• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

S22/23 The Official Swansea v Birmingham Match Thread

What will the result be against Birmingham City?

• Swans win

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Birmingham win

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
monmouth said:
The owners are totally incompetent, and make the wrong decision every single time, but I’m not unhappy in the general management of the club in trying to stay within our limits.

Our manager is gash and that is a much bigger issue. Unfortunately point one may make point two even worse when they try to pick another. Still need him out. He really is awful.

Didn’t you spend all your time complaining about Cooper as well. You’d probably find something wrong with Pep if he came here ;)

Although you’re not wrong really. We’ve gone from successively poorer managers plus weaker squad year on year. I think the owners are the bigger problem. Buck stops with them. They pick the manager and if he turns out to be sh*te they need to act.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
We lost our shape, composure and control mid-way through the second half. Not sure if that was the subs alone or we also ran out of steam. For some reason we were chasing the game leaving ourselves wide open even when 3-2 up.

Edit - just to add, B’ham started pressing after half time didn’t they. We hate that and didn’t deal with it well.

It's amazing that we finished weaker than a team that played 120 minutes on Tuesday after we had a full two weeks off.

exiledclaseboy said:
He should be sacked for that alone. It’s amateur.

I genuinely don’t understand what is going through his head. Toda6 showed up everything that’s wrong.

To add insult to injury I’ve now watched the searing examination of the owners posted on the Trust website. Emily Maitlis take note.

And ‘Jake’ has a bit of a temper doesn’t he. Little bit of a veiled threat going on there.

The interesting bit is when they say they went into the window wanting another forward, Whittaker back and keeping Obafemi. So we’re two down up front. Plus a right sided player, plus a keeper.

And the guff about players we’d agreed terms with and clubs we’d agreed terms with yet still didn’t come. And no question as to why?

What an absolute shambles. Top to bottom. Leaving the playing side alone they have also taken in the stadium, at huge cost and increased risk and for no particular reason, and taken the catering in-house with huge fanfare only to give it back to Compass a few months later.

I sympathised with Martin in his presser and in the programme notes - he’s obviously been shafted. But my sympathy disappears when stuff happens like this afternoon.

lidojack said:
It's amazing that we finished weaker than a team that played 120 minutes on Tuesday after we had a full two weeks off.

You could see it coming couldn’t you. Those guys with the big hair were running through our midfield like it wasn’t there (which it wasn’t)

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Didn’t you spend all your time complaining about Cooper as well. You’d probably find something wrong with Pep if he came here ;)

Although you’re not wrong really. We’ve gone from successively poorer managers plus weaker squad year on year. I think the owners are the bigger problem. Buck stops with them. They pick the manager and if he turns out to be sh*te they need to act.

Yes. Cooper bored the shit out of me. I thought any change woul help. It didn’t. I’ll be fair to Martin though, he didn’t have the parachute money to waste on staying in this league.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
You could see it coming couldn’t you. Those guys with the big hair were running through our midfield like it wasn’t there (which it wasn’t)

Watched Chong when he was on loan here in Bremen. Never really klicked because never got his link up play right. Individual speed merchant. Why on earth weren’t we aware of that threat? Weird considering Martin was a defender.

Either Manning or Wood should be sticking on Chong. Wood was going the wrong way. Manning was the wrong side of Chong. Both to blame.

Brum made some howlers and we should have been out of sight by half time.

Good to see Piroe and Cullen scoring and Jay made some good passes.

Martin made a huge blunder with the subs, Whitaker must be seething with his cameo.

monmouth said:
Well I think he’s broken most of us Sham.

It seems like he has finally twigged that his ideas dont work. This is never going to succeed.

Libertarian said:
Making 3 separate substitutions in 13 minutes is just ridiculous.

One of which was the best player on the park, on form and on a hat-trick. It’s not as if we have a midweek game either.

Not been convinced by any of our defenders and the keepers for the playing style RM wants. None have the composure technique and pace to make this work add the fact they can't track a player and ball watch. Every time a game is stretched we look vulnerable. We have goals in us but always going to concede at will. Something needs to give now either the owners or RM.

It seemed an extra long journey home last night, so decided not to post thoughts on the game and let things settle in my mind.
A few brief thoughts.
We played well in the first half, with Birmingham offering very little, we should have been a further 2 goals ahead with either a bit of luck or playing more on the front foot.
The penalty was in line with us and at the time didn’t even cross my mind that it was a penalty and just watched where the ball was going afterwards.
Seen it since, and still don’t think so, but then again I’ve given up trying to work out interpretation of the laws.
Talk at HT was we need a 3rd.
Birmingham changed things and we didn’t react even after warnings.
The inevitable came, and then we got lucky with our 3rd.
From then on it was us hanging on and dropping deeper, going down to 10 didn’t help. We sat there knowing what was coming, and talk around us was much the same.
Now I could talk specifics, but they’ve already been done to death.
So general comments.
The team is playing some watchable football, when things are going well. Under pressure we collapse.
I’m not going to comment further on individuals or tactics but in general our team is weak physically and mental attitude, and add the lack of pace it results in the mixture we see.
Off the pitch, there appears to be so much wrong that the club is heading on a downward spiral. How that gets sorted who knows, but if the owners are staying then that can only give the option of a change of management.
I can’t see anything different now until the end of the season, and that’s when things become clear, for good or bad.

Captain_Sham said:
At least we have an easy game next to get right.

The looney thing is, we’re probably more likely to get a result against them away than Brum at home.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back