• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Swans win

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
why bring lowe in as one then? Why spend nearly 1 million quid on a kid you wont play? thre would be a hatfull of strikers available for that money

Dr. Winston said:
sainthelens said:
Maybe he sees it in training. Bout time we trusted him, he's got us this far against all odds. I was his biggest critic, but its precarious now, make wholesale changes...lose a couple of games cos we do and it's over. Personally think he's dragging every point he can out of his first choices in the hope itll get us over the line. Yes that's a gamble, but atm its working.

Nobody is asking for wholesale changes. Just sensible use of the squad available to him rather than reverting to the same nine or ten players every week. Asking why Morris barely featured during his time here, why Manning has started less than half a dozen league games (and naturally gets dropped again tonight) or why we're sending on a just back from injury 36 year old instead of a pacy young forward we just spent £700k on is only natural.
Possibly fair questions to ask, but perhaps he feels wer hanging on for points with the best he thinks we have and is reluctant to change it. We are still picking up points so in effect he's getting it right. As someone has mentioned there are at least 4/5 other sides with stronger squads. His gamble may not pay off....but so far its working.

I think Lowe has been worth the investment, but like we all know he's not the striker we're seeking, if we go up and he plays on the left or right and we use the promotion money to buy a proper number 9, he could be something else is all im saying, but what do I know

eteb said:
why bring lowe in as one then? Why spend nearly 1 million quid on a kid you wont play? thre would be a hatfull of strikers available for that money

Were they Coopers choices to bring in ?

we shouldnt be hanging on though saint, we're pretty much second and playing like this against lesser teams ffs. We dont even set up to try and win a game? We dont even try and play. Everyone on our bench is good enough to be at least rotation level in this divison. Manning is lightyears ahad of Bidwell and he plays how many games?

sainthelens said:
eteb said:

Were they Coopers choices to bring in ?

possibly not yanks but im fairly sure whittaker was. Even then the yanks are full US internationals ffs

Akajack said:
I think Lowe has been worth the investment, but like we all know he's not the striker we're seeking, if we go up and he plays on the left or right and we use the promotion money to buy a proper number 9, he could be something else is all im saying, but what do I know

i agree, i think he s brilliant but he'sfucking knackered. This is what im saying, he gives us nothing from 70 mins onwards due to fatigue, why are we not even trying whittaker/ariola? There is no rationale to it.

Swanjaxs said:
Awful, I'm not gona lie, I was tempted to get off the settee and leave with 10 minutes to go...

Ha ha, quality.

There is to me, coops has said they're not ready, maybe they weren't his choices , maybe they were, sometimes it doesn't work out

The midfield has to be grimes/ Fulton/ smith.
The front 2 offer us nothing. So if you give Whittaker at leat 20/25 mins he can’t be any worse BUT you might just find an answer.

Madridjack said:
The midfield has to be grimes/ Fulton/ smith.
The front 2 offer us nothing. So if you give Whittaker at leat 20/25 mins he can’t be any worse BUT you might just find an answer.

Ive enjoyed watching Grimes Fulton develop this year, but theres no creativity, but there is defensive safety, tough call

we've played our best stuff with those three in the middle

should Grimes and Fulton play behind CH and let him do the magic for the from 2?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back