• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Swansea City v Bristol City Match Thread

What will the result be against Bristol City

• Swans win

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Bristol City win

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Darran said:
Blimey i just looked at the table and there’s a slim chance we could be down to 20th by 3pm Sunday afternoon. 👀

We had a huge GD advantage over the scum until recently. Big 6 goal swing this week has fvcked that.

Chief said:
Darran said:
Blimey i just looked at the table and there’s a slim chance we could be down to 20th by 3pm Sunday afternoon. 👀

We had a huge GD advantage over the scum until recently. Big 6 goal swing this week has fvcked that.

And all of the above is why Russ needs a big performance and result Sunday. The weather may have a say with the former but by fck does he/we need a big response. He's making the right noises (again) last few days.....just get it done yeah.

Peterborough away... if we lose that its time to start getting anxious. By the way I just looked at our next 3 fixtures after today... :lol:. Peterborough have Reading Derby and Hull coming up. Things could look very different by the time we play each other.
We are not safe by any means. 50 points is the goal.

And just so we are all clear.
I'm not all surprised by what is happening. What I don't understand is why so many people thought Martin would just walk in here and wave a magic wand and we become Swansalona again. It was never going to happen, how ever much we willed it so.

Captain_Sham said:
And just so we are all clear.
I'm not all surprised by what is happening. What I don't understand is why so many people thought Martin would just walk in here and wave a magic wand and we become Swansalona again. It was never going to happen, how ever much we willed it so.

Anyone who thought that was going to happen was being a bit silly or was just being wildly optimistic. It was always going to be a long process, with absolutely no guarantee of success.

Given the losses in the squad since last season, we were unlikely to be challenging for promotion no matter who the manager was. Early on we were inconsistent which was to be expected, but there were signs of how Martin wanted us to play.

Then we had that run in October/November, winning 5 out of 8 games including Cardiff, WBA and away at then high-flying Coventry. It felt like it was beginning to click into place and we'd kick on. It's fallen apart from there so I can understand why people (outside the usual drama queens and trolls) are disappointed.

Martin's going nowhere though, so let's hope he finds the adjustments needed again.

My expectations were mid table, if I'm being honest, anything better was a bonus. I'm beginning to think that anything above the RZ and mid table would suffice. We need a win and a performance tomorrow, big time.👍

I think the bottom three are going to struggle to get more than the 35 points that we have in the bag…

J_B said:
I think the bottom three are going to struggle to get more than the 35 points that we have in the bag…

Yeah. If any of Barnsley, Peterborough and Reading get to 40 points I’d be amazed. They’d have to get double what they’ve got in 2/3rds of the season in the last third. Derby might come close I suppose.

J_B said:

Absolutely. Someone said we need 50 points 🤣. So Peterborough who have 20 from 29 will get 31 from 17. 3 more points would certainly seal safety. Let’s get them tomorrow. Then double against scum and improve our play significantly. Job done.

I think we will get 50 points plus too. Unless we repeat Tuesday too often.

JackFish said:
J_B said:

Yeah. If any of Barnsley, Peterborough and Reading get to 40 points I’d be amazed. They’d have to get double what they’ve got in 2/3rds of the season in the last third. Derby might come close I suppose.

Derby won’t get 40 points. If they still exist.

monmouth said:
JackSomething said:
Martin's going nowhere

You might want to rephrase that 🤣

:lol:

I didn't notice that unintentional double meaning. Still, it means I can claim to be right no matter what happens, like some of our more infamous trolls over the years who are never wrong!

3 games in hand over Birmingham, who are 1 point above us, 2 games in hand over Bristol City who are two points above us, 2 games in hand over Hull City who are 3 points below us… no need to panic, yet.

Lifelong said:
3 games in hand over Birmingham, who are 1 point above us, 2 games in hand over Bristol City who are two points above us, 2 games in hand over Hull City who are 3 points below us… no need to panic, yet.

3 points ahead of the Welsh branch of Loans R Us, with a game to play.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back