• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 22/23 The Official Bristol City v Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Bristol City?

• Bristol City win

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Swans win

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bakajack said:
Based on the last performances against Preston I want to see:

----------------------------- Benda --------------------------------
-----Darling ------------ Naughton ------ Wood ----------------
Oko-Flex ---------------------------------------------- Manning
----------------- Grimes ------------- Fulton --------------------
----------------- Ntcham ------------ Cooper -------------------
----------------------------- Piroe ---------------------------------

After those 3 games out I expect Piroe to be sharp and hungry after letting the team down.

For some reason, Ncham can't do it when he starts. Better to keep him as second half super sub and stick with Cundle, who is class.

Pegojack said:
For some reason, Ncham can't do it when he starts. Better to keep him as second half super sub and stick with Cundle, who is class.

Indeed

Ringwood Jack said:
Have to say Darling is improving and looking our best player in the 3 now

Wood makes me nervous. I'd be tempted to go for Naughton - Cabango - Darling tbh

When Nathan Wood is on the ball he looks like hes inching down an icy hill after 5 pints at the local.

lidojack said:
It's a damning indictment of Finn Stevens mind.

Yep, this season's Ogbeta. Along with Ogbeta himself of course, who I think is still here?

So maybe it'd be better to say he's this year's Finley Burns.

We could do with kicking this habit of signing players who Martin then has no interest in playing.

Anyone who thinks we were poor today needs to watch Crud vs Rotherham. Jesus. Two teams going nowhere. Still kicking towards o’doodle’s nut and hoofing down the right channel. They won’t go down, as incredibly there are worse and they’ll probably win this crapfest today. Sometimes we may need to realise we aren’t in such a bad place after all.

Brighton 3 Chelso 0. Sometimes you’ve got to love football.

monmouth said:
Anyone who thinks we were poor today needs to watch Crud vs Rotherham. Jesus. Two teams going nowhere. Still kicking towards o’doodle’s nut and hoofing down the right channel. They won’t go down, as incredibly there are worse and they’ll probably win this crapfest today. Sometimes we may need to realise we aren’t in such a bad place after all.

When I say we were poor today I'm not judging that on Cardiff's standard, I couldn't give a fuck about them, I'm judging today on our standard in the last 7 games, today we were well off the mark and did well to get a point against an average Bristol side and I stand by that.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
When I say we were poor today I'm not judging that on Cardiff's standard, I couldn't give a f**k about them, I'm judging today on our standard in the last 7 games, today we were well off the mark and did well to get a point against an average Bristol side and I stand by that.

Spot on. A decent side would have beaten us and Bristol very comfortably today.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
When I say we were poor today I'm not judging that on Cardiff's standard, I couldn't give a f**k about them, I'm judging today on our standard in the last 7 games, today we were well off the mark and did well to get a point against an average Bristol side and I stand by that.

Yeah, we didn’t carry the threat we had, but we might have upped our game against a better side, who knows? Brizzle just stayed behind the ball and tried to play on turnovers. Burnley, the way they played against us, would have turned us over easily enough, but no way we’re we as bad we were that day, and that was only a couple of weeks ago. I still think we were ok, just a bit off and started the wrong team…again. We’ve been getting away with that, and did again today, just. It’s a good point at any time up there, we can’t win them all, and we can’t play to top form all the time. We’ve had a good run. We’re not top two material (though we could be with a couple of tweaks - the division is ordinary).

I think we’re agreeing other than your poor equalling my ok. Different expectations of today.

Can someone tell me please what does sorinola bring to the party?
Same goes for Latibeaudiere.
Thank Gawd for Benda in that first half. They should have been 2 up, with us gifting them possession plus school boy defending.
Second half, after the subs especially Oko-Flex and Ncham, who were different gravy.
The difference was more pace, which made all the difference.
Defo a point won, not 2 lost.

monmouth said:
Yeah, we didn’t carry the threat we had, but we might have upped our game against a better side, who knows? Brizzle just stayed behind the ball and tried to play on turnovers. Burnley, the way they played against us, would have turned us over easily enough, but no way we’re we as bad we were that day, and that was only a couple of weeks ago. I still think we were ok, just a bit off and started the wrong team…again. We’ve been getting away with that, and did again today, just. It’s a good point at any time up there, we can’t win them all, and we can’t play to top form all the time. We’ve had a good run. We’re not top two material (though we could be with a couple of tweaks - the division is ordinary).

I think we’re agreeing other than your poor equalling my ok. Different expectations of today.

Yeah fair comment, I do have very high expectations of this club which is my own fault.

Was at the game today and Lati and Sorinola were carried by the other 9 players. I was hoping for a win but given both wingbacks were useless a one all draw was a fair result.

Lati is a liability and Sorinola offers nothing in defence or attack. By now everyone can see that.

Would like to see Whittaker recalled from Argyle and be given a chance at wing back, same for Kyle Joseph or Finn Stevens.

Pentyrchjack said:
Was at the game today and Lati and Sorinola were carried by the other 9 players. I was hoping for a win but given both wingbacks were useless a one all draw was a fair result.

Lati is a liability and Sorinola offers nothing in defence or attack. By now everyone can see that.

Would like to see Whittaker recalled from Argyle and be given a chance at wing back, same for Kyle Joseph or Finn Stevens.

"By now everyone can see that" Everyone except Russell Martin, apparently.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back