• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The EFL Championship Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Birmingham City | The Swansea.com Stadium

What will the result be against Birmingham City?

• Swans win

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Birmingham win

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackharris

Staff member
Reaction score
IMG-4256.jpg

IMG-4293.jpg

IMG-4299.jpg

IMG-3730.jpg

IMG-4273.jpg

IMG-3768.jpg

IMG-4281.jpg

IMG-3769.jpg

IMG-4258.jpg

IMG-4153.jpg

IMG-4298.jpg

Can't believe the season is on us again already, not sure where 2 months have gone :lol:
Going into this quietly confident in the "new process" and equal parts hope and trepidation with so many changes

Will be a tough game no doubt, they’ve made some good signings this year Birmingham, I’m sure they’ve sold their away allocation out too, looking forward to seeing how we are.

We’ll crush these brumsters. We owe them it for russendering twice last season.

I fancy Birmingham to be near the top of the table this season… they’ve made some quality signings.

Will be an interesting marker to see where we’re at.

I really expect us to be all over the shop as I think it'll take time to bed in the new system and team, anything else will be a bonus. Come on ewe jacks

Hope it’s a better game than the last time I saw this fixture: top division, December between Xmas and NY 1982 (I think). Birmingham, managed by Ron Saunders, absolutely parked the bus. 0-0. Massive boos at the end, and Saunders (sacked by Villa not long before) hunched as he walked into the tunnel and almost smiled, as the anti-crowd pleaser he was. He was probably in a double sulk because Villa won the European Cup after he left and he was in a sh1t job.

So far we go into a game where most of the squad have been together for a few seasons and a long serving core. Not wanting to tempt fate so will agree, nil nil, final result. Mr Not So Nice.

More chance of picking 6 winning lotto numbers than predicting the outcome of this. Tho some are worried that Brum have made signings, they've not really impressed apparently in pre season. But after last season's injury time capitulation, would love us to stick it on em.
Piroe could well be the difference here.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I really expect us to be all over the shop as I think it'll take time to bed in the new system and team, anything else will be a bonus. Come on ewe jacks

I think you're right, although it could be the same for them as they'll also have lots of new players. Same manager though which may give them an advantage.

Regardless of the result I will be happy to see intent and hunger from the players and manager.
While I obviously want a Swans win an idea of the direction we are going in with the first game with something at stake matters more.

https://twitter.com/swansnews/status/1687086317329354753

Sitting this one out. Took the usual annual gamble of booking holidays whilst in the hope of an away day first up, and duly lost. Good luck to those who will be in attendance, a new era and a new process is upon us. I will be taking it all in from a local taverna or the poolside bar.

@jackharris, is that predictions table a genuine Opta output? I would have Brum placed higher than what they are.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back