• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Is the vaccine safe ?

sainthelens said:
The powers that be have us by the bollox. Saying they wont force anyone to have it, but just watch...passes/passport etc etc will be required for you to do anything that involves going anywhere/enjoying yourself in the future.

Na the Bill Gates microchip in the vaccine will take care of all that

Monty said:
Jack2jack said:
I'm assuming that you sign something before you have the jab, if you suffer any sort of detrimental side affects, or die as a result, there'll be no comebacks on anyone else. Let's hope it's 100% safe.

Nothing is 100% safe

It's like saying no way am I having this surgery that could save my life because I could die during the procedure. It's such a dull argument.
Its not a dull argument, and its because of that, many wont be entertaining having the vaccine. Its a choice you see. Ive already spoken to many folk who have already decided not to have it. Its all down to the individual.

Jack2jack said:
Monty said:
Nothing is 100% safe

It's like saying no way am I having this surgery that could save my life because I could die during the procedure. It's such a dull argument.
Its not a dull argument, and its because of that, many wont be entertaining having the vaccine. Its a choice you see. Ive already spoken to many folk who have already decided not to have it. Its all down to the individual.

It is all down to the individual, absolutely. As long as the individual accepts that making a selfish decision like that has consequences, which will probably involve being able to do less than others who have taken the vaccine. If you're happy to accept continuing to wear a mask in public places, not going on holiday and so on, then all power to you.

As long as you don't endanger anyone else as a result of your decision, I have no problem with that. Something tells me the no vaccine brigade will be unhappy with that though...

JackSomething said:
Jack2jack said:

It is all down to the individual, absolutely. As long as the individual accepts that making a selfish decision like that has consequences, which will probably involve being able to do less than others who have taken the vaccine. If you're happy to accept continuing to wear a mask in public places, not going on holiday and so on, then all power to you.

As long as you don't endanger anyone else as a result of your decision, I have no problem with that. Something tells me the no vaccine brigade will be unhappy with that though...

18 months from now all the anti vaxxers are going to be the only ones on lockdown :D

Anti vax nonsense shouldn't be tolerated on this messageboard. It's misinformation which could get people killed.

https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1336245172221472769

JackSomething said:
Jack2jack said:

Im not advocating folk shouldnt have the vaccine, ive said all along its up to the individual, its your right to choose simple, its nothing to make a big deal about.
Do you drive a car? Do you know the dangers to other folk whilst your doing it!
Im not anti vaccination, is that clear.

Jack2jack said:
JackSomething said:

Im not advocating folk shouldnt have the vaccine, ive said all along its up to the individual, its your right to choose simple, its nothing to make a big deal about.

It sounds like we're broadly in agreement. I absolutely agree that no-one should be forced to take the vaccine. But anyone who makes that choice should be willing to accept restrictions on what they can do and where they can go.

Choosing not to take the vaccination and then going back to pre-Covid 'normal life' means seriously endangering others who are medically unable to receive the vaccine and (ironically) are those likely to be most at risk. Seeing as pre-Covid polling showed that approximately 48% of people think unvaccinated children should not be allowed to attend state schools, I'm fairly confident that the majority of the population would agree that people who choose not to be vaccinated should be subject to certain restrictions.

You seem rational on that, but we know there are plenty who are going to want to have their cake and eat it; not get vaccinated and yet still be allowed to do whatever they want.

Edited to say: Apologies, but I think I'm missing your point on the car analogy. Yes I drive a car and am aware of the dangers to others while doing it. That's why I took a driving test, have car insurance and have an MOT on my car every year. So I accept those restrictions for the right to drive a car legally.

Jack2jack said:
JackSomething said:

I didn’t choose simple, it sort of happened naturally.

airedale said:
Jack2jack said:

I didn’t choose simple, it sort of happened naturally.
Yeah sorry, I missed out some punctuation.

JackSomething said:
Jack2jack said:

It sounds like we're broadly in agreement. I absolutely agree that no-one should be forced to take the vaccine. But anyone who makes that choice should be willing to accept restrictions on what they can do and where they can go.

Choosing not to take the vaccination and then going back to pre-Covid 'normal life' means seriously endangering others who are medically unable to receive the vaccine and (ironically) are those likely to be most at risk. Seeing as pre-Covid polling showed that approximately 48% of people think unvaccinated children should not be allowed to attend state schools, I'm fairly confident that the majority of the population would agree that people who choose not to be vaccinated should be subject to certain restrictions.

You seem rational on that, but we know there are plenty who are going to want to have their cake and eat it; not get vaccinated and yet still be allowed to do whatever they want.

Edited to say: Apologies, but I think I'm missing your point on the car analogy. Yes I drive a car and am aware of the dangers to others while doing it. That's why I took a driving test, have car insurance and have an MOT on my car every year. So I accept those restrictions for the right to drive a car legally.
On the car thing, probably a daft analogy, i always seem to make them with cars. That's great you have passed your test have insurance MOT etc, but all that still does not mean that one day you won't kill someone, and or ruin someone's life. On the other hand Someone without all that, insurance, MOT etc, could potentially go through their whole life driving and not affect anyone. there is an element of risk in everything, even if you are covered and are extremely careful.
Look i do broadly agree with you on certain aspects, however, we may never agree on other aspects.
I respect your points of view.

Monty said:
JackSomething said:

18 months from now all the anti vaxxers are going to be the only ones on lockdown :D

Imagine that! Whilst we will be in a sunny beer garden they will be stuck at home. Phuck 'em

I wonder if Bill’s chip will have any noticeable physical effects?

Perhaps all Vaccinees will be walking around looking like Ebo’s avatar.

airedale said:
I wonder if Bill’s chip will have any noticeable physical effects?

Perhaps all Vaccinees will be walking around looking like Ebo’s avatar.

I did enjoy the tweet I saw about how the first woman to get the vaccine missed a trick by not making the Windows boot up sound immediately afterwards.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back