• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Swans win

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These days, you get the feeling we can beat any opposition, esp with a mean defence and the pace and link up with our forwards and wing backs - almost a perfect recipe for away games? Really excited, 1-2 to the mighty swans. COYS

THIS ARTICLE INITIALLY APPEARED AHEAD OF THE ORIGINAL FIXTURE DATE

Mowbray expecting a more direct Swansea this evening

Source: Blackburn Official Site

Tony Mowbray says he's seen a different side to Swansea City, and expects Steve Cooper's high-flyers to play a more direct style this evening at Ewood Park.

Mowbray watched on as the Swans earned a comfortable 2-0 win over Barnsley at Oakwell on Saturday night.

Goals from Ben Cabango and Jamal Lowe kept up the pressure on table-topping Norwich City and moved Swansea four points clear of third placed AFC Bournemouth.

Cabango's goal was a looping header from Connor Roberts' long throw, and Mowbray says he wouldn't be surprised if the usual style of the Swans' play isn't seen tonight.

“I don’t think the Swansea we know and appreciate for their brand of football will be coming," he told iFollow Rovers ahead of the contest.

“I watched most of their game at Barnsley after our game at the weekend and they were pretty direct.

“There were long throws coming into the box and they were more like Stoke in the 2000s than the Swansea we’ve maybe seen over the last dozen years or so.

“Swansea will be coming in good fettle, I think they’re sitting second in the league, they’re doing well and they’re winning games.

“They have a centre forward who is probably one of the best centre forwards in the league and should be playing in the Premier League with his strength, his power and his class," he added when profiling Andre Ayew, who has scored against Rovers in the last two meetings between the sides.

“It’ll be a competitive game and we will go into it believing we can win this football match."

Large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVM8CjOpYwc

BLACKBURN ROVERS V SWANSEA CITY FIXTURE POSTPONED

Source: Swansea Official Site

Tonight's Championship fixture between Blackburn Rovers and Swansea City at Ewood Park has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Following an inspection by local referee Michael Salisbury this morning, the pitch was deemed unplayable and a decision was made to postpone the game.

A new date for the fixture will be announced in due course.

Called off for a waterlogged pitch?
It's like being back in the third division again.

STEVE COOPER | BLACKBURN POSTPONEMENT UNFORTUNATE BUT UNDERSTANDABLE

Steve Cooper felt the decision to postpone Swansea City’s Championship fixture against Blackburn Rovers was the right one given the forecast of further heavy rainfall in Lancashire.

The playing surface at Ewood Park was deemed unplayable during an inspection by local referee Michael Salisbury, and the game has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

A new date for the fixture will be confirmed in due course.

And Swansea head coach Cooper acknowledged that the weather forecast meant conditions were only likely to get worse ahead of the scheduled 7pm kick-off.

“Unfortunately, the weather has just got the better of us. It is one of those things that is unavoidable and unfortunate and, like everything else, we will adapt to it,” he said.

“Obviously, we will have to play the game again whenever that fits in, and we will deal with it as it comes.

“One of the good things in the Championship is having a run of games where you can get on a roll, but it’s no-one’s fault and it is one of those things.

“The forecast is really bad for the rest of the day so it’s an understandable decision.”

Steve%20Cooper%20Middlesbrough.jpg

Bradley Dack calls Ewood Park pitch a 'shambles' after Blackburn Rovers fixture postponement

Bradley Dack described the Ewood Park pitch as a 'shambles' after Blackburn Rovers were forced to call off their Championship fixture against Swansea City due to a waterlogged pitch.

A pitch inspection took place this morning and with wet weather conditions forecast for the remainder of the day, referee Michael Salisbury made the decision to postpone the fixture.

The surface at Ewood came under severe criticism in the midst of Rovers' 1-1 draw against Stoke City on Saturday with Tony Mowbray complaining that his players had 'lost confidence' because of the deteriorating condition of the pitch.

Following the announcement that the game had been postponed, Swansea boss Steve Cooper admitted he fully understood the decision to reschedule the fixture.

"Unfortunately, the weather has just got the better of us," he said.

"It is one of those things that is unavoidable and unfortunate and, like everything else, we will adapt to it.

"Obviously, we will have to play the game again whenever that fits in, and we will deal with it as it comes.

"The forecast is really bad for the rest of the day so it’s an understandable decision."

Dack, meanwhile, took to Instagram to express his frustration at the postponement.

The Rovers talisman had posted a picture ahead of this evening's contest with the caption 'back under the lights tonight' prior to the postponement.

Dack then commented under his post saying: "Maybe not. Pitch is an absolute shambles."

0_Dack-Insta.jpg

In the aftermath of the Sheffield Wednesday draw on Boxing Day, Mowbray stated that his Rovers players had complained regularly about the state of the pitch.

The Rovers boss then admitted on Saturday that the club were taking the necessary steps to address the issue.

"I've sort of moaned without really moaning about the state of the pitch," admitted Mowbray. "The chief executive knows my thoughts and he at this moment, as I know, is trying to source new pitches. It hasn't been changed apparently for 28 years.

"If we're going to play our brand of football, we need a football pitch to play on. And if we're going to have a football pitch here we need a football pitch at the training ground that marries the pitch here so that we can play on this surface but it's a huge expense."

0_GettyImages-1293198460.jpg

DETAILS CONFIRMED FOR REARRANGED BLACKBURN FIXTURE

Details have been confirmed for Swansea City’s rearranged Championship fixture at Blackburn Rovers.

The game had been due to take place on January 19, but a waterlogged pitch led to a postponement.

Instead the match will now take place on Tuesday, March 9, with a kick-off time of 6pm.

Ewood%20Park%2016x9.jpg

Re-generating the original matchday thread for this one - poll results have been deleted and restarted whilst all the usual information at the front end of the thread has been updated - last games for both sides, referee details and key stats

Thirteen games to go starting with this one, and even the most one eyed Jack has to admit (a) that we've had some amazing luck this past week and more worryingly (b) we've hit a serious slump in form compared to earlier in the season. Thankfully this slump hasn't been totally reflected in results, but it concerns me greatly as we reach the sharp end of the season.
I think the root of this slump has been the drop off in form of our two main strikers, Ayew and Lowe, and perversely the arrival of Hourihane, which has left our midfield lacking balance and bite, and has left Cooper scratching his head about how to accomodate him. The serious injury to Morris has removed the obvious alternative up front.
The big question now is, can Cooper find the right blend in the front five to get this team firing again at the level shown against Norwich at home a few short weeks ago, or is our promotion challenge going to fizzle out? Answers on a postcard, please.

Pegojack said:
Thirteen games to go starting with this one, and even the most one eyed Jack has to admit (a) that we've had some amazing luck this past week and more worryingly (b) we've hit a serious slump in form compared to earlier in the season. Thankfully this slump hasn't been totally reflected in results, but it concerns me greatly as we reach the sharp end of the season.
I think the root of this slump has been the drop off in form of our two main strikers, Ayew and Lowe, and perversely the arrival of Hourihane, which has left our midfield lacking balance and bite, and has left Cooper scratching his head about how to accomodate him. The serious injury to Morris has removed the obvious alternative up front.
The big question now is, can Cooper find the right blend in the front five to get this team firing again at the level shown against Norwich at home a few short weeks ago, or is our promotion challenge going to fizzle out? Answers on a postcard, please.

With the fixtures coming this fast now, trying to find that blend is bit difficult as he's having to chop n change coupled with the fact that the squad is not as deep as some thought. To me we are looking shagged out, but here's a thing....I don't see heads dropping, the spirit is immense. The bitta luck we've had can only help with that. Personally I think we will click back into gear....maybe against a side who play piss poor on the day. Right now the players must think their invincible after past week, the one plus with 2/3 a games a week is we should stumble on how best to use Hourihan cos I agree with many.....him playing well could be the key to promotion. Boro had a reason to win yesterday being where they are, our next 2 opponents could really suit us being where they sit. Some brilliant posts on here trying to find the answers...truth is we all know its going to the wire...its what we do.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back