• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

US Election results thread

JackSomething said:
Dr. Winston said:
Biden is still likely to be facing a hostile Senate. That could make his first couple of years a struggle, although it's probably fair to say at least half of that will be clearing up the Covid situation.

The 2022 mid terms will be fun.

I posted something similar earlier.

This election may not be that bad for the Republican party even if, as looks likely, Biden wins. He's going to have to deal with Covid and the economic fallout for a while, the Democrats look to have underperformed yesterday in Senate and House elections, there's the threat of a split in the party between the moderate and left-wing elements, plus they will have a President who seems very unlikely to be seeking re-election, meaning they'll need a new candidate.

Add that to the policies Trump enacted, or at least the amount of Obama policies he managed to reverse/wind-back, plus putting 3 conservative justices on the Supreme Court, I'd still be pretty chipper if I was a Republican. Get themselves a good candidate for 2024 and they could be looking at a very good situation.

Yeah but Trump lost (or at least it’s looking that way). Let us have this ffs. And regardless, the Dems will be running the White House and the House. I doubt you’ll find too many Republicans feeling chipper at that prospect.

So. Haven’t posted for weeks as have been too busy. Finally reached the light at the end of the tunnel this week just in time for a late nighter watching the results and to catch up on here with what’s been going on.

Looking pretty likely that Biden has won. Unbelievably close though, albeit it may end up far less close than it appeared both in electoral college and popular vote.

Trump behaving with his usual lack of grace of course.

Seriously though, what a choice. Surely two better candidates can emerge next time. Obviously I want Biden to win but really only because he’s not Trump. And the Supremes need fixing so its a vital win.
Where are the younger, more talented candidates on both sides? Its a shocking indictment.

exiledclaseboy said:
JackSomething said:

This election may not be that bad for the Republican party even if, as looks likely, Biden wins. He's going to have to deal with Covid and the economic fallout for a while, the Democrats look to have underperformed yesterday in Senate and House elections, there's the threat of a split in the party between the moderate and left-wing elements, plus they will have a President who seems very unlikely to be seeking re-election, meaning they'll need a new candidate.

Add that to the policies Trump enacted, or at least the amount of Obama policies he managed to reverse/wind-back, plus putting 3 conservative justices on the Supreme Court, I'd still be pretty chipper if I was a Republican. Get themselves a good candidate for 2024 and they could be looking at a very good situation.

Yeah but Trump lost (or at least it’s looking that way). Let us have this ffs. And regardless, the Dems will be running the White House and the House. I doubt you’ll find too many Republicans feeling chipper at that prospect.

Ha, yeah sorry. I'm chuffed the orange-faced baboon looks like he's on his way out, just fascinated as how the next four years will look.

Londonlisa2001 said:
So. Haven’t posted for weeks as have been too busy. Finally reached the light at the end of the tunnel this week just in time for a late nighter watching the results and to catch up on here with what’s been going on.

Looking pretty likely that Biden has won. Unbelievably close though, albeit it may end up far less close than it appeared both in electoral college and popular vote.

Seriously though, what a choice. Surely two better candidates can emerge next time. Obviously I want Biden to win but really only because he’s not Trump. And the Supremes need fixing so its a vital win.
Where are the younger, more talented candidates on both sides? Its a shocking indictment.

Good to see you back Lisa, hope you are ok.

Btw are you going to post on the other site 😁

JackSomething said:

A lot of people thought that the 2008 election wasn't a bad one to lose given the fallout from the banking crash but Obama negotiated that pretty well and won a second term. Could probably have been three Dem wins in a row if they hadn't picked Hilary in 2016.

For me a lot depends on how Kamala Harris performs. Normally VP is a bit of a non job but given Biden's age she's clearly been selected for grooming with an eye on running as the Presidential candidate in 2028, maybe even sooner. If she can "get over" to put it in wrestling terms then they've got a chance to make some big changes if they can swing the Senate.

Fireboy said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Good thanks. Just been mega busy.

No. I don’t think I will. I had a quick peak earlier today and I see that Dimi is back. Funny though it is to engage Dimi from time to time I’m knackered from the past few weeks so can’t be bothered at the moment. I did skim read the presidential thread on there and laughed quite a few times.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Fireboy said:

No. I don’t think I will. I had a quick peak earlier today and I see that Dimi is back. Funny though it is to engage Dimi from time to time I’m knackered from the past few weeks so can’t be bothered at the moment. I did skim read the presidential thread on there and laughed quite a few times.

That's exactly what I do, I engaged with him recently re a swans query, even though I explained myself clearly early on he kept coming back, well I learned my lesson 🤣

Congratulations to Susan Collins on retaining her Senate seat. It's a shame as it probably knackers any hopes of the Democrats taking control of the Senate, but she seems like a proper politician from the little I know about her. Willing to cross party lines when she believes it is right to do so. Very different to the majority on both sides these days who blindly do what they're told by the House Majority/Minority Leaders.

https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/1324082248329646094

Londonlisa2001 said:
Fireboy said:

I don't think you're missing much even apart from that crackpot. I had a quick look at who was online during the match at the weekend, and there were 9 users (well 8 excluding me). It doesn't seem to serve much purpose now other than for the very few that feel happy there and don't want the change.The new mod seems to be putting in a lot of effort though; he just needs an audience.

https://twitter.com/raywert/status/1324073545912209413

Trump has won Pennsylvania. Well he hasn’t, although he might, but he seems to be working on the basis that if he says it out loud it’ll come true.

Such a farce.

The full counting process doesn't end until December I believe, what we see now are only projections, and usually one of the candidates packs it in, before that point.

Trump is now requesting a recount in Wisconsin, so he'll have to wait until December 1st.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back