• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The January 2022 Transfer Window Thread

forkbeard said:
Ryan Bennett going out on loan (not sure who but seen forest as a name) allegedly to fund this left back from Shrewsbury

I know Bennett's not the answer long term but getting rid of him when we're so short in January deadline day is fvking madness.

Swansea93 said:
Could be worse you could be QPR who have a real chance of getting promoted but choosing not to sign anyone, and won’t even pay 750K for Paterson

Perhaps they don't see the value in signing him, he's got a history of strops hasn't he.?

Swansea93 said:
forkbeard said:
Ryan Bennett going out on loan (not sure who but seen forest as a name) allegedly to fund this left back from Shrewsbury

How can’t we afford a LB from League 1 who’s out of contract in 6 months.

It’s utterly bonkers.
Also just seen Liam Walsh and Pato having last ditch interest but nothing concrete.. yet. Miserable transfer window once again it seems.

To claim they are no longer in debt yet can’t afford a player like this is really does (once again) highlight how little regard those planks across pond hold for Swansea City football club.

Risc said:
Walsh and pato possible outgoings.

Can understand Pato, but not Walsh, cover for Ntcham in he, we are lacking in the creativity department as it is.

I think this highlights where we heading, if not this season then next. :cry:

Risc said:
Walsh and pato possible outgoings.

Can't see that unless at least one is incoming to replace.

People worrying we're flat broke and have to let players go, but if that was the case, why would the owners greenlight spending £400k on a new backup goalkeeper? Surely they would just have told Martin that Benda and Hamer were good enough and he had to work with what he had.

https://twitter.com/onlyswanss/status/1488258091506446336?t=iAPlJIPaVO4KR_nn0F6S3w&s=1

Surely nonsense

https://twitter.com/sportspeteo/status/1488267594603843585?s=21

So, at 23:50 on transfer day how does our realistic first team squad look...?

Keepers: Hamer, Fisher

Defence: Christie, Ogbeta, Bennett, Cabango, Burns, Manning (central & wing back cover), Naughton (central & wing back cover), Latibeaudiere (central & wing back cover),

Midfield: Downes, Grimes, Paterson, Wolfe, Ntcham, Smith, Dhanda, Fulton, Ollie Cooper

Attack: Piroe, Joseph, Obafemi

Assuming my first choice XI (5-4-1) of Hamer/Fisher, Christie, Ogbeta, Cabango/Burns, Naughton, Manning, Downes/Grimes, Ntcham, Wolfe, Paterson!!, Piroe/Obafemi, then that is (potentially) an excellent Championship side. We strengthen/tweak/build again in the summer!

And who did we lose....?

Liam Walsh - fringe player - out on loan - getting valuable game time @ Hull
Dan Williams - fringe player - out on loan - getting valuable game time and experience @ Dundalk
Steven Benda - fringe player once Fisher was signed - out on loan - getting valuable game time and added experience @ Peterborough
Liam Cullen - given a run of games but failed to suggest he's good enough - out on loan - getting valuable game time and experience @ Lincoln
Morgan Whittaker - not considered good enough - out on loan - getting valuable game time and experience @ Lincoln
Lewis Webb - fringe player - out on loan - getting valuable game time and experience @ Shelbourne
Brandon Cooper - fringe player - out on loan - getting valuable game time and experience @ Swindon
Ethan Laird - recalled by Manchester United - not much Swans can do about a recall
Rhys Williams - given a run of games but failed to suggest he's good enough - recalled by Liverpool
Jake Bidwell - permanent transfer to Coventry City - decent wing back but too slow at wing back in Martin's formation

In my humble (perhaps misguided!) opinion we are building a potentially hugely competitive side that Martin feels can best play his system, cutting the fringe and deadwood who are no good to our long term strategy, and developing a crop of young players who could become foundations of our club for many seasons to come. I don't share the doom and gloom of many posters here. I feel it will take a further two transfer windows before we see what Martin wants to achieve.

BarryTownSwan said:

Defence: Christie, Ogbeta, Bennett, Cabango, Burns, Manning (central & wing back cover), Naughton (central & wing back cover), Latibeaudiere (central & wing back cover),

Midfield: Downes, Grimes, Paterson, Wolfe, Ntcham, Smith, Dhanda, Fulton, Ollie Cooper

Assuming my first choice XI (5-4-1) of Hamer/Fisher, Christie, Ogbeta, Cabango/Burns, Naughton, Manning, Downes/Grimes, Ntcham, Wolfe, Paterson!!, Piroe/Obafemi, then that is (potentially) an excellent Championship side. We strengthen/tweak/build again in the summer!

And who did we lose....?

Dan Williams - fringe player - out on loan - getting valuable game time and experience @ Dundalk
Steven Benda - fringe player once Fisher was signed - out on loan - getting valuable game time and added experience @ Peterborough
Liam Cullen - given a run of games but failed to suggest he's good enough - out on loan - getting valuable game time and experience @ Lincoln
Morgan Whittaker - not considered good enough - out on loan - getting valuable game time and experience @ Lincoln
Lewis Webb - fringe player - out on loan - getting valuable game time and experience @ Shelbourne
Brandon Cooper - fringe player - out on loan - getting valuable game time and experience @ Swindon
Ethan Laird - recalled by Manchester United - not much Swans can do about a recall
Rhys Williams - given a run of games but failed to suggest he's good enough - recalled by Liverpool
Jake Bidwell - permanent transfer to Coventry City - decent wing back but too slow at wing back in Martin's formation

In my humble (perhaps misguided!) opinion we are building a potentially hugely competitive side that Martin feels can best play his system, cutting the fringe and deadwood who are no good to our long term strategy, and developing a crop of young players who could become foundations of our club for many seasons to come. I don't share the doom and gloom of many posters here. I feel it will take a further two transfer windows before we see what Martin wants to achieve.

😂👍

BarryTownSwan said:

And who did we lose....?

We are slowly but surely building a handy little team.

If someone had told us the day Martin came in that by Feb 1st we’d have added a keeper, a left back, a couple of excellent midfielders, have a right back on loan we have a realistic chance of signing permanently in the summer, retained Grimes, Piroe would be on 11 league goals and Manning was looking fantastic at CB.

However that also we’d lose…

Connor, Lowe and Bidwell on a permanent basis and have several young players out on loan and playing regularly.

I think most of us would have been fairly happy.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back