• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Swans win

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i think that was the plan tonight Aka but he was anonymous

lots have said put CH in at AM and let him slide it in, I agree but im not sure he can do that, if he could, he wouldn't be with us in the championship

eteb said:
Akajack said:
I think Lowe has been worth the investment, but like we all know he's not the striker we're seeking, if we go up and he plays on the left or right and we use the promotion money to buy a proper number 9, he could be something else is all im saying, but what do I know

i agree, i think he s brilliant but he'sfucking knackered. This is what im saying, he gives us nothing from 70 mins onwards due to fatigue, why are we not even trying whittaker/ariola? There is no rationale to it.
Just seems the last transfer window was a complete waste of time and an opportunity passed up. There is no point in signing Morris, ariola and Whittaker if you are not going to make use of them in matches. It has been a complete waste of 3 signings , and if he didn't think they were good enough or going to be any use to the team then they shouldn't have been signed. It's obvious to all the team is knackered on it's feet and three quarters full of players who will only get you the odd goal and yet according to cooper there's no one good enough to give some of them a rest.

eteb said:
we shouldnt be hanging on though saint, we're pretty much second and playing like this against lesser teams ffs. We dont even set up to try and win a game? We dont even try and play. Everyone on our bench is good enough to be at least rotation level in this divison. Manning is lightyears ahad of Bidwell and he plays how many games?

Then perhaps it's time we realised that maybe we arnt as good as we all think ? With the international break coming, Coops could be pushing to get every minute he can out of his choices. And that maybe we only the 3rd/4th best in this division and we are over achieving...a little.

eteb said:
Cooperman said:
How’s this for a starter for ten, it wouldn’t be this team that would grace the Premier League.

the thought of Cabango in the prem is fucking frightening

He's 20 years of age feeling his way at the moment and barring a couple of bad hoofs defended everything he could
Get off his back there's worse players on that pitch tonight
You wanna blame someone take it up with Cooper who's not willing to utilise his squad

perhaps youre right. But there have been plenty of games this season where we've looked like the best team in the eague by a mile. This is what's irritating becuase we have proved that we can play with this group

Dr. Winston said:
sainthelens said:
Maybe he sees it in training. Bout time we trusted him, he's got us this far against all odds. I was his biggest critic, but its precarious now, make wholesale changes...lose a couple of games cos we do and it's over. Personally think he's dragging every point he can out of his first choices in the hope itll get us over the line. Yes that's a gamble, but atm its working.

Nobody is asking for wholesale changes. Just sensible use of the squad available to him rather than reverting to the same nine or ten players every week. Asking why Morris barely featured during his time here, why Manning has started less than half a dozen league games (and naturally gets dropped again tonight) or why we're sending on a just back from injury 36 year old instead of a pacy young forward we just spent £700k on is only natural.

OK I’ll give it a go. Morris needed a bit of time to adjust was only here for a very short time. “Barely featured” a bit disingenuous. How can you condemn dropping Manning and at the same time complain that there’s not enough rotation? Routs tactical sub. Don’t get me wrong I think he needs to be more proactive during a game but he is definitely no Monk. That’s just Planet Swans meltdown.

sainthelens said:
eteb said:
we shouldnt be hanging on though saint, we're pretty much second and playing like this against lesser teams ffs. We dont even set up to try and win a game? We dont even try and play. Everyone on our bench is good enough to be at least rotation level in this divison. Manning is lightyears ahad of Bidwell and he plays how many games?

Then perhaps it's time we realised that maybe we arnt as good as we all think ? With the international break coming, Coops could be pushing to get every minute he can out of his choices. And that maybe we only the 3rd/4th best in this division and we are over achieving...a little.

No idea, but part from Brizzle in the second half, theres no other team (sorry and Brennturd) that have outplayed us, the league is very poor quality this year, lets blame covid and thank fuk were near the top

Geoff thom said:
eteb said:
the thought of Cabango in the prem is fucking frightening

He's 20 years of age feeling his way at the moment and barring a couple of bad hoofs defended everything he could
You wanna blame someone take it up with Cooper who's not willing to utilise his squad

you're spot on geoff. I can understand the hoof under pressure but its ahen he has the ball unchallenged that gripes me. Latib for me looks a better prospect

A4Jack said:
Dr. Winston said:
For me Fulton and Grimes are too similar. They're both good at breaking up play and moving possession on but we need a ball carrier in there. Someone to break the lines. I've never thought that we've had the midfield balance particularly right all season (apart from MGW's brief contribution) but defence has covered it.

Hourihane's need for a different kind of play has thrown that into even more stark light.

Smith has to start every game, think it's a toss up in midfield then. Would be tempted to try Fulton - Smith - Hourihane.

Start with what got you up the top half Smith,grimes and fulton that works

eteb said:
Geoff thom said:

you're spot on geoff. I can understand the hoof under pressure but its ahen he has the ball unchallenged that gripes me. Latib for me looks a better prospect

You don't know what he's been told they all hoofed it
Remember if you played football at the back it was if in doubt put it out or up the park

yes but not when un challeneged. I agree it appears to be the game plan which is extremely contradictory to coopers post match comments

Longlostjack said:
Bournemouth on Saturday will be a different game. Was a tough game against Middlesborough on Saturday and I reckon Cooper has just about done enough on the rotation front in the last two games. Who knows Bennett might be back too. Calm down boys!

I'll say it now Bournemouth will hammer us

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back