• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

I get the argument that Lowe, Yates and Paterson are not the players we want to rely on to be scoring goals for us. But they scored 24 of the 57 goals our players scored last season (+2 own goals I believe as we scored 59 total).

Ronald scored 3 after arriving, so we could optimistically hope he'll get closer to double figures this season, but EOM and Franco are unknown quantities. After Cullen with 7, our highest goal scorer remaining is Grimes with 4.

I'm sure there'll be more signings, loan or permanent, but I find it hard to believe anyone is truly relaxed right now given the chronic lack of goal scorers in the team.

I don't want the owners to throw loads of money at the squad & risk the future of the club.
What I do want is to see them spend the money we have got wisely & that they clearly haven't done.
How do you work that out? The three signings so far look a step up in quality and good value!

Ok, fair enough.
Unfortunately Ginelly is 1 of the concerns if the injury stories are accurate & while I like what I've seen of Parker again he missed a chunk of games last season due to injury.
Hopefully Ronald is fit because we didn't see much of him in the last 2 friendlies.
I don't want a whole raft of panic signings but we're leaving it very late.
I agree on 2 strikers & a centre half plus I'd like to see a goal scoring midfielder.
Ronald has pulled a hammy in Austria which is why we didn’t see him. Hear he won’t take part this weekend/may get a very small amount of minutes (absolute best case scenario) but he will be ready for start of season (unless something else happens of course)

Ronald has pulled a hammy in Austria which is why we didn’t see him. Hear he won’t take part this weekend/may get a very small amount of minutes (absolute best case scenario) but he will be ready for start of season (unless something else happens of course)
Not unusual at all with pre season conditioning, the whole point of it is to force players to their limit after all.
Ginnelly is the bigger question mark/concern

One of my best mates is a Blues fan. He is happy for them to get rid, OK on his day but far too inconsistent and lazy.

And seems to have a bit of an attitude. But scored twice against us so all the algorithms will be good...

I thought Dembele looked unplayable against us last season... but maybe that was his 1 match in 20.

It's so quiet on incomings. It's got all the hallmarks of signing hardly anyone else and going to the end of August after assessing our players after the first 4 games. Then we'll sign a few on loan when the better players available on loan will have been snapped up.

I thought Dembele looked unplayable against us last season... but maybe that was his 1 match in 20.
5 at the back and he ran rings around us.
I would have however, thought his kid brother offered the better investment case.

Unless a deal for him is imminent - like today, then it goes against what we've seen so far in terms of targets being leaked online.
I'd certainly hope we're looking at actual no 9's, instead of more wide players.

Unless a deal for him is imminent - like today, then it goes against what we've seen so far in terms of targets being leaked online.
I'd certainly hope we're looking at actual no 9's, instead of more wide players.
We are looking at both

It's so quiet on incomings. It's got all the hallmarks of signing hardly anyone else and going to the end of August after assessing our players after the first 4 games. Then we'll sign a few on loan when the better players available on loan will have been snapped up.
As much as I want to see new players in ASAP to have more time to train with the team, I'm going to disagree with you on this. The best players to loan (among younger players at top flight clubs anyway) are those who are on the fringes of the first team squad. Players who are likely to be involved a lot for their team, but will suddenly become available if their team signs an experienced player.

An example (although not one who really suits us) is Toby Collyer at Man United. He's a 20 year old defensive midfielder and has been playing plenty in friendlies. He's seen as someone who could be Casemiro's primary backup this season and could have a Mainoo like impact. If Man Utd sign another midfielder as rumoured though, he'd more likely be available for a loan.

So as clubs sign players, previously unavailable players become available. The hope is that the club are monitoring players in this position and have established with their clubs that we should be the club they loan them to if they become available. It's a hell of a balancing act and hopefully the club are on top of it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back