• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Drakeford & Gething

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Loves a freebie.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jan/04/welsh-first-minister-mark-drakeford-criticised-world-cup-hotel-qatar

Political 'whataboutery' at its finest. Where do the critics expect the head of the Welsh government to stay on an official visit? Ali Baba's B&B in an alley behind the souk?
It's all in the public domain.
Maybe he should have ripped off the NHS with dodgy protective clothing during covid instead, then he'd be heading to the House of Lords.

Pegojack said:
Political 'whataboutery' at its finest. Where do the critics expect the head of the Welsh government to stay on an official visit? Ali Baba's B&B in an alley behind the souk?
It's all in the public domain.
Maybe he should have ripped off the NHS with dodgy protective clothing during covid instead, then he'd be heading to the House of Lords.

He couldn’t really win either way - by staying here or going - what is more disappointing is the weasel wording of the FOI response.

Hypocrites. Of course they'll justify the trip and flim flam, they're reasoning for making the trip. What a load of bollox, shameful. Before anyone replies, dont care.

A lot of bollox from the Welsh Liberals here. Wales at their first World Cup in decades and no representation from Government would have been odd. Mark et al recognised all the issues involved.

BrynCartwright said:
A lot of bollox from the Welsh Liberals here. Wales at their first World Cup in decades and no representation from Government would have been odd. Mark et al recognised all the issues involved.
Money talks though, doesn't it, and there in lies the problem with this corrupt world we find ourselves in. Not going to change, doesn't mean we have to accept it. ;)

Jack2jack said:
Money talks though, doesn't it, and there in lies the problem with this corrupt world we find ourselves in. Not going to change, doesn't mean we have to accept it. ;)

We certainly shouldn't accept corruption in our political leaders when it's uncovered. Struggling to understand what corruption is on display here though?

I’m not a fan of Drakers or Vaughan Gething, but I think it’s worth pointing out that members of the UK Government including at least 2 cabinet ministers also travelled to Qatar.

Given that Qatar and Exxon is investing several hundred million in Milford Haven in the next few years and looking to significantly expand the handling capability at South Hook (as well as $10bn in the US) it makes sense to look at the potential scope for further investment opportunities. Engaging with the Qataris to see if there are further opportunities makes sense. Names to faces personal relationships etc can go a long way. The WC is a huge event for Qatar and thinks like the FM and U.K. cabinet ministers attending he’s a long way.

JackSomething said:
We certainly shouldn't accept corruption in our political leaders when it's uncovered. Struggling to understand what corruption is on display here though?
Corruption can come in all guises.
Now if Dippy wants to corrupt himself by abandoning his principles fair enough. That's for him to square with himself.
I'm amazed that folk think it's ok, just because we were in the World Cup. No wonder we are fvcked.

Jack2jack said:
Now if Dippy wants to corrupt himself by abandoning his principles fair enough. That's for him to square with himself.
I'm amazed that folk think it's ok, just because we were in the World Cup. No wonder we are fvcked.

We're definitely not fucked because the professor went to Qatar, you can take that one to the bank.

Jack2jack said:

I can quite confidently say that the vast majority of those criticising Drakeford for going to Qatar would be hammering him for choosing not to go if he hadn't.

'Ignoring opportunities to promote Wales and develop business links because of his woke principles'. Something along those lines.

Neath_Jack said:
We're definitely not fucked because the professor went to Qatar, you can take that one to the bank.
I dont give a flying fvck who went to Qatar.So tell me, what's more important right now, human rights or promoting us as a Nation, this is where it all becomes a bit of a farce, all the big statements,all the white noise about protecting folk, equal rights, it's all bolloxs and why, because money talks. Human rights my a****.

JackSomething said:
I can quite confidently say that the vast majority of those criticising Drakeford for going to Qatar would be hammering him for choosing not to go if he hadn't.

'Ignoring opportunities to promote Wales and develop business links because of his woke principles'. Something along those lines.
I get what you're saying, but at the end of the day, are we taking issues like HR seriously or not, you cant just pick and choose to suit.👍

Jack2jack said:
I dont give a flying fvck who went to Qatar.So tell me, what's more important right now, human rights or promoting us as a Nation, this is where it all becomes a bit of a farce, all the big statements,all the white noise about protecting folk, equal rights, it's all bolloxs and why, because money talks. Human rights my a****.

Well you do, because you're swearing and all sorts about it :lol:

Both are important, and it is quite feasible to do the both of them.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back