• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | WBA v The Swans | The Official Match Thread | EFL Championship | The Hawthorns

What will the result be against West Brom

• West Brom win

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Swans win

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
karnataka said:
Think we should bring Yates on so it's 11 v 11

Need to be able to get to him first. Our problem is Grimes and Fulton having a lovely day doing naff all.

Longlostjack said:
No outlet in midfield

Nope, nothing absolute zero, Rushworth threw the ball out and we didn't have the pace to get to it, why the fuk do it then.

Defenders not picking up players in the box hence the goal and what makes it worse was that it was scored by a defender who wasn't marked, unbelievable.

I realise it'll take time for the team to gel, but we should be better individually surely?

League One "pragmatic" football just doesn't look like it's going to work against Championship opposition. Players at this level can deal with the basics. Our press can't get near them because they have a back four spread across the pitch and as soon as a midfielder steps out they play into the offered space.

Hook one of the centre backs at half time, doesn't matter who, get this Arsenal lad on and see what all the fuss is about, it really can't get any worse than this pile of wànk...

Seen better park football. That first half was hopeless.

Why can't we just have a coach who wants to play 4 at the back. We don't have the players to be playing these diagonals

jasper_T said:
League One "pragmatic" football just doesn't look like it's going to work against Championship opposition. Players at this level can deal with the basics. Our press can't get near them because they have a back four spread across the pitch and as soon as a midfielder steps out they play into the offered space.

Hopefully it's just the whole thing taking time to gel but if that pragmatic football then we have a battle on our hands.
Pointless doing this if there is no creativity or we are unable to strong atleast half a dozen passes together.

Not trying to create anything but just pointing out what I have seen in this first half.
Mind you, I think if we to be brave here then we are capable of turning this around because WBA are not that great....infact, I think we are making them look decent.

Re Swans TV access problems, ta for the responses. Sorted now, I just wonder whether it's the mother-in-law's aging pc that was the issue.

Mind having watched that gash, I'm not sure if I'm pleased to be watching

Seems like our only attacking tactic at the moment is to ping a long diagonal to one of the wingbacks.

MrSwerve said:
Absolutely zero atmosphere there.

You're probably watching the Swansea feed. Low volume and hardly any crowd noise. Switch to the baggies feed and twice the volume, and full crowd noise! Same for us last season. We can't even get the coverage right.

What have we become?

Please take Cabango off and bring someone on ... anyone really. Expecting him to play with ball at feet ain't going to work.

mrploppy said:
What have we become?

Please take Cabango off and bring someone on ... anyone really. Expecting him to play with ball at feet ain't going to work.

Cabango offers nothing, basically a liability.

Surely Duff will give them a kick up the arse at half time. Right now the team is entirely split into attack and defence and there is no link between them so we are hitting hopeful long punts that our centre halves don't have the skill to pull off consistently.

Piroe is dropping deep to try to get on the ball and Yates has been given absolutely nothing to feed off, not even balls into the channel that he can chase down its just going straight out of touch every time.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back