• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Taking the knee

exiledclaseboy said:
If they stopped kneeing and changed it to standing on one leg with their finger on their nose but still labelled it an anti racist gesture the same people booing the knee would boo that too. Because they’re racists.

Absolutely. Taking the knee has made no difference whatsoever to endemic racism and never will. Neither will any other gesture. Keep on taking the knee and making no difference.

I can see both sides. If it's divisive it's hard to see it succeeding to achieve its aim. But then again why give in? Does it matter that yanks who don't know the meaning of the word Marxist reckon it's Marxist and people over here repeat it like parrots? I dunno, maybe it does if it means getting them all worked up about it week in week out. People who are worked up by it aren't going to listen to the message, so maybe it's time to rethink it.

Darran said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
No one is confused though.

This is the way the conversation has gone:

Black players - we are kneeling in support of racial equality
White blokes in the internet - no, you’re not, you’re kneeling in support of Marxists
Black players - no, we really are not. Some organisations that we don’t agree with have also knelt but we are supporting the wider message and movement not a specific group
White blokes - you’re lying. You are supporting the Marxists
Black players - why do you think we are lying and why would we support Marxists?
White blokes - you just are - I know better than you about why you’re doing something. Change it now to something I like more.
Black players - but we used kick it out for years and we still get abuse constantly. It makes no difference and we need to do something that gets more attention.
White bloke - you’re lying, there is no racism in football
Black players - as soon as we missed a penalty we got awful racist abuse
White bloke - white players get abuse as well
Black players - they don’t get sent pictures of monkeys, get told to go back to where they come from and get called vile insults
White bloke - snowflake. You’re the ones that have caused all this anyway, there wasn’t racism before.
Black players - we used to get bananas thrown on to the pitch
White bloke.- banter isn’t it. Where is your sense of humour? You’re not very oppressed are you. You’re a millionaire.

Lis have a day off ffs. This knee is going nowhere and the PL/EFL have the opportunity to lead the way here and do something momentous to stop anyone saying there’s an association to the BLM.

You’re so f**king dense Darren at times it’s painful. You’re the one who needs to take a day off. F**k it take two.

AceJack said:
Darran said:
Lis have a day off ffs. This knee is going nowhere and the PL/EFL have the opportunity to lead the way here and do something momentous to stop anyone saying there’s an association to the BLM.

You’re so f**king dense Darren at times it’s painful. You’re the one who needs to take a day off. F**k it take two.

:lol:

Itchysphincter said:
AceJack said:

:lol:

If I’m dense I don’t know what that makes the people that don’t understand what I’m saying.
Mind you everyone in this thread knows exactly what I’m saying it’s just that people like Acey,ECB and Lisa ‘think’ they’re special and are better than the rest of us.

Darran said:
Itchysphincter said:

If I’m dense I don’t know what that makes the people that don’t understand what I’m saying.
Mind you everyone in this thread knows exactly what I’m saying it’s just that people like Acey,ECB and Lisa ‘think’ they’re special and are better than the rest of us.

Think?

exiledclaseboy said:
Darran said:

Think?

Point proven,prick.

Darran said:
Itchysphincter said:

Laughing at his comment not you.

Anyway, I agree with you and ECB and Lisa - it would be interesting to see what excuses the racists would find to boo a different gesture to the knee, but I don’t see why players should stop taking the knee just because racists don’t like it.

Itchysphincter said:
Darran said:

Anyway, I agree with you and ECB and Lisa - it would be interesting to see what excuses the racists would find to boo a different gesture to the knee, but I don’t see why players should stop taking the knee just because racists don’t like it.

I mentioned in another thread, how about a Nazi salute? If I did that would it make me racist? Or, how about I followed the players taking the knee whilst doing the Nazi salute? Do you think people would 'approve' that? I'll try it next home game...or, I'll just boo the bollox in taking the knee I think 🤔 My point is it is fèckin bollox...taking the knee, fist in the air, doing the Nazi salute blah blah blah is shìte! It proves nothing, it does nothing, it is horse shìt...please stop it as it achieves nothing but division.

"please stop it as it achieves nothing but division." - between racists and normal, decent people? Sounds good to me.

Samba said:
Itchysphincter said:

I mentioned in another thread, how about a Nazi salute? If I did that would it make me racist? Or, how about I followed the players taking the knee whilst doing the Nazi salute? Do you think people would 'approve' that? I'll try it next home game...or, I'll just boo the bollox in taking the knee I think 🤔 My point is it is fèckin bollox...taking the knee, fist in the air, doing the Nazi salute blah blah blah is shìte! It proves nothing, it does nothing, it is horse shìt...please stop it as it achieves nothing but division.

Whatever Trevor. Please do the nazi salute and boo during the next game, it’ll be great.

Samba said:
Itchysphincter said:

The difference is taking the knee is a show of solidarity from people if all races ( not just black players doing it, in case you hadn't noticed ).
The Nazi salute is a symbol of hate.
If you can't see the difference then perhaps you should go live somewhere else.
I hear some of the Southern parts of the USA is great for Rednecks ?

Itchysphincter said:
Samba said:

Whatever Trevor. Please do the nazi salute and boo during the next game, it’ll be great.

He talks in the other thread about hating cowards, so I'm sure he'll provide video evidence of himself booing the knee tomorrow night. He wouldn't want to be a hypocrite after all...

I’m not quite sure who many times the players have to say taking the knee is not a political gesture and nothing to do with any BLM movement.
As far as I’m concerned if you can stand there and boo a player for taking a knee and then celebrate when they score it’s staggering hypocrisy.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back