• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

S22/23 The Official Swansea City v Blackpool Match Thread

What will the result be against Blackpool ?

• Swans win

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Blackpool win

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still convinced that that own goal has saved RM's job.

Honestly I would almost say that we won this in spite of RM rather than because of him and if I was the board I would still look to get rid. Just over a dozen games to get someone new in, bed in some ideas and decide what they want to do in the summer.

Yeah. Time for a change now. We need some new ideas and Martin needs a restart somewhere else to try again.

The shape we play is ugly too. That can go as well.

Hanging on there against 10 and winning via an own goal, 3pts but a shambles

Before the game I thought, I don’t care how we do it, I just want to win.
Think I’ve changed my mind. Is there such a thing as a bad win? If there is, that was it.

Phew. As usual completely open at the back. Whitaker has to start every game and maybe a few pass and move sessions in training where they are not allowed to pass backwards wouldn’t go amiss. Some shooting practice on sight around the box too.

Allergic2Hoof said:
Yeah. Time for a change now. We need some new ideas and Martin needs a restart somewhere else to try again.

The shape we play is ugly too. That can go as well.

Our squad positional balance is horribly squiffed because RM has clear favourites and seemingly hates certain others.

Quite why a club with only three fullbacks in the squad (and no realistic prospects to pull up from u21s) lets one of those fullbacks go out on loan is quite simply criminal. And that can only come because RM has clearly told the player and the board that he has no intentions to play Ogbeta.

Now we have two leftbacks, a centre half that RM insists is a fullback despite a total lack of pace, trickery and creativity and a fullback thats so old his legs are gone and has reinvented himself as a sweeper centre half.

In attack we have two strikers (Piroe and Cullen) and if stories are to be believed RM didn't even want Whittaker back to bolster his attacking midfield options alongside Cooper, Ntcham and Cundle.

Midfield we have four defensive midfielders (Walsh, Grimes, Allen, Fulton) - one of which has been injured since pre season and realistically we should only be playing a formation with one holding midfielder but again because of RM's playstyle and inability to man manage the squad we instead found ourselves playing 5-4-1 against the bottom of the league side who were playing with 10 men for half an hour and still almost blew it.

Well that was a 're-run of the Birmingham game.. Should have been 3 or 4 up at HT without playing particularly well. That save from Fisher kept it at 1-0. Second half what can you say. It's down to tactics but how can professional players get things so wrong. There is no playing in the front foot and determination to win games. It was pass the hot parcel with very limited teamwork. I've spent 90+ mins shouting at a TV out of frustration and disbelief.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back