• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Blackburn Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PSumbler said:
A4Jack said:
Hoping so Phil. Think we did ok today, could see we were trying things and it will come but the squad badly needs improvement.

It looks League One standard at present, but time for it to change!

There's definitely much we need to strengthen in.

I maybe harsh here but I don't rate Dhanda and never really have done and I am still not sure what Smith offers our midfield. If we lose Grimes then we need to change the midfield. A fit Walsh may help as will Downes but we still need more. (And of course Fulton still to come back)

We need someone up front - Lowe, Cullen, Whittaker and Joseph will not score enough to make us a good side so that becomes essential as does some level of central defender.

As the articles on here have said we do need to be patient, you cannot undo the last two years overnight and some of the signs today were of the change we are going through. Martin will know what he needs to do - the next few weeks will show that (IMO)

I agree with the forward, I like Cullen but hes not ready to be our number 9 yet, think the squad numbers confirm that
He had 2 great chances again today and he just cant seem to get the shot power to really trouble the keeper

PSumbler said:
A4Jack said:
Hoping so Phil. Think we did ok today, could see we were trying things and it will come but the squad badly needs improvement.

It looks League One standard at present, but time for it to change!

There's definitely much we need to strengthen in.

I maybe harsh here but I don't rate Dhanda and never really have done and I am still not sure what Smith offers our midfield. If we lose Grimes then we need to change the midfield. A fit Walsh may help as will Downes but we still need more. (And of course Fulton still to come back)

We need someone up front - Lowe, Cullen, Whittaker and Joseph will not score enough to make us a good side so that becomes essential as does some level of central defender.

As the articles on here have said we do need to be patient, you cannot undo the last two years overnight and some of the signs today were of the change we are going through. Martin will know what he needs to do - the next few weeks will show that (IMO)

I thought Dhanda (for once) and Smith were excellent today

lidojack said:
Shame about the result but found myself enjoying that.

The overwhelming majority of their chances came from our mistakes so if we can cut even half those out we'll be brilliant to watch. Doing a complete 180 in style of play over a week was always going to be impossible but the direction we are going in looks promising.

I think you’re right there. Could be quite promising when we get players returning or coming in on loan too.

It'll take time to undo cooperball - the players weren't trusted to play out from the back by default, so their confidence will need some building. I didn't see the game, but the possession stats are what we're used to. As has been said, a sprinkling of more and suitable talent will go a long way, as will time and patience. Well done (Doc?!) Martin and the players today.

Think the only thing today showed was the urgency for a few signings.
We really need someone up top who the ball will stick to and will provide an outlet. Even when we used to play good football we always had a striker capable of holding the ball up and bring others into play.
Add in another CB and a Winger and i think we could be a decent side.
Have to wait and see if Grimes goes first.

I know its early and im behind this manager i think
first impression he looks a good fit i know hrs only i had less than a week to work witj the squad but that was a suicide mission today and carry on with this and what I seen from.his mk dons side last weekend v bournemouth after 19 months in charge im petrified about the season ahead entertainment or not we cant afgord to drop out of this league

Fair enough though I do not see a problem up front. Obviously Stoke start with Fletcher and bring on Surridge to win, however Stoke won narrowly over Reading. It would be ideal if we could bring in a Fletcher or a Surridge but I think our challenge lies elsewhere. Our front players will be good enough in my opinion. Conceding almost 20 shots in a game, whilst holding 70% possession. Carry on in that pattern and the trap door will be open by Christmas.

Bryanswan said:
Think the only thing today showed was the urgency for a few signings.
We really need someone up top who the ball will stick to and will provide an outlet. Even when we used to play good football we always had a striker capable of holding the ball up and bring others into play.
Add in another CB and a Winger and i think we could be a decent side.
Have to wait and see if Grimes goes first.

Not according the owners today… they say we’re not relying on sales to bring players in and they’ll be investing. Let’s seem if words are backed up by actions

Baron Goblet said:
Fair enough though I do not see a problem up front. Obviously Stoke start with Fletcher and bring on Surridge to win, however Stoke won narrowly over Reading. It would be ideal if we could bring in a Fletcher or a Surridge but I think our challenge lies elsewhere. Our front players will be good enough in my opinion. Conceding almost 20 shots in a game, whilst holding 70% possession. Carry on in that pattern and the trap door will be open by Christmas.

Who have we got who is capable of holding the ball up in the other teams half? Think we've been missing someone like that. I think Cullen and Lowe are okay but both need another forward up with them.
I think our weakest point is at CB, Bennett and Latibaudiere have been dreadful. If we dont at least replace one of them it'll be a long season.

Latibaudiere needs to up his concentration levels if he wants a regular place in this team. He lacks urgency and plays like he thinks he's Beckenbauer, which he definitely isn't. Dosn't look like he's fully 'with it' when on the pitch. Is there a decent player in there? God knows, but at the moment he's a massive liability in both passing and tackling (gives too many free kicks away).

Do you think that waa acceptable how straight forward how they got thier goals?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back