• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Official Planet Swans January 2021 Transfer Thread

Are you happy with our January transfer dealings?

• Yes

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Swansea93 said:
He'll have a big decision to make in the summer if we go up, back up keeper at Arsenal, permanent transfer to us if we're promoted or Newcastle offer him 1st choice should they stay up.

Whether we go up or not, I hope Andy Scott and his team have a list of goalkeeping targets ready to go. It would be unlikely that he'd choose us over Arsenal even if we do go up, that's if we can even compete financially with clubs like Arsenal to have a chance of signing him.

Not saying it is the Swans but an interesting read?

Exclusive: Club close to signing Wolves rising star after permission granted for talks

Source: Football Insider

An EFL club have been granted permission to hold talks with Wolves rising star Terry Taylor over a permanent move, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

This site broke the news earlier this month the midfielder was set to be recalled from a season-long loan spell at Grimsby Town and that was confirmed shortly after.

It had been expected at that stage that Taylor would head out on a new loan for the second half of the campaign, possibly to a League One club.

In a new twist, a Wolves source has told Football Insider the club have accepted an approach for the 19-year-old from an unnamed EFL side.

It is believed the Wales Under-21 international could now head permanently out of Molineux before the January window shuts in a week’s time.

He is a defensive midfielder also capable of dropping back and slotting in at centre-back.

The teenager impressed EFL clubs with his performances in League Two for loan club Grimsby in the opening half of the campaign.

He made 11 league starts as he made an impressive fist of his first extended spell of first-team football.

Taylor has a contract with Wolves that runs until the summer of 2022.

He arrived at the Midlands giants from Aberdeen in the summer of 2019 and was handed his first-team debut in October of the same year in Wolves’ 2-1 defeat to Aston Villa in the Carabao Cup.

His performances for James Collins’ Under-23 side saw him put pen-to-paper on a fresh deal last summer.

Scotland-born Taylor has played four times for Wales Under-21s and has trained with the senior side on occasion.

48705861_590x405.jpg

Swansea City's George Byers opens up on injury hell, his weeks-long talks with Steve Cooper and what's left him 'absolutely gutted' at Portsmouth

Source: Wales Online

Swansea City's George Byers has opened up on his injury nightmare of the last 12 months after he secured a loan move to League One side Portsmouth.

The midfielder has barely played over the course of the last year after ankle then groin injuries hampered his progression in SA1.

Now back to full fitness after a number of setbacks, the 24-year-old is hoping to make a fresh start on the south coast with former Swans boss Kenny Jackett at the helm.

The groin injury, which required surgery, and his subsequent rehabilitation took its toll on the Scottish star mentally. The setbacks, he said, were particularly hard to deal with.

Asked how tough the last year or so has been with injuries, Byers told our colleagues at HampshireLive: "Very hard.

"I have been injured before, I did my ankle and I was out for three months but it was nothing compared to that, it was different and this time was definitely tougher, mentally more than anything.

"Having so many setbacks throughout the course of my injury was the tough thing. I wanted to get to a good point and then obviously having setbacks which always puts a downer on things and makes you think. I am here now, I’m fit and I’m ready to kick on and really play this season.

"I had double groin surgery so it was not the easiest of injuries to come back from itself but a lot of rehab, and a lot of strengthening and getting back on the pitch. It got to a point where I was just taking it one step at a time and not looking too far ahead because of the setbacks I was having. With any injury, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and I finally got there in the end."

In Byers' absence, Swansea have been going great guns. They started the campaign with a bang and currently sit second in the Championship standings. With the arrival of Conor Hourihane on loan from Aston Villa, Steve Cooper is stocked for options in the middle of the park and Byers admitted Swansea's good form played into his decision to head out on loan.

His lengthy talks with Cooper then made up his mind.

He said: "You have always got to get that kind of say from the manager to say whether you can go or not and coming back from injury my first ambitions were to get back into the Swansea team first and foremost, but with the team doing really well at the moment and up in second in the Championship, that was always going to be tough.

"As I spoke to him over the weeks gone by, we both agreed that getting out and getting games was the best thing for me and getting back to playing consistently."

The deal to take Byers to Fratton Park was announced on Saturday.

He spoke about the influence of team-mate Jamal Lowe over the move south, with Lowe giving him a glowing reference of a place he called home for two-and-a-half years.

"I did speak to him a little bit, told him about the move and stuff and he kind of lit up a bit and couldn’t say a bad word about the club," Byers said of Lowe's role in the move.

"He spoke really highly of it. He done really well here, moved to Wigan and done really well there and is doing well at Swansea now which is great for him.

"He’s a great lad, I get on really well with him and I couldn’t speak highly enough of the club, which helped me."

0_GettyImages-1199493657.jpg

Swanseaborn said:
Joe Lewis on a permanent to Tourquay, was in loan there last year

JOE LEWIS MAKES TORQUAY UNITED TRANSFER

Source: Swansea Official Site

Swansea City defender Joe Lewis has completed a move to Torquay United, subject to international clearance.

The defender had a stint on loan with the current National League leaders last season, and now joins on a permanent basis.

Lewis, 21, first joined the Swans at the age of seven and was due to be out of contract in the summer of 2021.

Everyone at Swansea City wishes Joe every success in his future career.

Joe%20Lewis%2016x7.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: BRIGHTON AND SWANSEA CITY REMAIN INTERESTED IN SIGNING 21-YEAR-OLD

Source: Football League World

Brighton and Swansea City are among the clubs still interested in in-demand MK Dons defender Matthew Sorinola, sources have exclusively informed Football League World.

The 19-year-old has turned heads with his performances for the League club this season, with a significant number of Championship and Premier League teams monitoring him.

Sources have exclusively informed Football League World that Swansea and Brighton are among the sides still interested in the teenager.

FLW understands that the Seagulls have been so impressed by the defender that they feel he could have similar potential to Tariq Lamptey – who has been one of their breakout stars in the Premier League this season.

MK Dons are hoping that Sorinola decides to remain at the club for at least one more year to continue to develop in an environment that has been working well for him.

The defender, who has featured on both flanks for the Dons this term, made his debut last term and has broken into Russell Martin’s senior side in the 2020/21 campaign – adding one goal and two assists in his 25 appearances so far.

Sorinola penned a contract extension with the League One club in December 2019.

Ahead of the January transfer window, the teenager was linked with the likes of Crystal Palace, Leeds United, West Ham United, and West Bromwich Albion, among others.

His next chance to impress looks set to come in MK Dons’ clash with rivals Wimbledon at Plough Lane on Saturday.

2021-01-16T152201Z_161048819_UP1EH1G16OPAH_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-PTU-MKD-REPORT.jpg

It seems like we've completely stopped looking to Europe for signings.

If we're concentrating on British clubs, then signing young promising players with potential high sell-on value seems like the sensible way to go. It worked for Scott at Brentford after all.

JackSomething said:
It seems like we've completely stopped looking to Europe for signings.

If we're concentrating on British clubs, then signing young promising players with potential high sell-on value seems like the sensible way to go. It worked for Scott at Brentford after all.

Largely down to Brexit.

Waiting until Sunday suggests he's a back up option and we're hoping something better may transpire

Billy Gilmour allowed out on loan for six months

Exclusive: Bristol City to battle Stoke City and Swansea City for Aston Villa striker Keinan Davis

Source: Bristol Live

Bristol City are open to strengthening their squad before the end of the January transfer window if they can find the right player.

The Robins are nicely positioned to attack the upper echelons of the Championship with almost half the season to play with players such as Joe Williams, Jamie Paterson and Steven Sessegnon on the cusp of rejoining match day squads again, but City may yet look to bring in a new recruit before Monday's 11pm transfer window deadline.

CEO Mark Ashton explained earlier in the week that there are 'irons in the fire' and that City could recruit in the next few days.

And Bristol Live understands that one of those is Aston Villa's Keinan Davis, who may be allowed to leave Villa Park on loan.

Villa are yet to make a final decision on Davis' immediate future and the striker came on in the 89th minute of their 3-2 loss to Burnley on Wednesday evening.

Before last night's game the former Biggleswade Town spearhead had played just 47 minutes of Premier League football this campaign.

Dean Holden maintains a great relationship with Dean Smith and it is hoped that it may lend itself to sending the player to the West Country and to augment the Robins for the final months of the 2020/21 season, where Davis' power and pace would be a very handy weapon.

Smith was asked on Davis' future earlier this week, and stopped just short of maintaining that the forward would remain with the Villans for the rest of the campaign.

“They are valuable members of my squad [Davis and former City goalkeeper Tom Heaton],” Smith told Birmingham Live.

“At the moment, Keinan Davis is our first centre forward substitute for Ollie Watkins."

However that might change if Wesley Moraes proves his fitness after a long-term knee injury, or Villa recruit themselves. The Brazilian sustained cruciate ligament damage in his knee after opening the scoring in Villa's 2-1 Premier League win at Turf Moor last January 2020, but has now rejoined first-team training.

Villa are believed to be open to sending out Davis on loan, who grabbed an assist in the 0-3 Carabao Cup win at Ashton Gate back in September, as long as they have cover.

And Davis' own thoughts could yet hold sway, with former Villa striker Emile Heskey recently advising the 6ft3 atttacker to get out and play minutes elsewhere to improve his game and further his career.

"The problem is getting the deal done, it can be nine-tenths done and at the last something can happen, but we will look at the market and if the right one comes up that Dean wants, as ever Steve is consulted and always supportive. If we can get the right one then we do something," explained Ashton in a radio interview with BBC Radio Bristol on Monday evening.

Stoke City, Swansea City and Bournemouth have all recently been credited with an interest in the forward and the competition is fierce.

Meanwhile, Bristol City do not currently hold an interest in Tom Pearce of Wigan as has been reported, as things stand, though injuries could change that.

0_JS225963707.jpg

thefranchise said:
A4Jack said:
Billy Gilmour allowed out on loan for six months

Where would he fit?

You'd have to drop Fulton and rotate him and Gilmour, from what I've seen of Gilmour he looks top class.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back