• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Blackburn Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Captain_Sham said:
Not only is it the first time time we have not won on opening day of the Championship, its also the first time Blackburn have beaten us since we have been back in the Championship.

Incorrect. Hull beat us under Rodgers, Martinez against Charlton, Sousa vs Leicester

Piss off you misery.

Captain_Sham said:
Not only is it the first time time we have not won on opening day of the Championship, its also the first time Blackburn have beaten us since we have been back in the Championship.

And none of those opening days or points against Blackburn counted for f*ck all. What is actually wrong with this bloke? It’s almost as if he’s Spratty in disguise, but that would be harsh on Sprouts. Bore.

Fee agreed with Ipswich’s Downes… let’s hope he knows how to pass the ball.

Can he play centre back!?

Captain_Sham said:

Amazing insightful stats, and of those 7 championship seasons how many times did we get promoted? or the past 4 season results against Blackburn how many times did we get promoted then?
Its less than 3% of the season with a manager whos had 6 days in charge, chill your beans

You can see what Martin is working on with the squad - after 5 days training we weren't likely to see much more - we know as it stands that the squad is weak and not probably what we want

Lets see what the next 7 days bring, expecting 2-3 new players in that time and that could make a difference

PSumbler said:
You can see what Martin is working on with the squad - after 5 days training we weren't likely to see much more - we know as it stands that the squad is weak and not probably what we want

Lets see what the next 7 days bring, expecting 2-3 new players in that time and that could make a difference

Hoping so Phil. Think we did ok today, could see we were trying things and it will come but the squad badly needs improvement.

It looks League One standard at present, but time for it to change!

They had 19 shots. Our poor passing was responsible for a high % of those. That may be the instruction from the Gaffer but surely he doesn't commend suicidal passes.

PSumbler said:

ABOVE... hes been here less than a week, I reckon its going take 10-12 games before we see "something".

Pity Passing wasn't in Cooperball huh?

After that we can certainly see who can pass a ball and who can’t. I think he might try some different players in each of the next 4 games like a pre season .

Team next week: I guess Smith will be injured…

Benda

Naughton
Cabango
Bennett

Laird
Bidwell
Downes
Grimes / Garner
Patterson

Lowe
Cullen

CurtessECarr said:
They had 19 shots. Our poor passing was responsible for a high % of those. That may be the instruction from the Gaffer but surely he doesn't commend suicidal passes.

I honestly think he does

PSumbler said:

Absolutely can see what we want to do, its harder to teach people to play football than to hoof it long and hope something drops for 90 minutes.
Assuming Walsh will fill the gap left by Grimes, right now I see us needing at a minimum:

Centre half (one if we convert Naughton to centre half otherwise two)
Right wingback (cover for Roberts when he returns and someone who can carry out the role now)

Other positions need some padding out but those are glaring problem positions that need dealing with right now

A4Jack said:
PSumbler said:

Hoping so Phil. Think we did ok today, could see we were trying things and it will come but the squad badly needs improvement.

It looks League One standard at present, but time for it to change!

There's definitely much we need to strengthen in.

I maybe harsh here but I don't rate Dhanda and never really have done and I am still not sure what Smith offers our midfield. If we lose Grimes then we need to change the midfield. A fit Walsh may help as will Downes but we still need more. (And of course Fulton still to come back)

We need someone up front - Lowe, Cullen, Whittaker and Joseph will not score enough to make us a good side so that becomes essential as does some level of central defender.

As the articles on here have said we do need to be patient, you cannot undo the last two years overnight and some of the signs today were of the change we are going through. Martin will know what he needs to do - the next few weeks will show that (IMO)

I think maybe they took him a little too literally
He said 'we want possession, hopefully as far away from our goal as possible'
Even back in the day we always cleared as a last resort, not pass into oblivion with 3/4 players pressing us in our box
We always had our wingers on the touchline to recieve a long pass if under pressure

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back