• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Official Planet Swans January 2021 Transfer Thread

Are you happy with our January transfer dealings?

• Yes

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D.C. United’s Paul Arriola might be headed to Swansea City

Source: Washington Post

D.C. United winger Paul Arriola might join Swansea City for the remainder of the English second-division season, a move that probably would overlap with the start of the MLS campaign and could result in a permanent transfer.

United General Manager Dave Kasper said Friday that the sides will again discuss the proposed short-term loan soon. In English leagues, the deadline for such transactions is Feb. 1.

“It’s an ongoing discussion,” Kasper said. “They are up against a clock with the [transfer] deadline. So it’s something obviously we’ll be engaging with Swansea in the coming days.”

Those talks will come after Swansea City on Friday acquired Seattle Sounders forward Jordan Morris on loan through the league finale May 8, plus any possible promotion playoff matches.

Morris and Arriola are members of the U.S. national team, which is training with a MLS-heavy squad in Bradenton, Fla., ahead of a Jan. 31 friendly against Trinidad and Tobago in Orlando.

Morris traveled this week to Swansea, Wales, for a physical. The deal was announced Friday. At the end of their season, the Swans will have the option to acquire Morris for the long term in what would be a multimillion-dollar purchase.

His market value is $5.5 million, according to Transfermarkt. If Swansea fails to earn promotion to the Premier League, a transfer would be unlikely.

Arriola remains in U.S. camp, but he also could head abroad on short notice. A loan is likely to include a similar option to buy. His market value is $3.3 million, down from $3.85 million after tearing a knee ligament last preseason.

United chairmen Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan also head Swansea City’s investment group, a setup that would help facilitate Arriola’s move. Swansea City’s interest in Arriola was first reported by Yahoo Sports on Wednesday.

The Swans are second behind Norwich City in the 24-team Championship and well-positioned to earn one of two automatic promotions to return to the Premier League after a three-year absence. Four other clubs will enter a playoff for the last ticket to the top flight.

Under normal circumstances, MLS teams would be reluctant to loan players at this time. Typically, they are preparing to open training camp, six weeks before the season opener. But because of the coronavirus pandemic and associated labor issues between MLS and the players’ union, the league has yet to announce camp dates or match schedules.

Arriola is almost a year removed from an ACL injury that sidelined him until the 2020 regular season finale in October. In last month’s U.S. friendly in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., he played 58 minutes and scored during a 6-0 victory over El Salvador.

imrs.php

NSR but just seen that Jayden Stockley, Preston's big money signing from 2 yrs ago has just been loaned out to a league 1 side I guess they think the playoffs are out of reach for them this season

£500,000 bid submitted for Randall, Exeter respond

Source: Football Insider

Exeter City have rejected a Charlton Athletic bid for Celtic target Joel Randall, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The Addicks manager Lee Bowyer revealed earlier this week that his side had failed with two bids for the winger, 21.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Charlton have returned to the negotiating table with an official offer of around £500,000 for Randall that Exeter have knocked back.

The League Two club are hopeful of securing a higher fee for the breakout star.

Bowyer has claimed the asking price is “around £1million” for Randall although he claims that is too much for someone who’s “only played about 15 games in League Two in his career”.

Charlton’s rejected bid paves the way for Celtic to swoop for one of their January targets.

View attachment Joel Randall Exeter City.jpg

GEORGE BYERS MAKES PORTSMOUTH LOAN MOVE

Source: Swansea Official Site

Swansea City midfielder George Byers has joined Portsmouth on loan for the rest of the season, subject to international clearance.

The 24-year-old links up with former Swans boss Kenny Jackett at Fratton Park, with the south coast eyeing promotion to the Championship from League one.

Byers has been with the Swans since 2016, but has been unable to feature for much of this season due to a longstanding groin problem.

However, he is now back to fitness and will get valuable game time under his belt with Pompey.

Byers has made 65 Swansea appearances so far, scoring eight goals.

Everyone at Swansea wishes George every success in his loan spell.

George%20Byers%20Stevenage.jpg

Official Site News said:
GEORGE BYERS MAKES PORTSMOUTH LOAN MOVE

Source: Swansea Official Site

Swansea City midfielder George Byers has joined Portsmouth on loan for the rest of the season, subject to international clearance.

The 24-year-old links up with former Swans boss Kenny Jackett at Fratton Park, with the south coast eyeing promotion to the Championship from League one.

Byers has been with the Swans since 2016, but has been unable to feature for much of this season due to a longstanding groin problem.

However, he is now back to fitness and will get valuable game time under his belt with Pompey.

Byers has made 65 Swansea appearances so far, scoring eight goals.

Everyone at Swansea wishes George every success in his loan spell.

George%20Byers%20Stevenage.jpg

Why he wasn't involved today then.

Kenny Jackett's delight to capture Swansea's George Byers after double Portsmouth swoop

Source: The News, Portsmouth

The Swansea man arrives at Fratton Park in a loan deal until the season’s end, his signing secured on the same day Charlie Daniels’ move was confirmed.

Aged 24, Byers has made just one appearance for the Swans this season, in a campaign affected by injury.

Overall, his 65 outings and eight goals for the Welsh club have largely arrived in the Championship.

And he joins Andy Cannon, Tom Naylor, Ben Close and Harvey White in vying for a midfield spot.

Jackett told The News: ‘George Byers from Swansea improves our midfield options and is an attacking midfielder.

‘I am sure he can play as a 10, but also as one of the two midfield players.

‘We want to get each area as strong as we possibly can, like every club and every manager.

‘We have a lot of games and have a lot to play for and want to be as strong as we possibly can from one to 22.

‘George had a groin injury and has recovered from that and is okay. Going back before lockdown he had an ankle injury in February.

‘He’ll want to push our players, push his way into the tea and do well for Pompey, that’s his aim.’

b25lY21zOjc2OWEyNTVhLTY2MDYtNGQyOS05NDEzLWMzYzBmYjczZTFkZjpjZDljYjBlZC1jMGZjLTRjOTItYWIzOC0xZmJlYmE2MWVhYWM=.jpg

Paul Arriola stance revealed and George Byers exit explained as Swansea City chief opens up on transfer plans

Julian Winter has confirmed Paul Arriola features on Swansea City's transfer wish list.

However, the Swans' chief executive admits the club are not actively pursuing a deal for the versatile American at present.

Reports across the Atlantic recently suggested that Arriola would follow Seattle Sounders loanee Jordan Morris in making the move to the Liberty Stadium this month.

Club sources played down talk of a move for the 25-year-old to WalesOnline earlier in January.

And while Winter admits the DC United man has been mentioned as a potential recruit, he confirmed they are not in talks with the Major League Soccer outfit - who are co-owned by Swansea's co-owner Jason Levien - at present when it comes to a possible move for Arriola.

“He is a name on a list but we are not talking," told BBC Radio Wales.

Arriola has largely operated as a winger, although he can cover the right-back and right wing-back positions.

It comes after Swansea completed loan deals to bring Morris and Conor Hourihane to south Wales following the arrival of goalkeeper Ben Hamer from Huddersfield Town earlier this month.

And Winter admits it was vital that Swansea strengthened their squad this month following the departures of Morgan Gibbs-White, Kasey Palmer and Viktor Gyokeres.

“We had the three loan players that we lost. That’s always a risk when you loan players," he added.

“When the Jordan thing came up, similar to Conor, these things come up and you pursue them to the nth degree to make that happen and that’s what we have done.

“We are excited by both the loan players.”

Meanwhile, George Byers became the fourth player to leave Swansea this month as he joined Portsmouth on loan for the rest of the season.

The central midfielder's sole appearance this term came in the 2-0 FA Cup third round win over Stevenage after he missed the opening half of the campaign with a groin injury.

And Cooper felt Byers - whose Swansea contract runs through until the summer of 2022 - would benefit from getting regular minutes under his belt with the League One club.

"I think George needs games," said the Swans head coach.

"He's had a long time out with injury and he's finding it difficult to get minutes with us.

"He's one of our players, and it's important we don't lose a player for the future and I think, although it's always good to have George around, in the end, he needs to play games and we need him to play games.

"Hopefully he'll get that at Portsmouth. It won't be easy, they're doing well in the league, and we know Kenny Jackett, an experienced manager, will be demanding of George.

"Hopefully the loan works for him and he comes back in the summer having had a good number of games under his belt."

0_PA.jpg

Byers Delighted With Blues Move

Source: Portsmouth Official Site

eorge Byers did not have to think twice about making the move to Pompey.

The 23-year-old completed his loan switch on Saturday, with the Swansea midfielder remaining at Fratton Park for the rest of the season.

He had been in talks with Blues boss Kenny Jackett about heading to the south coast for a number of weeks.

And Byers was pleased to get the deal completed, so he can focus on trying to help his new side enjoy a successful campaign.

He said: “I had a call from my agent just before the transfer window opened to say that Pompey were interested.

“Then I had a good conversation with the manager and he told me where the club were looking to go, so I wanted to be a part of that.

“I spoke with Jamal Lowe before arriving and he only had good things to say. He loved his time here and obviously did very well.

“I’m happy that everything’s been sorted now and I can just concentrate on getting back to playing football again.

“I do a bit of everything in midfield – I like to create and score goals, but I can also do the dirty side of the game.”

Byers was a regular for his parent club last term, although missed their play-off defeat to Brentford through injury.

He said: “I learnt a lot of good things when I joined Swansea and they were in the Premier League, then stepped up to the plate when they were in the Championship.

“It’s a very good standard and I know Pompey have been there before, so now we need to get them back there.”

Large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H84s3EBrMeg&feature=emb_logo

Swansea93 said:
airedale said:
Pelli Ruddock not in the Luton squad v Chelsea today.

He started for Luton

Ffs, I read the articles about Pelli Ruddock in the articles, then stupidly checked to see if Pelli Ruddock was in the squad.

Report details why Arsenal failed in attempt to sign Newcastle-owned player

Source: The Boot Room

The Athletic has claimed that Arsenal failed in an attempt to sign Newcastle-owned goalkeeper Freddie Woodman this month – before completing a loan deal to bring in Mat Ryan from Brighton until the end of the season.

Woodman, 23, has starred on loan at Swansea for the past two seasons. Clocking up 69 appearances for the Championship side, the England Under-20 World Cup champion has kept an impressive 27 clean sheets.

His performances have not gone unnoticed. Arsenal have been strongly linked with the Toon academy product for some time, and The Athletic claims they made an approach to Newcastle to sign Woodman this month.

However, they failed in that attempt as their interest came after Newcastle’s potential recall clause in his loan deal had expired. It means that Woodman is to remain on loan at Swansea, and Arsenal have instead signed Ryan.

TBR’s view – Arsenal must revisit Woodman interest in summer

If they fail to agree a permanent deal for Ryan. Clearly, Ryan is happy to be at Arsenal even if it means he is to be the club’s second-choice goalkeeper – behind Bernd Leno. Alex Runarsson is expected to be sent on loan.

Australia international Ryan has made it clear he is a boyhood Arsenal fan, so a permanent deal is likely. But Woodman is a top goalkeeper with plenty of experience already – and counts as a homegrown member of the squad.

If a deal for Ryan falls through, Woodman must be signed in the summer.

GettyImages-1230395398.jpg

He'll have a big decision to make in the summer if we go up, back up keeper at Arsenal, permanent transfer to us if we're promoted or Newcastle offer him 1st choice should they stay up.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back