• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

A womens right to access abortion destroyed by the US Supreme Court

Professor said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
Why?

Genuinely. Why is the decision to ignore the rights of half the population on the whim of an increasingly authoritarian bunch of ‘religious’ nutjobs understandable in Texas?

It’s nonsense.

Look, this is just an anonymous football forum. But actually that’s not an excuse for not calling out abhorrence when you see it.

The decision made by the Supreme Court which has allowed the legislation that will now be brought in places like Texas is not one that should be excused or forgiven.

I note on this thread that Tummer has said he has the facts in his side. Yet refuses to state what they are.

Now I for one am more than happy to have a discussion about those ‘facts’. Because I am calling bullshit.

Because fundamental evangelical sky faerie worship is well established?

I don’t disagree but calling Tummer out here is the least of it Lisa.

A Personal view of course.

I think we, and thankfully most in here, are on board agreement as to what this is. As to what the U.K. ‘Bill it Rights’ is trying to drive. These are dark times.

Fully agree prof. I was sickened at lords and tory mp's gleefully tweeting their approval last night. Many of these are also against same sex marriages. It seems whatever America does we seem to follow too and we must be vigilant and fight this before it gets any traction. I hope those constituents of MP's mentioned keep that in the back of their mind come election time. Another decade of these and the UK will really be a rogue state not trusted by anyone.

Professor said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
Why?

Genuinely. Why is the decision to ignore the rights of half the population on the whim of an increasingly authoritarian bunch of ‘religious’ nutjobs understandable in Texas?

It’s nonsense.

Look, this is just an anonymous football forum. But actually that’s not an excuse for not calling out abhorrence when you see it.

The decision made by the Supreme Court which has allowed the legislation that will now be brought in places like Texas is not one that should be excused or forgiven.

I note on this thread that Tummer has said he has the facts in his side. Yet refuses to state what they are.

Now I for one am more than happy to have a discussion about those ‘facts’. Because I am calling bullshit.

I think we, and thankfully most in here, are on board agreement as to what this is. As to what the U.K. ‘Bill it Rights’ is trying to drive. These are dark times.

Yes, it’s well established, but that doesn’t make it understandable. The issue in developing countries is lack of education as well as money and access to anything. People put a lower value on human life because they have to. Texas isn’t a developing country with no access to education. People aren’t illiterate with the church being their only form of education. They have no excuse for believing this nonsense.
And actually they don’t. Other laws in Texas at completely contradictory to their new trigger law on abortion. Even the abortion law itself is contradictory ffs. It’s not that they think this stuff is actually the will of God, it is simply a bullshit justification for their misogyny and hatred of all things ‘leftist’.

My reference to Tummer was simply to say to him that if he thinks the facts are on his side, let’s hear them.

I hadn’t mentioned him other than that. I long ago realised that some of his views are genuinely abhorrent and that he is a truly nasty piece of work. So I generally don’t engage with him.

Ebo said:
Professor said:

Fully agree prof. I was sickened at lords and tory mp's gleefully tweeting their approval last night. Many of these are also against same sex marriages. It seems whatever America does we seem to follow too and we must be vigilant and fight this before it gets any traction. I hope those constituents of MP's mentioned keep that in the back of their mind come election time. Another decade of these and the UK will really be a rogue state not trusted by anyone.

As I understand it there was one Tory MP - the religious nut job from Blackpool (who will not be against same sex marriage as he’s in one) and one Tory Lord. The MP very quickly deleted his post.

I wouldn’t turn this party political here to be honest as there are also Labour MPs who are part of think tanks that wish to ban abortion. As dreadful as this government is, most of them have stated their horror at such a policy (a Johnson is certainly not going to do anything given his personal circumstances on this, let’s be honest).
Any move n this country towards any sort of religious based policy making would last a nano second. Even the DUP (who are the closest to this) have realised they are on the wrong side of this politically. Most right wing commentators (Hartley Brewer for example) have stated their horror at what the US is doing.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Professor said:

Yes, it’s well established, but that doesn’t make it understandable. The issue in developing countries is lack of education as well as money and access to anything. People put a lower value on human life because they have to. Texas isn’t a developing country with no access to education. People aren’t illiterate with the church being their only form of education. They have no excuse for believing this nonsense.
And actually they don’t. Other laws in Texas at completely contradictory to their new trigger law on abortion. Even the abortion law itself is contradictory ffs. It’s not that they think this stuff is actually the will of God, it is simply a bullshit justification for their misogyny and hatred of all things ‘leftist’.

My reference to Tummer was simply to say to him that if he thinks the facts are on his side, let’s hear them.

I hadn’t mentioned him other than that. I long ago realised that some of his views are genuinely abhorrent and that he is a truly nasty piece of work. So I generally don’t engage with him.
We will also both know that Texas, like Georgia and the Carolina’s are changing with more liberal and dare I say educated urban populations. This is part of a wider power grab to cling on to GOP control

I see the right wing mantra ‘Facts, not feelings
A lot. However facts seem to hurt their feelings. And woe
Betide asking about the veracity of their ‘facts’.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Ebo said:

As I understand it there was one Tory MP - the religious nut job from Blackpool (who will not be against same sex marriage as he’s in one) and one Tory Lord. The MP very quickly deleted his post.

I wouldn’t turn this party political here to be honest as there are also Labour MPs who are part of think tanks that wish to ban abortion. As dreadful as this government is, most of them have stated their horror at such a policy (a Johnson is certainly not going to do anything given his personal circumstances on this, let’s be honest).
Any move n this country towards any sort of religious based policy making would last a nano second. Even the DUP (who are the closest to this) have realised they are on the wrong side of this politically. Most right wing commentators (Hartley Brewer for example) have stated their horror at what the US is doing.

Was going to make the point that Hartley Brewer and Alison Pearson had robustly condemned this. There are supporters, but I hope we are mature enough around religion

It’s not about religion. That’s a smokescreen. It’s about control, misogyny and hate.

exiledclaseboy said:
It’s not about religion. That’s a smokescreen. It’s about control, misogyny and hate.
There is a lot of control going on atm, you just need to look around you. Just saying.

exiledclaseboy said:

And,if I may add one, it’s about ‘winning’.

Almost the most vomit inducing part of some of the discussion on social media has been the gloating. It’s the whole ‘bucket of leftist tears’ view. Suck it up lefties. Same as the suck it up remoaner argument here. It’s about beating people that, let’s be honest, make some of these religious right wingers feel stupid.

Londonlisa2001 said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Almost the most vomit inducing part of some of the discussion on social media has been the gloating. It’s the whole ‘bucket of leftist tears’ view. Suck it up lefties. Same as the suck it up remoaner argument here. It’s about beating people that, let’s be honest, make some of these religious right wingers feel stupid.

That famous incel Paul Joseph Watson is pretty much doing what you posted Lisa. I don't advocate violence but I would love to have a pop at him.

Ebo said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

That famous incel Paul Joseph Watson is pretty much doing what you posted Lisa. I don't advocate violence but I would love to have a pop at him.

Plenty of gloating and Paul Joseph Watson on Tummers twitter timeline.

This is of course the same Paul Joseph Watson who was revealed to have been recorded saying “wipe Jews off the face of the earth” as well as “media f****t activists” sticking signs “up in my face trying to get me to join the gay f****t Palestinian cause. I don’t give a shit about Israel and Palestine. I care about white people. Not sand n****r Jew P**i f****t c**ns”.

But then if you point out he’s a racist for repeatedly sharing the content from borderline Nazis that makes you a Nazi in his totally fucking perverted world.

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/05/06/wipe-jews-off-the-face-of-the-earth-racism-and-antisemitic-slurs-of-viral-youtuber-exposed/

BrynCartwright said:
Firstly
..this repugnant decision is a hugely retrograde step for US women. It is barbaric in its ignorance. I am at least consoled that there is no way that educated US people will allow this travesty to pollute left leaning Liberal states.
Secondly
..how outdated is the Supreme Court member structure...and its election system?..to allow a mentally deficient President to pick hideously biased replacements to deceased members in a tiny membership is patently wrong, as is giving them ultimate legal power in the first place.

I just do not comprehend the stupidity of vast segments of the US populace with itheir gun toting, Bible bashing, xenophobia.

The world is fckd.

The selection processes for judges in the US, as you say is political, it will always create problems.

“Abortion is always wrong” I read elsewhere just now. Jesus. What a world we live in.

exiledclaseboy said:
“Abortion is always wrong” I read elsewhere just now. Jesus. What a world we live in.

The usual suspects.

exiledclaseboy said:

Says it all about elsewhere.
It’s absolutely repugnant.
The bloke that posted it is a vile homophobic racist being given a platform to spout his bile,Sir John can go f*ck himself too.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back