• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Blackburn Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was at the playoff final id rather be hard to brat tjan just to be walk throughed i know its early and i appreciate that its alarming going off what i seen from the mk dons last week

Yjb_09 said:
Do you think that waa acceptable how straight forward how they got thier goals?

Very similar to the two goals we conceded in the play-off final?

Yjb_09 said:

How does that make it the worst performance in 3 seasons???..............Double Dipstick :lol: :lol:

Yjb_09 said:

The penalty came from an individual error… their first came from Grimes being a sh*thouse and allowing the delivery to come in.

Cullen missed 2 quality opportunities… had he taken them it would be a completely different story.

We all knew the transition was going to take time (including more quality coming through the door)… for me, we looked a lot better and further along the process than I could have imagined.

Yjb_09 said:
I was at the playoff final id rather be hard to brat tjan just to be walk throughed i know its early and i appreciate that its alarming going off what i seen from the mk dons last week

We definitely were not hard to beat in the play off final.

Magic_Michu said:
PSumbler said:
There's definitely much we need to strengthen in.

I maybe harsh here but I don't rate Dhanda and never really have done and I am still not sure what Smith offers our midfield. If we lose Grimes then we need to change the midfield. A fit Walsh may help as will Downes but we still need more. (And of course Fulton still to come back)

We need someone up front - Lowe, Cullen, Whittaker and Joseph will not score enough to make us a good side so that becomes essential as does some level of central defender.

As the articles on here have said we do need to be patient, you cannot undo the last two years overnight and some of the signs today were of the change we are going through. Martin will know what he needs to do - the next few weeks will show that (IMO)

I thought Dhanda (for once) and Smith were excellent today

I'm happy to admit a one eyed view on Dhanda as I dont rate him so probably blind to anything he does good

I do disagree on Smith though as I want him to play well but he never seems to do anything, he always looks off the pace

PSumbler said:
Magic_Michu said:

I'm happy to admit a one eyed view on Dhanda as I dont rate him so probably blind to anything he does good

I do disagree on Smith though as I want him to play well but he never seems to do anything, he always looks off the pace

I’ve always thought this about Smith too… but I thought today he was at the centre of most of our good play.

Jinxy said:
It'll take time to undo cooperball - the players weren't trusted to play out from the back by default, so their confidence will need some building. I didn't see the game, but the possession stats are what we're used to. As has been said, a sprinkling of more and suitable talent will go a long way, as will time and patience. Well done (Doc?!) Martin and the players today.
Absolute rubbish I have posted highlights across both sites demonstrating how we played out from the back under the previous manager

a prime example is at Stoke where their goal came as a result of a mistake from Geuhi as we were palying out from the back , and in the same game our equaliser came from a move again started by playing out from the back....we did play like that under the previous manager so it sshouldnt be a problem but it is for Bennet....when you rewatch many games he is the one who hoofs ....the previous manager dropped hom to allow more ball playing....but hey ho let the myths persist. the difference now is our new manager wants to use the keeper more as a pivot to allow an extra outfield player to push up...high risk....

Vetchonian said:
Jinxy said:
It'll take time to undo cooperball - the players weren't trusted to play out from the back by default, so their confidence will need some building. I didn't see the game, but the possession stats are what we're used to. As has been said, a sprinkling of more and suitable talent will go a long way, as will time and patience. Well done (Doc?!) Martin and the players today.
Absolute rubbish I have posted highlights across both sites demonstrating how we played out from the back under the previous manager

a prime example is at Stoke where their goal came as a result of a mistake from Geuhi as we were palying out from the back , and in the same game our equaliser came from a move again started by playing out from the back....we did play like that under the previous manager so it sshouldnt be a problem but it is for Bennet....when you rewatch many games he is the one who hoofs ....the previous manager dropped hom to allow more ball playing....but hey ho let the myths persist. the difference now is our new manager wants to use the keeper more as a pivot to allow an extra outfield player to push up...high risk....

You do know Cooper was the one who signed Bennett right?
and we had 20% more posession than 95% of Coopers games in charge, away from home

PSumbler said:
A4Jack said:
Hoping so Phil. Think we did ok today, could see we were trying things and it will come but the squad badly needs improvement.

It looks League One standard at present, but time for it to change!

There's definitely much we need to strengthen in.

I maybe harsh here but I don't rate Dhanda and never really have done and I am still not sure what Smith offers our midfield. If we lose Grimes then we need to change the midfield. A fit Walsh may help as will Downes but we still need more. (And of course Fulton still to come back)

We need someone up front - Lowe, Cullen, Whittaker and Joseph will not score enough to make us a good side so that becomes essential as does some level of central defender.

As the articles on here have said we do need to be patient, you cannot undo the last two years overnight and some of the signs today were of the change we are going through. Martin will know what he needs to do - the next few weeks will show that (IMO)

Totally agree with the striker situation,there simply is not enough goals with that set of players, its why we didnt go up tbh.

PSumbler said:
Magic_Michu said:

I think Smith is hopeless. Real dirge.

We need a new midfield and if the bang average to donkey Grimes funds it, then happy days.

Vetchonian said:
Jinxy said:

How many times? Your highlights are selective few minutes and wholly unrepresentative. You are like fucking robocop. Get over it. Cooper failed with all the money from the parachutes and turned us into Cardiff then shat out when the going got tough. Those are facts. You don’t have to like them.

Dhanda looked like a talented youngster with potential under Potter, but a smallish creative midfielder was never going to flourish under the Ponty Goblin. I think he's got a lot more to offer in the right system but it's a make or break season for him.

Smith's decent enough, but it's either him or Fulton and Fulton's just a better player.

Dr. Winston said:
Dhanda looked like a talented youngster with potential under Potter, but a smallish creative midfielder was never going to flourish under the Ponty Goblin. I think he's got a lot more to offer in the right system but it's a make or break season for him.

Smith's decent enough, but it's either him or Fulton and Fulton's just a better player.

Dhanda is a wasted shirt, takes him 9 games where he's missing in action and turns up with a goal or an assist in his 10th, it's like playing with ten men, because he doesn't put a tackle in or intercept anything, he plays a nice sideways pass like Grimes though

I’ll be honest, because I quite like him, but the player that did my head in today was Naughton. Killed everything he touched and if I never see him take a throw in again it will be 300,000,000 light years too soon.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back