England's fault.
Zammit fumbled the ball (in that instance he thought he had bombed a try) behind him, I seen the reply and said to the Mrs "it's a try, it's a try", the ref will talk it through with the tmo bit by bit and I think they will give a try and that is what happened.
The final pass for Watson's try might have been a forward pass (they didn't look at it) and Itoje should have seen yellow for persistent infringements.

Wales won fair and square by a big margin, well done Wales.

Trampie said:
Evanski said:

The Beeb were disgraceful, McLaughlin was disgraceful, I immediately texted a mate calling her a disgrace, Wales won fair and square (by 16 pts) and she tried to say England was robbed.
Jonathan Davies was a disgrace in commentary as well (no knock on's in this game, ref MOTM etc).

Bigger did not signal a kick at goal, the ref put his arm up and blew the whistle, it was England's fault.
Zammit fumbled the ball (in that instance he thought he had bombed a try) behind him, I seen the reply and said to the Mrs "it's a try, it's a try", the ref will talk it through with the tmo bit by bit and I think they will give a try and that is what happened.
The final pass for Watson's try might have been a forward pass (they didn't look at it) and Itoje should have seen yellow for persistent infringements.

Wales won fair and square by a big margin, well done Wales.

Correct Tramps.

When the ref told Farrell to have a word with his team it wasn’t an invitation to hold a team meeting under the posts and call the water carriers on (which only the ref should do). They clearly expected a kick at goal and were caught out. The “knock on” wasn’t one at all and our third try was gifted by England going to sleep after conceding yet another penalty and again expecting a kick at goal but quick thinking Hardy caught them out. Both “contentious “ tries were penalties to Wales within easy kicking distance so if England think there was a 14 point difference they’re wrong, six points were as good as in the bag so it’s an 8 point difference in a 16 point win.

They don’t like it up them.

It just makes it better for me. Like when we beat the Pads with Phillips try and they were shitting glass. Lovely.

Now lets see them lose in Dublin and against the Frogs. Then Frogs vs us as a GS showdown, if the Jocks don't do them first.

Just wish the pubs had been open in Chepstow yesterday. It's like the Wild West for Eng/Wales down there on the border. Always at least one fight, although they've tried to gentrify the best (ie worst) pub for it, the bastards.

Whether you like rugby or not the Welsh camp has a togetherness that is tremendous.
People can try and lessen our achievement but we don't get wound up regardless of the provoking.

Martin johnson is a grumpy old man and just looks so out of his depth.

Sky is full of enthusiastic panellists and I never grudge paying (despite having a price increase email)

......and one more thing......this tournament always shows up those that only like or follow rugby when the 6 nations is on.
Anyone who played the game or watches the game regularly will tell you that when a ref awards a penalty you face the opposition, whether there are Waterboys or physios on the pitch you watch everything.
Biggar asked the ref correctly on when he was allowed to restart.

The try again was all about did the ball travel forward before hitting the ground......it didn't so no knock on.

England need to drop 3 or 4 players that are way off from.

Wales need to be applauded, Pivac as well for just getting on with it.
The autumn friendlies are just warm ups....pay no attention to results and don't try to unsettle a coach that obviously knows the game and has successfully won things in the past.

Triple crown winners, you'd don't just turn up to win them.

dickythorpe said:
......and one more thing......this tournament always shows up those that only like or follow rugby when the 6 nations is on.
Anyone who played the game or watches the game regularly will tell you that when a ref awards a penalty you face the opposition, whether there are Waterboys or physios on the pitch you watch everything.
Biggar asked the ref correctly on when he was allowed to restart.

The try again was all about did the ball travel forward before hitting the ground......it didn't so no knock on.

England need to drop 3 or 4 players that are way off from.

Wales need to be applauded, Pivac as well for just getting on with it.
The autumn friendlies are just warm ups....pay no attention to results and don't try to unsettle a coach that obviously knows the game and has successfully won things in the past.

Triple crown winners, you'd don't just turn up to win them.

The fact that Elliot Daly turned his back on the play when the penalty was awarded that Hardy scored from summed it up. If he'd been doing his job, he'd have had an easy tackle and probably a turnover. How did they not learn from the first half? Either arrogance or stupidity.

I enjoyed Brian Moore pontificate about England's great reaction to a wrongly-awarded try (the second one), only for Guscott to then quote from the rulebook at half-time and prove him wrong!

So then - BP for Wales hopefully against Italy.

Do we want England to beat France?

MrSwerve said:
So then - BP for Wales hopefully against Italy.

Do we want England to beat France?

We do. Nice early yellow here

Line out and rolling maul has been superb in this tournament. Credit to Pivac for that.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back